Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Petition to Bring Back TAMU v. t.u. Game

49,813 Views | 439 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rootube
88jrt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...and I never said that, Duck.

TexAgs folk dislike re-starting the game in overwhelming numbers. That's my point.
This is the 3rd highly unscientific poll I've added up.
Usually 75-85% "+/- "no way"....
Duckhook
AG
12mn95 said:

There really is no need for a petition for or against the game being brought back. There isn't one for when they schedule out of conference games with crappy schools or P5 schools. Why would this be any different? It's about money and when there is enough of it, it will be scheduled. That will be the deciding factor, how much money can we make?

They will schedule it and everyone will show up, even those who will hate it will watch it in some way shape or form. Many on here are against it but not enough to not watch it.

Bingo! Blue star for you.
88jrt06
AG
Duckhook said:

12mn95 said:

There really is no need for a petition for or against the game being brought back. There isn't one for when they schedule out of conference games with crappy schools or P5 schools. Why would this be any different? It's about money and when there is enough of it, it will be scheduled. That will be the deciding factor, how much money can we make?

They will schedule it and everyone will show up, even those who will hate it will watch it in some way shape or form. Many on here are against it but not enough to not watch it.

Baloney. If it was just money, they'd already be on our, say, 2020-2022 schedule. Not even close.
It's about A LOT MORE than just money, at least on the A&M side. Leverage, for example.
I mean, yeah, I guess tu really needs the cash...but we don't.

(You're right...the petition idea is even dumber than playing the game...)
Duckhook
AG
88jrt06 said:

...and I never said that, Duck.

TexAgs folk dislike re-starting the game in overwhelming numbers. That's my point.
This is the 3rd highly unscientific poll I've added up.
Usually 75-85% "+/- "no way"....

And you are correct.
Duckhook
AG
88jrt06 said:

Duckhook said:

12mn95 said:

Baloney. If it was just money, they'd already be on our, say, 2020-2022 schedule. Not even close.
It's about A LOT MORE than just money, at least on the A&M side. Leverage, for example.
I mean, yeah, I guess tu really needs the cash...but we don't.

(You're right...the petition idea is even dumber than playing the game...)

Who offered up the big bucks that either or both sides turned down?

I'll agree that it's more than just money, but that will play a big part.
12mn95
AG
I'm sorry..I meant to say it's about A LOT OF MONEY. This is a business. All that other stuff is just fluff.
Crop Gun
I hate what the sips did, but this game is a damn institution.

It is how I fell in love with A&M when I was a kid. I fell in love with the traditions, the passion, and the pageantry along with us beating the hell out of t.u. every Thanksgiving.

I wish we would have never gone to the SEC, because we've lost these great in-state games. It makes me so mad that as of right now, if I have a son, I can't take him to Kyle Field and let him experience the game first hand, like I did.

And let me point out that if they do reinstate this game, all of you who are saying "not in my lifetime" will be the first in line to get your tickets.
fistofsouth
Well on the money front I know that Eddie Gossage (President of TMS) indicated he would be interested in hosting the Aggie/ tsip game at Texas Motor Speedway. That would seat over 200,000 fans and I'm sure would sell out.

Having said that I am a student of history. The tsips forced A&M to fire Coach Moran in order to join the SWC. Later they sabotaged Aggie efforts to get into the SEC in the 1990s so they could form the Big-12. Then a few short years ago they cancelled this game in an effort to keep the Aggies in the Big-12. All of this ignores the blatant fist pumping and hook-em signs by refs that have officiated Aggie-tsip games, the era before scholarship limits when they would sign players they never intended to start to keep them off the Aggie roster and the fact they they dictated that the first two decades of the rivalry were either played in Austin or at a neutral site.

Do I miss the game and giving tsip friends and neighbors grief? Sure I do, but is has not prevented me from giving them grief over their crap conference, their recent string of strange coaches, their failed TV network, their c**kcs not glocks protests, et al. If you want it just to give tsips a hard time then you are not paying attention to the clown show they have going on down there; plenty of things to berate them on without the need to give them a marquee game and national exposure (win or lose) to bolster their otherwise lackluster schedule.

