Houston
Sponsored by

2023 DisAstros Thread

136,563 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Mr. McGibblets
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WTF happened today????
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It was just one of those days....

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

maroon barchetta
Was Jim Clancy pitching today?
htxag09
AG
Yall can blame me. Was supposed to bail at work and walk to a bar to watch with a coworker. But something came up and I couldn't. Then it was like 7-0 and wasn't worth it.
schmendeler
AG
Maldy pitched in relief and gave up four runs. His ERA is 36.
TulaneAg
Halfway through the game yesterday you were thinking sweep and 1st place...now you've split a series you were in command of and licking your wounds after another head-scratching result.

This team is missing something...leadership, killer instinct, something. Everyone keeps waiting for them to turn it on and become THE ASTROS but the longer we wait the more doubt creeps in. They're on pace to win 90 games which would be their worst record since 2015 or 2016 with 84 and 86 wins respectively.

Nearly every pitching metric besides JV is heading in the wrong direction...and the same with the bats. I'm worried at this point.
Chaca
AG
Alex Cora. Known cheater and knows how to cheat at MMP. Obviously stole the signs from Maldy.
gooberhead
AG
There's just no fire in their belly. They're fat and happy off last year's results. No intensity, no leadership. Also, questionable roster management by Dusty Baker
Mikeyshooter
AG
35-31 record at home. Pretty disgusting.
htxag09
AG
gooberhead said:

There's just no fire in their belly. They're fat and happy off last year's results. No intensity, no leadership. Also, questionable roster management by Dusty Baker
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
gooberhead said:

Were you listening to 97.5 today?
gooberhead
AG
No, what was said today?
txags92
AG
gooberhead said:

Questionable is such a generous term. I would use a word more like negligent.
gooberhead
AG
txags92 said:

gooberhead said:

Questionable is such a generous term. I would use a word more like negligent.

I agree
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
gooberhead said:

No, what was said today?
Afternoon drive time guy was on a long-winded rant version of your comment, adding in a bunch of nonsense about Dusty being arrogant and detached and not listening to anyone after winning the championship. Not to insult you; his rant got pretty dumb and petty on a personal level towards Dusty. Then went into some bizarre comparisons about AJ doing the same thing in 17 (which I seem to remember as a pretty good season, now that I think about it).

Typical Houston sports radio, always crying ownership, management, and coaching. Players never have nagging injuries or bad outings, because the jock sniffing hosts want to be cool with the players.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Microwave Onions said:

gooberhead said:

No, what was said today?
Afternoon drive time guy was on a long-winded rant version of your comment, adding in a bunch of nonsense about Dusty being arrogant and detached and not listening to anyone after winning the championship. Not to insult you; his rant got pretty dumb and petty on a personal level towards Dusty. Then went into some bizarre comparisons about AJ doing the same thing in 17 (which I seem to remember as a pretty good season, now that I think about it).

Typical Houston sports radio, always crying ownership, management, and coaching. Players never have nagging injuries or bad outings, because the jock sniffing hosts want to be cool with the players.

Didn't hear this segment, but Joel Blank sucks. He is a whiny *****.
jetch17
AG
Pressley, you dick
digging tunnels
AG
Effffffffg!
jetch17
AG
one strike away
digging tunnels
AG
Rangers are sucking and we can't capitalize. Meanwhile Seattle on a tear and gonna surpass is both
jetch17
AG

spadilly
S
Finally! Good to see her again.
sts7049
AG
batting practice today
jetch17
AG
A lot more fun being on this side of it
htxag09
AG
This is something….
jetch17
AG
jetch17
AG
That was fun

Ciboag96
Jose Altuve with the cycle. Why Altuvegate-obsessed opposing fans continue to show up and subject themselves to increased PTSD is beyond me. He broke several yesterday.
schmellba99
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Jose Altuve with the cycle. Why Altuvegate-obsessed opposing fans continue to show up and subject themselves to increased PTSD is beyond me. He broke several yesterday.
F the haters.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

randy828
AG
jetch17 said:

We won't see Brantley this season
Ahem....Ahem....

Quote:

Aug. 29: OF Michael Brantley reinstated off 60-day IL; OF Corey Julks optioned to Triple-A Sugar Land; RHP Jake Cousins designated for assignment
Brantley, who hasn't appeared in a big league game since June 26, 2022, was activated off the 60-day injured list on Tuesday and in the lineup in left field against Boston. Brantley had shoulder surgery in August 2022 and suffered a couple of setbacks in his rehab, including one in early May when he was a day away from being activated. Brantley just completed a Minor League rehab assignment at Triple-A and went 8-for-23 with a homer and seven RBIs in seven games.
Astros manager Dusty Baker said Brantley would split time between left field and designated hitter. He will start at designated hitter on Wednesday.
jetch17
jetch17
AG
12th Man Ag
AG
Hoping for a 3-way tonight!
schmendeler
AG
Mariners lose!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.