***Houston Food & Drink Scene***

119,215 Views | 818 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by wessimo
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wessimo said:

Apparently pizza is the new mattress store.

Or the new sushi
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of sushi we did Katami last weekend and it was excellent. Highly recommend

We also stopped by Sidebar at Bunker Hill and I-10 (next door to Credence) on the way home and it was cool too. Small intimate speakeasy with live jazz music and martinis.

We'll be going back to both spots.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

It has to do well since he dumped $2.1 million into the build out.


Did they resolve whatever your issue with them was?

No. They are refusing to resolve the issue which deprives me of peaceful enjoyment of my propeety.


Loud music or bright lights?

Their HVAC system is extremely loud. It's so loud you can hear it a block away. It sounds like a leaf blower running 24/7.
Hardcore Greg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gaeilge said:

I'd truly love to see what a pizza place's books look like. I would never open a restaurant in general, but the margins with pizza, if you're successful, have to be amazing for so many people to take a shot at it.

$25 for a 16" piece of dough with sauce and cheese (maybe $2-3 total raw materials max), and only 5 min or so to finished product. And no need for a gang of chefs. Yeah it's gotta be pretty amazing margins.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

It has to do well since he dumped $2.1 million into the build out.


Did they resolve whatever your issue with them was?

No. They are refusing to resolve the issue which deprives me of peaceful enjoyment of my propeety.


Loud music or bright lights?

Their HVAC system is extremely loud. It's so loud you can hear it a block away. It sounds like a leaf blower running 24/7.

Gotcha, will have to drive by and see. Not much you can really do about that other than building a wall or something to try to trap some of that sound.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

It has to do well since he dumped $2.1 million into the build out.


Did they resolve whatever your issue with them was?

No. They are refusing to resolve the issue which deprives me of peaceful enjoyment of my propeety.


Loud music or bright lights?

Their HVAC system is extremely loud. It's so loud you can hear it a block away. It sounds like a leaf blower running 24/7.

Gotcha, will have to drive by and see. Not much you can really do about that other than building a wall or something to try to trap some of that sound.

Well we can have HPD write them noise violation citations until they get sick of paying fines and solve the problem on their own, but we don't want to do that. We'd rather come to an amicable resolution, even if it means we contribute to the cost, but so far they are trying as hard as they can to avoid resolving the problem.
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hardcore Greg said:

Gaeilge said:

I'd truly love to see what a pizza place's books look like. I would never open a restaurant in general, but the margins with pizza, if you're successful, have to be amazing for so many people to take a shot at it.

$25 for a 16" piece of dough with sauce and cheese (maybe $2-3 total raw materials max), and only 5 min or so to finished product. And no need for a gang of chefs. Yeah it's gotta be pretty amazing margins.

At $20 profit per pizza he only needs to sell 105,000 of them to payback his $2,100,000 loan, without interest.
Gaeilge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

It has to do well since he dumped $2.1 million into the build out.


Did they resolve whatever your issue with them was?

No. They are refusing to resolve the issue which deprives me of peaceful enjoyment of my propeety.


Loud music or bright lights?

Their HVAC system is extremely loud. It's so loud you can hear it a block away. It sounds like a leaf blower running 24/7.

Give it a couple of months, and I'm sure some of Houston's finest will help to relocate that HVAC system for them!
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gaeilge said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

It has to do well since he dumped $2.1 million into the build out.


Did they resolve whatever your issue with them was?

No. They are refusing to resolve the issue which deprives me of peaceful enjoyment of my propeety.


Loud music or bright lights?

Their HVAC system is extremely loud. It's so loud you can hear it a block away. It sounds like a leaf blower running 24/7.

Give it a couple of months, and I'm sure some of Houston's finest will help to relocate that HVAC system for them!

