Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

116,290 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
htxag09 said:

Boo Weekley said:

htxag09 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

This must have been a different segment, or I was only half listening, which is possible.

Oberg was talking about the illegally obtained weapons and gun violence being up x% this year.

And this is a fact I think we'd all agree with. Doesn't mean he was pushing gun control.

Yeah but they've always been mostly illegally obtained guns. These are hardened criminals and felons we are talking about, they're not buying pistols from academy or Carter's Country. Seems like this has always been the case.

Agreed. And oberg said exactly that. Paraphrasing as I was working and had it going on the computer, but he said "this isn't a debate for gun control, these are already illegal, they're being brought into the country illegally, they're not sold in gun shops."

I don't think gun control would help here. I'm not for any kind of gun control. I have zero doubt politicians will use this for gun control, they already are. Just saying that channel 13s broadcast of this as it was happening wasn't pushing gun control.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I didn't watch it but was just assuming they probably were. Refreshing when any media, even local, tells the truth and keeps a level head.
agproducer
AG
Oberg is all about facts. He is very analytical.
. . .
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/01/28/disturbing-details-of-k-9-stabbing-suspects-alleged-confession-of-delivering-dad-fatal-blow-lawyer-withdraws-from-case/
Quote:

The judge also approved for his current lawyer, Ralph Manginello, to be removed from his case. That request came from both Manginello and Smith because the two had a prior cordial relationship, as stated in court.

The judge informed Smith he would be appointing a new attorney to act on his behalf until Smith, if he decides to do so, hires one.
Quote:

Detectives said Smith was operating the truck with no headlights at night, nor had any front or rear license plates, and attempted to pull him over, but he refused to stop. Smith led officers on a chase for about 10 miles, lasting about 15 minutes, before crashing in the Memorial Park area and took off on foot, managing to escape.

Inside the vehicle, police found a loaded hunting rifle and a black Labrador Retriever. In the bed of the truck, they found a tent and a 15-pound metal dumbbell with blood on it, documents state.

Detectives then went back to the father's home to investigate. That is when they found the man's body hidden in the garage. Authorities said he died from head trauma.

The son's time on the run came to an end around 1:50 p.m. when a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper found him walking along the side of the road on Highway 159 near Bellville, Texas.
Smith was taken into custody without incident.

According to documents, Smith confessed to killing his father. He told investigators he distracted his dad, struck him in the head three times with the weight, then tied a plastic bag around his bloody head.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

According to documents, Smith confessed to killing his father. He told investigators he distracted his dad, struck him in the head three times with the weight, then tied a plastic bag around his bloody head.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.