Also if you can't find a hog or corndog to butt heads with you HAVE to be a first generation Texan of from the far west portions of the state. Most DFW Aggies have friends if not family that are Razorback fans and most H-Town Aggies have the same thing when it comes to the Swamp Kitties So unless you live west of the Pecos you should be able to find some Arkansas and LSU fans to haze by asking around at work, church or your local bar.
Reload8098
AG
C Loves L said:

Enough said. I was at that game and it still pizzes me off.
aggiepaintrain
AG
the game will happen within the next 10 years

any given year there's a decent chance we would end up in a bowl. If we are ever both really good at the same time it would be impossible to avoid (like has been claimed in the past)
LightningDammitt
AG
fistofsouth said:

Well on the money front I know that Eddie Gossage (President of TMS) indicated he would be interested in hosting the Aggie/ tsip game at Texas Motor Speedway. That would seat over 200,000 fans and I'm sure would sell out.

Having said that I am a student of history. The tsips forced A&M to fire Coach Moran in order to join the SWC. Later they sabotaged Aggie efforts to get into the SEC in the 1990s so they could form the Big-12. Then a few short years ago they cancelled this game in an effort to keep the Aggies in the Big-12. All of this ignores the blatant fist pumping and hook-em signs by refs that have officiated Aggie-tsip games, the era before scholarship limits when they would sign players they never intended to start to keep them off the Aggie roster and the fact they they dictated that the first two decades of the rivalry were either played in Austin or at a neutral site.

Do I miss the game and giving tsip friends and neighbors grief? Sure I do, but is has not prevented me from giving them grief over their crap conference, their recent string of strange coaches, their failed TV network, their c**kcs not glocks protests, et al. If you want it just to give tsips a hard time then you are not paying attention to the clown show they have going on down there; plenty of things to berate them on without the need to give them a marquee game and national exposure (win or lose) to bolster their otherwise lackluster schedule.

Also if you can't find a hog or corndog to butt heads with you HAVE to be a first generation Texan of from the far west portions of the state. Most DFW Aggies have friends if not family that are Razorback fans and most H-Town Aggies have the same thing when it comes to the Swamp Kitties So unless you live west of the Pecos you should be able to find some Arkansas and LSU fans to haze by asking around at work, church or your local bar.
Well said!
Reload8098
AG
Duckhook said:

Look, I would like to see the game played again, but I understand the opinions of those who don't. I'm as happy as anybody about the move to the SEC and the visibility it has given us.

I'm not going to try to change any minds, but I'll tell you what I miss most about the game. Sometime 8 or 10 years ago we won when we were not favored. My wife and I went out for dinner and drinks, and it's possible that I had one or two too many. Possible. I had a great time sitting there calling all my teasip buddies to make sure they had seen the game and offering to bring them up to speed if they hadn't. It was fun, and I would have gotten the same call if the shoe was on the other foot.

I don't have one good friend from Bama, LSU, etc. that I can do that with. That's what I miss.

Yeah the tsip friends I had would call me. I never called them when we won as I chose to handle myself in a different manner as my Aggie father taught me.
Your Friend
C Loves L said:

Is this not a penalty according to the rule?
LightningDammitt
AG
Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

Both players were making a play on the ball. One player could see it was out-of-bounds. The other thought it was a playable ball. Both players have the right to pursue the ball. Both players are allowed incidental contact while pursuing the ball.
Your Friend
LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

Both players were making a play on the ball. One player could see it was out-of-bounds. The other thought it was a playable ball. Both players have the right to pursue the ball. Both players are allowed incidental contact while pursuing the ball.

Isn't it helmet to helmet? The aTm player CLEARLY led with the crown of his helmet.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
This kind of thread brings teasips back...F** them
Aggie304
"Screw those *******s, let them stay mired in mediocrity . If that game goes back on the schedule I'll cancel all six of my season tickets "

My comments on the survey
Duckhook
AG
fistofsouth said:

Actually, I meet neither of those criteria. I do live way down south though. Everybody I grew up with and call good friends went to Texas schools by and large. Not looking to make new friends just to haze them.
up-n-aTm
AG
Crop Gun said:

I wish we would have never gone to the SEC, because we've lost these great in-state games.

There it is folks....the first "Ag" who doesn't like the SEC move. Congrats!
LightningDammitt
AG
Your Friend said:

LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

Isn't it helmet to helmet? The aTm player CLEARLY led with the crown of his helmet.

