Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,269 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
themissinglink said:

Boo Weekley said:

Can't say what i really want to on here about the scum liberals who elect the vile trash that contribute directly to this. But blood is on their evil hands.

Quote:

HPD: Man out on 7 felony bonds kills mother of his child, shoots baby she was holding

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/westpark-woman-killed-baby-injured-westpark/285-6f393ebc-d71f-41db-bb24-578bd2be3d62
This won't surprise anyone, but the judge who let this guy out on bond...

https://twitter.com/nataliacorneli4?lang=en
Quote:

Judge of 351st District Court in Harris County, Texas. Criminal Justice Reformer. Mujer Feminista.
https://www.nataliacornelio.com/
Quote:

Reduce reliance on incarceration
Incarceration is not the only solution.

When appropriate, we need to expand the use of sentencing alternatives to address the underlying causes of criminal behavior and reduce the economic and social costs of incarceration.

Implement pretrial justice
Economic circumstances shouldn't determine freedom before a trial.

We must stop detaining people before trial simply because they cannot afford to pay.
This is exactly what she ran on...
does judge Natalia cornelio live at 7 N York St 77003? Quick Google search says maybe, and HCAD says this is a "current owner" property so does HC own it?
Sea Speed
AG
jesus christ i clicked on the tweet and saw dumb**** dora has harris county minors getting vaccinated by entering them in a scholarship raffle. completely disgusting. i legitimately hope this whole thing leads to revolt. how could it not. jesus christ our fellow man is so ****ing ******ed and are nothing but sheep.
Serotonin
AG
Birthplace: Chicago IL.
Al Bula
AG
Sound the gong! We got another overnight.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/10/hpd-man-fatally-shot-during-argument-at-north-houston-home/
Quote:

A preliminary investigation determined an altercation occurred between the victim and a suspect described as an adult male at another location. At some point, the suspect came to the victim's house and an argument ensued. The men argued about paperwork and some sort of exchange of money. The dispute escalated and the suspect shot the victim before fleeing the scene in a grey Honda.
No doubt these well-to-do chaps had some misunderstanding about a croquet or squash match.
AustinCountyAg
Ocean Of Funk said:

Sound the gong! We got another overnight.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/10/hpd-man-fatally-shot-during-argument-at-north-houston-home/
Quote:

A preliminary investigation determined an altercation occurred between the victim and a suspect described as an adult male at another location. At some point, the suspect came to the victim's house and an argument ensued. The men argued about paperwork and some sort of exchange of money. The dispute escalated and the suspect shot the victim before fleeing the scene in a grey Honda.
No doubt these well-to-do chaps had some misunderstanding about a croquet or squash match.

You're a racist. Just because their black and brown skinned doesn't mean they play squash!
themissinglink
AG
Authorities believe they know who the suspect is.

So what are the odds he was out on bail?
MAROON
AG
Property crime is also out of control. Good friend owns a very popular restaurant and businesses on west Alabama. Yesterday morning thieves broke in at 6:00am and used a drill to steal his safe. He's had all kinds of crime there in recent months. Said the thieves know HPD does a shift change at 5:00-6:00 and they target that time. This morning he texted me to tell me another business near another property he owns in Bellaire had the catalytic converters cut off seven of their trucks last night. $30k damage for thieves to get a middling of value. There is a Crime Stoppers petition being circulated right now to send to the legislature to end this ridiculous Harris County bail system. I encourage all of you to sign it. It's a first step I guess. As much as I would like to start a vigilante group to shoot thieves it's probably not happening .yet.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Sea Speed
AG
I would not want to live in the city right now at all. You have zero recourse. Protect your property and the DA will throw the book at you while letting all the trash out to victimize you again and again. And the police are basically only around to make reports. There is basically zero chance of property crimes getting solved.
Mr. Lahey
AG
Do you have a link for the petition? My half ass google search didn't come up with anything.
W
AG
that's a good point.

how time flies...the Katrina babies are now 15 & 16-year olds.

and if they haven't had one or two or three positive adult role models in their lives...

