Houston
Sponsored by

2023 DisAstros Thread

132,347 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Mr. McGibblets
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my all-time favorite Astro is being inducted into the Astros HOF this weekend, Bill Doran. Doran and Thon were an awesome combination and would have been great for years except for that beaning of Thon.

Quote:

Join us this weekend as we enshrine the legendary careers of former second baseman Bill Doran and former longtime play-by-play broadcaster Bill Brown into the Astros Hall of Fame, presented by Houston Methodist.
jetch17
AG
randy828
AG
What the heck is with the Mariners? Hopefully too little too late.
jetch17
AG
schmendeler
AG
11-3 in back to back games
Al Bula
AG
Adam Winkler is the cringiest chode at channel 13. I don't know whose sack he gargled to get the weekend job but dude gotta go.
jetch17
AG
That dude is a schlong
jetch17
AG
schmendeler
AG

I want to believe!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The comebacks always happen when I'm driving or otherwise not watching.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
randy828
AG
I love this quote

Quote:

Marlins manager Skip Schumaker said. "It's unfortunate because he's pitching good other than the home runs.
Mose Schrute
AG
randy828 said:

I love this quote

Quote:

Marlins manager Skip Schumaker said. "It's unfortunate because he's pitching good other than the home runs.

definitely can relate though….
jetch17
AG
schmellba99
AG
TF is going on with this team the last 2 games?

Ugly, ugly baseball
jetch17
AG
Fart noise.
txags92
AG
schmellba99 said:

Ugly, ugly baseball

This is what it looks like when the bottom third of your order is hitting around or below .200 and the top 6 go into a slump simultaneously. We have to find some guys capable of hitting over .200 to put in the 7, 8, 9 slots.
schmellba99
AG
txags92 said:

schmellba99 said:

Ugly, ugly baseball

This is what it looks like when the bottom third of your order is hitting around or below .200 and the top 6 go into a slump simultaneously. We have to find some guys capable of hitting over .200 to put in the 7, 8, 9 slots.

I am not sure that helps when the other team is playing home run derby aga8nst your starting, middle and closing pitchers though
Serious Lee
except for the no hitter, framber been pretty bad since the break.
txags92
AG
schmellba99 said:

txags92 said:

schmellba99 said:

Ugly, ugly baseball

I am not sure that helps when the other team is playing home run derby aga8nst your starting, middle and closing pitchers though
We when that happens, your offense better be up for the task of scoring more. No point putting your worst possible offense on the field in a home run derby.
TulaneAg
Why do I have an Aussie calling my Astros game? Somebody lost their damn mind at Peacock.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
TulaneAg said:

Why do I have an Aussie calling my Astros game? Somebody lost their damn mind at Peacock.
Oh, so you're the guy who can watch the game today. Congrats.
TulaneAg
They're starting today like they ended last night...I might not make it long.
txags92
AG
Yeah, not a fan of a British soccer announcer calling baseball. Not sure who he is really, but I thought I had turned on the English Premier League broadcast instead.
Serotonin
AG
I think many (most?) Astros fans before season would've pointed to Mariners as biggest threat in AL. Elite pitching and a very good lineup.

Baltimore, Tampa, Toronto, Arlington have all been very good but I like our chances against any of them in the playoffs. Seattle? Don't love that matchup.

Not sure why they were so mediocre first half but they've turned it on and have a favorable schedule ahead.
TulaneAg
Keystone Cops again. Breg misses pop up, Pena doesn't cover bag for potential double play, nobody (pitcher, catcher, 2nd baseman) movers a finger to stop a stolen base, and rook gets his first major league hit after starting 0-2 and drives in 2 more.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Doesn't matter who we play right now. Altuve hitting well, but everyone else has been trash. And the pitching couldn't be worse.
jetch17
AG
We lick.
TulaneAg
Offense showing some life finally. LFG!!!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
TulaneAg said:

rook gets his first major league hit

Anyone throw it into the stands?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Serotonin said:

I think many (most?) Astros fans before season would've pointed to Mariners as biggest threat in AL. Elite pitching and a very good lineup.

Baltimore, Tampa, Toronto, Arlington have all been very good but I like our chances against any of them in the playoffs. Seattle? Don't love that matchup.

Not sure why they were so mediocre first half but they've turned it on and have a favorable schedule ahead.

Fartlington has spent so much money in free agency over the last couple years that they were due to be good. Didn't expect them to be this good. If the Stros don't turn it on soon, might not be enough to get through the first round.
jetch17
AG
Finally

jetch17
AG
Wicked pissah

schmellba99
AG
Verlander telling Cora to f off was beautiful, especially since it was all on mic live
jetch17
AG
The Blummer and TK snickering and 'covering' for it afterwards was funny

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.