Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,220 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Police union is calling for his resignation. Sounds like part of the Judge's issues is his refusal to hold trials because of COVID. Inexcusable on many levels, even the DA recommended this guy be locked up until trial.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-police-officer-killed-shooting-union-demands-judge-resign
What the hell is this judge doing to justify his salary?
Sea Speed
AG
Read thst article! There are SEVERAL that haven't held a trial in a YEAR
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sea Speed said:

Judges shouldn't even be elected because they are D or R. The law is the law. Those 22 judges should be ashamed but they probably wear it as a badge of honor.

And if you voice what should happen to a low life dildo with blood on his hands like this fatass judge, you get in trouble for "threatening a sitting judge".

At this point...**** 'em all.
Mr. Lahey
AG
Where is the posse meeting up at?
Sea Speed
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

I know this is a joke, but I really do wonder what can be done. No one takes protesters seriously, and certainly not someone protesting a bunch of dem judges. The people are just screwed.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sea Speed said:

Mr. Lahey said:

I know this is a joke, but I really do wonder what can be done. No one takes protesters seriously, and certainly not someone protesting a bunch of dem judges. The people are just screwed.

Outside of committing acts that would land you in jail, I would start with plastering this fatass' face all over billboards, busses, etc. all over the greater Houston area letting the citizens know all about the good judge. If he wants so badly to be a progressive pioneer, we should make him a household name and the face of Houston's skyrocketing murder rate.
JSKolache
AG
Sea Speed said:

Mr. Lahey said:

What can be done is retail politics. Draft up a mailer with a photo of every victim of these paroled lowlifes. Next to each victim include name(s) of the officeholder(s) who played a part in their release of their killers (Ogg, judges, etc.) Print 200k copies & mail them to likely voters. Maybe buy a few billboards. It will be expensive. And will it matter in the end to Harris Cty voters??
Sea Speed
AG
He would probably be the easiest to go after as a fat white male. Maybe the domino's would start to fall. Anyone want to group buy ad space on a billboard?
Mr. Lahey
AG
Someone needs to put a bug in Michael berrys ear
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Mr. Lahey said:

Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Sea Speed
AG
Surely there are enough like minded folks that want to see this particular change made, right? I would hope people would want to join in this fight. What kind of entity would need to be formed to start something like this? 501c3?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
No. Maybe a 501c4 but look at restrictions on political/candidate activity.
Waltonloads08
AG
that dude is COVID bait. he was clearly terrified that his quadruple bypass couldn't take it.
Ag_07
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

Someone needs to put a bug in Buzbee's ear

FIFY
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

Someone needs to put a bug in Michael berrys ear

For those that didn't hear it
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-michael-berry-show-27764850/episode/guess-who-was-responsible-for-the-cop-killer-not-being-in-jail-am-show-hr-1-87152173?cmp=ios_share&sc=ios_social_share&pr=false
sts7049
AG
if he's afraid of covid then he should try not being a fat pig
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Murray Newman's take. Normally I like his stuff, but what a bunch of excuse making
Quote:

These 22 District Court and 16 County Court Judges aren't public officials trying to navigate an unprecedented pandemic crisis. They are obviously all crime bosses trying to cause chaos in the streets by steadfastly refusing to go to trial and just releasing bloodthirsty criminals into the street as an alternative, right? At a minimum, they've all shut down their courts and have refused to come to work, leading all of these violent offenders to be released on PR bonds so they could go kill again, haven't they? Haven't they stopped having trials because they are lazy or too scared to risk coronavirus? At least, that part is true, isn't it?

That's what we keep hearing if you watch the local news.

But the reality is that the behavior of the Judges during the Pandemic is actually quite the opposite. From the onset in the spring of 2020, the Judges had to step into the fray quickly and efficiently as they were called upon to balance public safety against the constitutional rights of people accused of crimes. It was a task that they had some level of familiarity with, having navigated a courthouse shut down due to Hurricane Harvey, but Hurricane Harvey would ultimately prove to be only a light dress rehearsal for the full-fledged crisis that Covid-19 has proven to be.
It's a long post
http://harriscountycriminaljustice.blogspot.com/2021/08/scapegoating-judges.html
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yikes, it gets worse further down as he starts lashing out with personal attacks at anyone he disagrees with, from reporters (for quoting crime victims) to random people on facebook who must be Trump supporters! The reporter he's attacking was not "arguing" anything; she was quoting people directly connected to a homicide.

It's an adversarial system, and he's a Democrat who's been on the defense side since 2008. But all the personal attacks are pretty disingenuous.
Sea Speed
AG
Half the article was complaining about dem on dem blame placing and the other half was making excuses for the jidges letting people out. It was basically a partisan excuse piece.

I said it earlier, but people interpreting the law and making these decisions shouldn't be partisan. The law is the law. I know this is basically impossible considering judges are partisan from the top down, but a man can wish.
txags92
AG
What a bunch of bull***** That judge reported hasn't held a felony trial in his courtroom in over a year. I just went down to NRG arena for jury duty for a misdemeanor dwi case a few weeks ago. If we can all show up and put together juries for misdemeanors, he can do the same for felonies. All his excuses are just that...excuses. We are at the point where excuses are no longer good enough and judges need to start taking responsibility for what does or doesn't happen in their courtrooms. This judge made the decision to go against the recommendation of the DA for no bail, and he should be held accountable for that decision.
tylercsbn9
AG
Anyone catch this????