And they'll probably blame it on me.
Gaeilge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll be your alibi. Of course it wasn't RTT!! We were at the cigar lounge all night!
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
drumboy said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

Not sure of all the prices, but there are a lot of nicer pizza joints, and they seem to do OK

Coastline Pizza
Gypsy Poet
Pizaro's
Gold Tooth Tony's
Via 313



Don't forget Nonno's. It seems like that place is always packed.
Gaeilge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shredders isn't bad either.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

It has to do well since he dumped $2.1 million into the build out.


Did they resolve whatever your issue with them was?

No. They are refusing to resolve the issue which deprives me of peaceful enjoyment of my propeety.


Loud music or bright lights?

Their HVAC system is extremely loud. It's so loud you can hear it a block away. It sounds like a leaf blower running 24/7.

Gotcha, will have to drive by and see. Not much you can really do about that other than building a wall or something to try to trap some of that sound.

Well we can have HPD write them noise violation citations until they get sick of paying fines and solve the problem on their own, but we don't want to do that. We'd rather come to an amicable resolution, even if it means we contribute to the cost, but so far they are trying as hard as they can to avoid resolving the problem.

Can't imagine they are real anxious to drop $80-100K to replace brand new HVAC units.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I hope the pizza place does well, but I didn't know there was a market for a high-end pizza joint. $20-26 before tax and tip for a personal pizza isn't something I'm chomping at the bit to experience. I'm sure it'll do well the first 6-months but we'll see if it can maintain repeat business. At least pizza is a rather high profit margin item since its mostly just dough.

It has to do well since he dumped $2.1 million into the build out.


Did they resolve whatever your issue with them was?

No. They are refusing to resolve the issue which deprives me of peaceful enjoyment of my propeety.


Loud music or bright lights?

Their HVAC system is extremely loud. It's so loud you can hear it a block away. It sounds like a leaf blower running 24/7.

Gotcha, will have to drive by and see. Not much you can really do about that other than building a wall or something to try to trap some of that sound.

Well we can have HPD write them noise violation citations until they get sick of paying fines and solve the problem on their own, but we don't want to do that. We'd rather come to an amicable resolution, even if it means we contribute to the cost, but so far they are trying as hard as they can to avoid resolving the problem.

Can't imagine they are real anxious to drop $80-100K to replace brand new HVAC units.


They don't need to replace it. They just need to reduce the amount of sound it transmits into the neighborhood. That should be easy, quick, and inexpensive. In fact, as I understand, the offending unit only serves the vent hoods in the kitchen, so there is no reason for them to run 24 hours a day. If they just turned it off after they close and didn't run it all night, it would cost them nothing (and probably reduce their electric bill in the process).
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.

Since the owner of the property likes to stalk me on here, maybe they'll encourage their tenant to resolve it.
Texan_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or play the long game... do an Astroturf movement to convince next years' spring breakers that Angie's is a must while in town.
I Am A Critic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buy the Kamp website and redirect it to Angie's.
Username checks out.
Gaeilge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's always cat facts to the emails too...
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.

Since the owner of the property likes to stalk me on here, maybe they'll encourage their tenant to resolve it.

Still really weird that he knows you post on this website.
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redag06 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.

Since the owner of the property likes to stalk me on here, maybe they'll encourage their tenant to resolve it.

Still really weird that he knows you post on this website.

Probably found the thread on a google search for the restaurant name.
7nine
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

redag06 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.

Since the owner of the property likes to stalk me on here, maybe they'll encourage their tenant to resolve it.

Still really weird that he knows you post on this website.

Probably found the thread on a google search for the restaurant name.

It was before the restaurant name was ever announced. Either someone who works at the developer posts on TA or someone close to them does.

ETA: In case you didn't notice, there's a post on this thread from someone who seems to have detailed knowledge of how the HVAC was installed in this building.
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went by this new spot called The Beez Kneez off of 19th the other day that I thought was a really cool concept. It felt like walking into the set of an 80s/90s sitcom.
T Durden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
David_Puddy said:

Went by this new spot called The Beez Kneez off of 19th the other day that I thought was a really cool concept. It felt like walking into the set of an 80s/90s sitcom.