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
OEag11 said:

Do you have a link for the petition? My half ass google search didn't come up with anything.
Haven't found that yet, but they're also circulating this link to submit public comment to the legislature:
https://comments.house.texas.gov/home?c=c090

Al Bula
AG
Bloody night. Two gents were quaffing topo chicos at the local bistro when one received (likely a kiss of death) text, so they tried to boogie. Two of their other chums from a rival illegal pharma conglomerate got the drop on them and sent one home to the big taqueria in the sky.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/11/hpd-man-fatally-shot-outside-southwest-houston-bar/

Two buds conducted some sportsing, specifically a friendly foot race, at the local barbershop and argued over who won. One of the heroic sprinters rained gunfire down upon the other in the spirit of keeping it real. Unfortunately no deaths. Why is it unfortunate? Anyone idiotic enough to argue over a race at the barbershop is an oxygen thief.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/10/3-injured-during-shooting-in-northeast-houston-police-say/

And this just in: Sunday morning shooting at North Freeway and Shepherd. Not much other info yet.

https://abc13.com/north-freeway-shooting-i-45-shepherd-drive-houston/10879178/
Serotonin
AG
" Many people would be alive and with their loved ones if it were not for the legions of panty-waist NIMBY libs in the Heights, West U and other white liberal havens."

Just gotta say that anyone who chooses to live in West U (insulated and protected by good neighborhoods on all sides, have their own police force which hassles anyone who "looks out of place", has their own elementary school, city services, etc) and votes Dem policies on everyone else is a hypocrite of the highest order. Same with whites in good suburbs.

At least people in the Heights, Montrose, EaDo and elsewhere at least have to deal with rising property crime, theft, and other residual effects of the ridiculous policies they vote for.
Diggity
AG
Quote:

The victim and her boyfriend had stopped to pick up friends when a man with a gun walked up, according to Houston police.

The gunman pointed a pistol at the man and said, "You know what time it is," officers said.

Across the street, a woman yelled at the gunman.

"Just shoot them already," she said, according to HPD.

https://abc13.com/east-little-york-robbery-shooting-woman-shot-houston/10876701/
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

The gunman pointed a pistol at the man and said, "You know what time it is
Anti-taxxer
AG
Serotonin said:

" Many people would be alive and with their loved ones if it were not for the legions of panty-waist NIMBY libs in the Heights, West U and other white liberal havens."

Just gotta say that anyone who chooses to live in West U (insulated and protected by good neighborhoods on all sides, have their own police force which hassles anyone who "looks out of place", has their own elementary school, city services, etc) and votes Dem policies on everyone else is a hypocrite of the highest order. Same with whites in good suburbs.

At least people in the Heights, Montrose, EaDo and elsewhere at least have to deal with rising property crime, theft, and other residual effects of the ridiculous policies they vote for.

I regret that I have but one blue star for you.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Had to spend part of dinner last night with a stereotypical rich white liberal uncle and I'm not sure I can comment right now without going full blown Forum 16. Just miserable people who want everyone else to be miserable. They thrive on this **** because it's their only way of trying to bring everyone else down to their level. And I don't think they'd even know what they were mad at if they didn't have Rachel Maddow or someone else on TV to tell them every night. Wish they would all follow through on their "threats" to move to Canada.
Sea Speed
AG
Harry Lime said:

going full blown Forum 16.

This is good a place as any to go off on a rant
htxag09
AG
Canada won't take them
MAROON
AG
Property crime is alive and well in west u. Now we surely don't have some of the other bs you will encounter in the heights - but we have porch pirates, car break ins, catalytic converters cut off cars, and burglary.

We do have a fancy new virtual wall that the police are using to photograph every license plate of every car that enters west u. The hope is that will lead to more arrests and possibly stop some of the crime.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
TarponChaser
Harry Lime said:

Had to spend part of dinner last night with a stereotypical rich white liberal uncle and I'm not sure I can comment right now without going full blown Forum 16. Just miserable people who want everyone else to be miserable. They thrive on this **** because it's their only way of trying to bring everyone else down to their level. And I don't think they'd even know what they were mad at if they didn't have Rachel Maddow or someone else on TV to tell them every night. Wish they would all follow through on their "threats" to move to Canada.

