Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,229 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Mr. Lahey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How the **** are they letting dudes charged with CAPITAL ****ING murder out on bond.

It's sad none of the resident leftists bother to show up on this thread.
Al Bula
AG
Hope all the wine-sodden West U lib harpies and limp wristed Meyerland types are happy they have ushered in the best of Nola and Chi-town to Harris County.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

How the **** are they letting dudes charged with CAPITAL ****ING murder out on bond.

It's sad none of the resident leftists bother to show up on this thread.

Because no one is holding them accountable.
Guitarsoup
AG
. . . said:

Quote:

He was out on bond in connection to a previous Capital Murder.

Shocker…

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/10/06/man-charged-in-connection-with-murder-of-71-year-old-woman-who-was-robbed-run-over-at-east-harris-county-restaurant/

150k Bond.

The "Honorable" Hilary Unger. Elected first in 2018.

He was out on bond for Aggr Assault of a Family Member, 2nd offense, when he was arrested for capital murder.

He has a wrap sheet a mile long, believe it or not.
98Ag99Grad
AG
This city is circling the drain. No leadership; no accountability; thugs who should be locked up out committing more crime, sometimes worse than their first offense. Unbelievable.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Not his first time to hurt an elderly person
Guitarsoup
AG
Nine felonies before capital murder charge #2.

His attorney, Danny Easterling, asked for $50k Bond and judge gave 150k.

State asked for no bond, since it is Capital Murder and you can have no bond.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
lb sand
AG
Needle,
Give it to him.
rilloaggie
AG
https://www.khou.com/article/news/investigations/khou-11-investigates-judge-greg-glass/285-edfd3667-682f-42fe-b6fe-7bd144e3664a

This is the first time I've seen KHOU touch the ****ty judge issue.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Didn't recall seeing this news. Organized crime ring busted, linked to the Grotto shooting.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/houston-organized-crime-ring-victim-family/285-f636f350-ca87-4daa-9d4f-0df0799c587f
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

"This is something that we're seeing with many district court judges, not just Judge Greg Glass," KHOU 11 legal analyst Carmen Roe said. "And make no mistake, this is something we've never seen in Harris County before. So it's never been this way, and it's never been this bad."

Roe said the pattern and practice ramped up after the 2018 election sweep by Democrat judges. When it comes to the revolving door of felony bonds, she said the elephant in the courtroom is politics.

Hmmm
Ciboag96
Dem judges, dey be spendin dat Gurge Surras monay!

Coog97
98Ag99Grad said:

This city is circling the drain. No leadership; no accountability; thugs who should be locked up out committing more crime, sometimes worse than their first offense. Unbelievable.

You know, Turner was very nearly elected mayor in the early 90s, until Dolcefino put a bullet in his campaign by exposing Turner for what he is… a bad, bad guy involved in some bad, bad stuff. Media doesn't seem to be in that business anymore… if you have a "D" behind your name.
92Ag95
AG
Give me your address just in case we make it past Christmas and we're still at 499.
Al Bula
AG
Guitarsoup said:

yeah, lying dim judge blamed the Texas constitution on her having to grant him bail. She said the law made her do it.

Liberal scum.
rilloaggie
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Guitarsoup said:

yeah, lying dim judge blamed the Texas constitution on her having to grant him bail. She said the law made her do it.

Liberal scum.

I love when democrats play strict constitutional originalists and act like laws are important to be followed!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
how many we up to?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The judge obviously had no discretion in deciding to grant him bail and the amount she set it at. Poor girl.
htxag09
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

how many we up to?

We should keep count of people murdered and people murdered by judges granting violent asshats bail
Sea Speed
AG
Ole boy from crimestoppers definitely has these numbers. I always forget his name.
Guitarsoup
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Guitarsoup said:

Liberal scum.

Only bail is not required for capital crimes
Carmine Scarpacio
The district civil courts are just as bad. You have to not be white or a male to win now. Even if your're a democrat. So Texas Southern is now the main feeder law school for our courts. Elected a bunch of people due to their race and gender who have neither the education, smarts or experience for the position. Once my kids finish school, I am out. I'll practice in the hill country where there is still some common sense.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Carmine Scarpacio said:

The district civil courts are just as bad. You have to not be white or a male to win now. Even if your're a democrat.
I don't play much in state court because of my practice but in the last year or so I've had to spend some time in Harris County. I really feel for the trial bar at this point. The lack of quality on the bench means that trial practice in Harris county is going to devolve into little more than plaintiff PI cases, car wrecks, etc. -- much more like what you see in the valley.

I've heard of the litigators at my firm moving sophisticated matters away from Harris County whenever possible.

It's gotten to the point where even the local democrats are starting to take notice.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Sea Speed said:

Ole boy from crimestoppers definitely has these numbers. I always forget his name.
Andy Kahan.
AlaskanAg99
AG
https://twitter.com/akahancrimesto1
Sea Speed
AG
Thank you. I always want to call him Jeff and I know it isn't correct.
The Wonderer
AG
Sea Speed said:

You thinking of Jeff Linder, the meteorologist for Harris Co Flood Control District?
Guitarsoup
AG
The Wonderer said:

Sea Speed said:

You thinking of Jeff Linder, the meteorologist for Harris Co Flood Control District?
Is that the ****er that keeps flooding Kingwood?
The Wonderer
AG
Guitarsoup said:

The Wonderer said:

Sea Speed said:

Is that the ****er that keeps flooding Kingwood?
I'm guessing that would be Ronnie Anderson of the SJRA.
Sea Speed
AG
The Wonderer said:

Sea Speed said:

Nah for some reason I want to call Andy Jeff. It's happened several times in pretty sure I've done it in this thread at least twice already.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

2 women found dead from gunshot wounds behind business in southwest Houston, police say
BMX Bandit
whats the count up to?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The story isn't that [DeSantis] "couldn't win" the primary. The story is that an overwhelming majority of our population is heinously stupid. 50% of them vote for communists. 75% of the remaining 50% vote for Trump, who cant win. When the majority of the opposition party insists on voting for an opposition candidate who can't win, you get exactly the government you deserve. - Well Endowed Ag
htxag09
AG
Get vaccine, have record expunged

Surprised Houston hasn't had one of these, yet. Murder someone? Get a vaccine and we'll lower your bond 50% and delay your trial one year!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.