Went to the one in Austin a while back. It was cool until it got crowded and then some lunatic started shooting up Austin right behind it. My wife and I did leave before that craziness.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Texaggie7nine said:

redag06 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.

Since the owner of the property likes to stalk me on here, maybe they'll encourage their tenant to resolve it.

Still really weird that he knows you post on this website.

Probably found the thread on a google search for the restaurant name.

It was before the restaurant name was ever announced. Either someone who works at the developer posts on TA or someone close to them does.

ETA: In case you didn't notice, there's a post on this thread from someone who seems to have detailed knowledge of how the HVAC was installed in this building.


Sorry, but im not the developer or the owner, but I am in construction and live close by. You can drive by and see where are the units are located.
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Texaggie7nine said:

redag06 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.

Since the owner of the property likes to stalk me on here, maybe they'll encourage their tenant to resolve it.

Still really weird that he knows you post on this website.

Probably found the thread on a google search for the restaurant name.

It was before the restaurant name was ever announced. Either someone who works at the developer posts on TA or someone close to them does.

ETA: In case you didn't notice, there's a post on this thread from someone who seems to have detailed knowledge of how the HVAC was installed in this building.


Sorry, but im not the developer or the owner, but I am in construction and live close by. You can drive by and see where are the units are located.

Good to know. I wouldn't want to falsely accuse you of something, since the developer/owner tried to mess with my livelihood by falsely accusing me of a state jail felony after I opposed their parking variance application.

Yeah ... real good neighbors we have here.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Texaggie7nine said:

redag06 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

TXAG 05 said:

Was thinking it might be the vent hoods. Usually those go to the roof, but on this building the vent out the side. Plus all the units are on the ground too.

Since the owner of the property likes to stalk me on here, maybe they'll encourage their tenant to resolve it.

Still really weird that he knows you post on this website.

Probably found the thread on a google search for the restaurant name.

It was before the restaurant name was ever announced. Either someone who works at the developer posts on TA or someone close to them does.

ETA: In case you didn't notice, there's a post on this thread from someone who seems to have detailed knowledge of how the HVAC was installed in this building.


Sorry, but im not the developer or the owner, but I am in construction and live close by. You can drive by and see where are the units are located.

Good to know. I wouldn't want to falsely accuse you of something, since the developer/owner tried to mess with my livelihood by falsely accusing me of a state jail felony after I opposed their parking variance application.

Yeah ... real good neighbors we have here.


That is nuts.
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're longhorns. What would you expect?
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But anyway, I recently went to Tumble 22 on Houston Ave. It's yet another hot chicken joint. I don't know when they opened, but I finally made it in. The food was good and prices are reasonable. The broccoli slaw is interesting in a good way. I had the buffalo chicken sandwich at "cluckin' hot" spice level (2nd hottest), and I was actually slightly disappointed, although it was stinging my buddy's eyes from across the table. Service was quite slow, however. I'll definitely go back.
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, like, I need to adjust my expectations for trying this high demand pizza as a basic commoner.

Whatever, TexAgs…
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

It's yet another hot chicken joint.... Service was quite slow

this checks out.
12f Mane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Try a burger next time
Hardcore Greg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ducks4brkfast said:

Hardcore Greg said:

Gaeilge said:

I'd truly love to see what a pizza place's books look like. I would never open a restaurant in general, but the margins with pizza, if you're successful, have to be amazing for so many people to take a shot at it.

$25 for a 16" piece of dough with sauce and cheese (maybe $2-3 total raw materials max), and only 5 min or so to finished product. And no need for a gang of chefs. Yeah it's gotta be pretty amazing margins.

At $20 profit per pizza he only needs to sell 105,000 of them to payback his $2,100,000 loan, without interest.

I've seen enough. Money laundering operation confirmed. Unleash the 'Fino...

TX04Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is ok, service is terrible there. They need to revamp the spice menu, the spice levels are weak so you have to level up for some heat.
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been keeping up with the drama at Beau Soleil?

Seems a partner locked the other 2 co-owners out and hired the sheriffs department to not let them in.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.