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/pearland-police-arrest-video-deon-ledet-sister/285-b0378222-1008-4e7a-a3a2-5ddb37620daa

Quote:

PEARLAND, Texas The Pearland Police Department said it has launched an administrative review of two officers involved in the arrest of a woman who claimed she was three weeks pregnant. That arrest was caught on camera Wednesday morning.

According to sources, the woman in the video is the sister of Deon Ledet, the man accused of killing Houston police officer Bill Jeffrey and wounding Sgt. Michael Vance when they showed up to his northeast-side apartment to serve an arrest warrant earlier this week. Deon Ledet was killed in the shootout.
Sea Speed
AG
But according to democrats, women can't tell they are pregnant before 6 weeks. Hmm.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Anyone catch this????

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/pearland-police-arrest-video-deon-ledet-sister/285-b0378222-1008-4e7a-a3a2-5ddb37620daa

Quote:

PEARLAND, Texas The Pearland Police Department said it has launched an administrative review of two officers involved in the arrest of a woman who claimed she was three weeks pregnant. That arrest was caught on camera Wednesday morning.

According to sources, the woman in the video is the sister of Deon Ledet, the man accused of killing Houston police officer Bill Jeffrey and wounding Sgt. Michael Vance when they showed up to his northeast-side apartment to serve an arrest warrant earlier this week. Deon Ledet was killed in the shootout.

Michael Berry said earlier this week he spoke with an officer that came upon a woman wailing in the road median about how "he did't do 'nuffin. He cut his ankle monitor and de killed him for it". The officer learned that she was the niece of Ledet. I'm wondering if this is the same person.
BohunkAg
AG
I don't want to get too deep into this, but after the events of the past year we have just gone to flat out glorifying criminals. At some point it has to end.
RebelE91
AG
BohunkAg said:

I don't want to get too deep into this, but after the events of the past year we have just gone to flat out glorifying criminals. At some point it has to end.
Criminals and other marginal people as well. **ck all of them and the homeless. They are nothing but a drain on society and we as a society need to understand that again
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Remember what it was like when Louisiana's best and brightest took up residence here after Katrina? Now try thousands of Haitians.
https://abc13.com/texas-news-politics-haitian-migrants-in-del-rio/11036525/

Quote:

BUSES BRING HAITIAN MIGRANTS TO HOUSTON: 'WE ARE DIFFERENT THAN OTHER PARTS OF THE US'

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- More Haitian migrants from Del Rio, Texas, are spending the night in Houston. They're at a family transfer center where volunteers from a coalition of churches are preparing them for the next part of their journey in America.

The migrants staying there are reportedly families who came to escape violence or persecution. They'll eventually be taken to Bush Intercontinental Airport or the bus station to meet up with their sponsors in other states. As they transition in Houston, they're getting a warm welcome.
FHKChE07
AG
There is no way they knew they were pregnant...
BohunkAg
AG
FHKChE07 said:

There is no way they knew they were pregnant...
FHKChE07
AG
The woman. Unless she was compulsively testing every time she had sex.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Shouldn't have to stop for going 30mph over in a school zone because cops were going to kill her
https://www.khou.com/video/news/johneisha-lewis-talks-to-khou-11-about-her-arrest-in-pearland/285-bcd3e312-4fc0-4d40-9cc4-3b45740663d4?jwsource=cl
Al Bula
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Shouldn't have to stop for going 30mph over in a school zone because cops were going to kill her
https://www.khou.com/video/news/johneisha-lewis-talks-to-khou-11-about-her-arrest-in-pearland/285-bcd3e312-4fc0-4d40-9cc4-3b45740663d4?jwsource=cl
in jail is a happy ending!

Like she knows she is 3 weeks pregnant LOL.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Probably not related that much to this thread but I was driving west on Vermont (turns into San Felipe once you cross from Montrose to River Oaks). Drove past a federal SWAT team right as they were breaching the door and headed in at 1616 Vermont. They were in full gear with rifles at the ready.

I would have at least liked to have seen a road block or something in case there was a shoot out. Don't want to be the random schmuck that catches a stray bullet driving by.

Could tell it was federal because camo colored SWAT vehicle with official US Government plates.
The Wonderer
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Probably not related that much to this thread but I was driving west on Vermont (turns into San Felipe once you cross from Montrose to River Oaks). Drove past a federal SWAT team right as they were breaching the door and headed in at 1616 Vermont. They were in full gear with rifles at the ready.

I would have at least liked to have seen a road block or something in case there was a shoot out. Don't want to be the random schmuck that catches a stray bullet driving by.

Could tell it was federal because camo colored SWAT vehicle with official US Government plates.
Could be part of the training ops going on in Houston and not an actual raid.
Al Bula
AG
Several murders leading on the news tonight. Why do democrats let feral scum get away with this garbage?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
WTF

Man charged with murder in connection with teen's road rage death posts bond, no longer in custody
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/25/gerald-wayne-williams-is-free-david-is-dead-man-charged-with-murder-in-connection-with-teens-road-rage-death-posts-bond-no-longer-in-custody/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.