Lol! Intepretations. The Longhorn leans forward before the Aggie even gets there.. Isn't the Longhorn leading?

What do you want in the game and rules. It is a contact sport. Incidental contact is permissable.
Reload8098
AG
up-n-aTm said:

Crop Gun said:

I wish we would have never gone to the SEC, because we've lost these great in-state games.

There it is folks....the first "Ag" who doesn't like the SEC move. Congrats!
All 2 posts in and no AgTag to boot.
lakeside aggie
AG
No to ever having the game.
TMK
Not Football
Reload8098
AG
Has to be a troll.
12mn95
AG
LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

Play on the ball?? The ball was on the ground when he hit him in the head with the crown of his helmet. Was it a brutal hit, not to me but that is the rule.
LightningDammitt
AG
Reload8098 said:

Has to be a troll.
Lol... given how this thread has gone, I would be crucified for pointing it out...

Thank you for the heads up. If it is a troll, (or a sock?), I wonder who it is?
Reload8098
AG
LightningDammitt said:

Reload8098 said:

Has to be a troll.
Lol... given how this thread has gone, I would be crucified for pointing it out...

Thank you for the heads up. If it is a troll, (or a sock?), I wonder who it is?
well done
LightningDammitt
AG
12mn95 said:

LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

Play on the ball?? The ball was on the ground when he hit him in the head with the crown of his helmet. Was it a brutal hit, not to me but that is the rule.
Lol! Shall we go through the whole rule book again? The Longhorn was in the way of his view of the ball, and he is allowed to make a play... It could have been percieved as a fumble, or even a tipped ball. Was the helmet-to-helmet intentional? Looks incidental to me, but I am not about to change your mindy.

The rule was not intended to mediate this kind of play.

Either way, it's ticky-tack. The ref called it as he saw it. Kudos for the horns. Not an honorable way to win. Which is what others in the thread are saying... It is usually not an honorable win either way with these two teams. Winning the game has rarely benefited A&M.

We wanted out of a crap conference manipulated by a bad conference member. To many teams have left the conference have left because of the same member. The same conference member has been refused on multiple attempts to change conferences. The other conferences don't want to play them on a regular basis either.

Sbisa Chef
Cannot take petition seriously. OP doesn't show the results (probably 99% against bringing back this game).
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

We wanted out of a crap conference manipulated by a bad conference member. To many teams have left the conference have left because of the same member.
This. And not to mention.......

Your Friend
LightningDammitt said:

12mn95 said:

LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

Lol! Shall we go through the whole rule book again? The Longhorn was in the way of his view of the ball, and he is allowed to make a play... It could have been percieved as a fumble, or even a tipped ball. Was the helmet-to-helmet intentional? Looks incidental to me, but I am not about to change your mindy.

Dude, it doesn't matter if it was incidental, accidental, or hwtever. Helmet to helmet is an automatic personal foul. Learn the rules.
88jrt06
AG
Your Friend said:

LightningDammitt said:

12mn95 said:

LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

Dude, it doesn't matter if it was incidental, accidental, or hwtever. Helmet to helmet is an automatic personal foul. Learn the rules.

6-7, 5-7, 5-7.

Do you have a hot Colt poster over your futon?
But...we get...who matters! Lil fella.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
Here is a question. How many people working in Belmont have signed it? As far as I know, no one in any official capacity at tu has ever approached A&M in a respectful way to suggest interest in playing the game again.

Some of you new army Ags need to brush up on the history of our 100+ year relationship with "those people". In doing so, no rational person would ever suggest becoming involved in an ongoing contractual basis with them, ever.

In the name of everything Great and Holy, NO. A thousand times, NO.
RINO Safari
AG
Quote:

the game will happen within the next 10 years

any given year there's a decent chance we would end up in a bowl. If we are ever both really good at the same time it would be impossible to avoid (like has been claimed in the past)
I doubt we'll get the same bowl game if we're both really good. We'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the SEC and they'll be in the playoff.
LightningDammitt
AG
Your Friend said:

LightningDammitt said:

12mn95 said:

LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Quote:

I have no doubt I can find more no calls than you can find legit penalties for helmet contact...

Not worth my time tho... so... you win...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.