I just can't wrap my head around that mindset and why they're so miserable.
Onceaggie2.0
htxag09 said:

Canada won't take them

Exactly will not take white Americans in
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It was exactly as you'd picture. Couple hundred family and friends at a wedding, first time we'd all been together since Jan 2020. Can barely hear each other over the band. And he's telling me about Trump and how most Republicans are just nasty people. I'm thinking, "look around you dude. We're the people having fun because we can separate the TV from real friends and family in real life."

Thank God he was in a better mood today and just wanted to talk baseball.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Harry Lime said:

It was exactly as you'd picture. Couple hundred family and friends at a wedding, first time we'd all been together since Jan 2020. Can barely hear each other over the band. And he's telling me about Trump and how most Republicans are nasty just people. I'm thinking, "look around you dude. We're the people having fun because we can separate the TV from real friends and family in real life."

From me to your uncle: Go **** yourself.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Diggity said:

Quote:

The victim and her boyfriend had stopped to pick up friends when a man with a gun walked up, according to Houston police.

The gunman pointed a pistol at the man and said, "You know what time it is," officers said.

Across the street, a woman yelled at the gunman.

"Just shoot them already," she said, according to HPD.

TarponChaser
Harry Lime said:

It was exactly as you'd picture. Couple hundred family and friends at a wedding, first time we'd all been together since Jan 2020. Can barely hear each other over the band. And he's telling me about Trump and how most Republicans are just nasty people. I'm thinking, "look around you dude. We're the people having fun because we can separate the TV from real friends and family in real life."

I can't imagine how that's an appropriate subject for conversation at a wedding. Blue parachute of fail for that fcker.
Onceaggie2.0
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/crime/blue-corvette-westheimer-shooting-houston/285-e9c8a3e6-e2cf-472d-846d-23ec9735b8f9

**** like this scary seems to be unprovoked
RK
AG
1. i'd wager this wasn't 100% random
2. those new vette's are fly
rilloaggie
AG
Troy Finner (new HPD Chief) posted about the rising crime rate on nextdoor. The two most vocal schools of thought seem to be that it's a gun problem, and that constitutional carry is to blame, even though we are a month out from that. The other is "if you think things are bad now, you should have lived through the 80's, crack, etc. I'm wondering what reaction id get if I applied the same logic to racism? "Oh if you think it's bad now, you should have lived through Jim Crow, slavery, and segregation. We should be thankful for how things are today compared to the past". We are surrounded by idiots
Marvin_Zindler
AG
rilloaggie said:

Troy Finner (new HPD Chief) posted about the rising crime rate on nextdoor. The two most vocal schools of thought seem to be that it's a gun problem, and that constitutional carry is to blame, even though we are a month out from that. The other is "if you think things are bad now, you should have lived through the 80's, crack, etc. I'm wondering what reaction id get if I applied the same logic to racism? "Oh if you think it's bad now, you should have lived through Jim Crow, slavery, and segregation. We should be thankful for how things are today compared to the past". We are surrounded by idiots
v
Sea Speed
AG
RK said:

Every time I see one I think its some super car until I see it closer or from another angle. I thibk it may be the first sports car I'm going to have to talk myself out of.
Sea Speed
AG
RK said:

Every time I see one I think its some super car until I see it closer or from another angle. I thibk it may be the first sports car I'm going to have to talk myself out of.
Sea Speed
AG
Yes they are. How people think that criminals give a shot about the constitutional carry law, or any for that matter, is beyond me. People truly are idiots.
RK
AG
i've had 2 people in the last week (an uber driver and a friend) talk about how "everybody will be allowed to carry guys with no oversight". incorrectness aside, it's as though they think there is a large contingent of people out there wanting to commit gun crimes but who are held back by the fact that they cannot legally carry.
tylercsbn9
AG
rilloaggie said:

Oh that's a great whataboutism on the racism front. Plenty of morons on r/Houston keep talking about "its not bad like the early 90s" like the recent sharp rise in the last two years isn't something to be concerned about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.