Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,224 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The DA Office has to start the process to forfeit the bond when a defendant no-shows. Then the judge has to agree and actually forfeit the bond. If a bondsman has a bond forfeited and does not pay it off, that bondsman can no longer write bonds until that judgment is satisfied.
So in Harris County there are 2 big hurdles-
Kim Ogg and Black Magic.
MAROON
AG
I wonder how much the bail bond industry has contributed to Ogg and Black Magic?
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
maroon barchetta
Can this go under self-defense or castle doctrine and not be lumped into 2022 murder totals?

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-man-shot-and-killed-meadow-glen-apartment-shooting-during-attempted-robbery/11492592/
AlaskanAg99
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/01/21/city-councilman-files-grievance-for-156-victims-killed-by-violent-offenders-out-on-free-or-low-bond/

HOUSTON City Councilman Michael Kubosh will announce his filing of a Judicial Bar Grievance for 156 victims that he say were killed because of Harris County district judges not protecting the public by setting a low or free bond on violent defendants.

Kubosh stated that state law requires a judge to consider the safety of the public when setting a bond. He said these judges have failed the families of the victims.

Need to keep this up front in the public and name the judge's names that keep releasing people on these types of bail.
Al Bula
AG
TarponChaser said:

Sea Speed said:

Thats houston proper, correct? I wonder what the Harris County total and the greater Houston area total is. Doubt the latter adds too many to thou count but the former probably does.

Not Houston proper but (and follow me here) the cousin of a friend's friend was killed outside the damn Chuck E. Cheese on 1960 & 59 on NYE. Evidently, he was intentionally run over and then somebody got out of the car and pumped a few rounds into him before hightailing it out of there.

Moral of the story- stay away from Chuck E. Cheese.
Chuck E. Cheese murderer caught.

This is probably his Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/antoine.badon

Nothing of interest here but he does have a trash ass saints reference so you can thank Katrina for relocating this feral oxygen thief to Houston. His HCDC record shows he is a native of LA.

A few days after the murder at CEC, he shot up some folks at a gas station. A few more days go by and he assaults a family member.
Mr. Lahey
AG
I'm sure he'll be back on the friendly streets of our fair city by this afternoon!
Anything else would just be racist

Also just saw this. Harris county constable pct 5 fto was gunned down over night.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/harris-county-pct-5-deputy-killed-during-traffic-stop/285-f7d0014b-58a5-41f4-873c-ea826d7a83d4
rilloaggie
AG
Edit: Lahey beat me to it.

AustinCountyAg
All these murders is a direct result of not fearing the consequences. It's sickening.

These *******s need to be stripped naked and hung on the town square after brutally torturing them first. Guarantee crime rates would go down.

Any takers on when they catch this loser that he a career criminal who's out on parole or probation????
maroon barchetta
AustinCountyAg said:

All these murders is a direct result of not fearing the consequences. It's sickening.

These *******s need to be stripped naked and hung on the town square after brutally torturing them first. Guarantee crime rates would go down.

Any takers on when they catch this loser that he a career criminal who's out on parole or probation????

Should probably stream it directly to all phones like an Amber Alert so people get the message, amiright?
Al Bula
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

All these murders is a direct result of not fearing the consequences
that and:
- being reared in a "culture" which does not value the nuclear family
- will NOT police their own community
- have generally lower IQ scores
- cannot perceive the concept of delayed gratification
- no respect for time
SnowboardAg
AG
The entire process is broken - pick your party or the branch of government. We are a declining country.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
SnowboardAg said:

The entire process is broken - pick your party or the branch of government. We are a declining country.
I'd say this issue is pretty easily traced to recent democrat officeholders in the DA's office and criminal courts.
YellAg2004
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

I'm sure he'll be back on the friendly streets of our fair city by this afternoon!
Anything else would just be racist

Also just saw this. Harris county constable pct 5 fto was gunned down over night.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/harris-county-pct-5-deputy-killed-during-traffic-stop/285-f7d0014b-58a5-41f4-873c-ea826d7a83d4
This one hits closer to home. He was our neighborhood constable patrol for several years before moving to his current position.
SW AG80
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

SnowboardAg said:

I'd say this issue is pretty easily traced to recent democrat officeholders in the DA's office and criminal courts.
The entire process is NOT broken. It certainly is in Harris County, and in most large cities around the country, but in rural Texas things are working as they should. If it wasn't for rural Texas we would have a Democrat as Gov., Lt. Gov. and probably AG.

In 1996, when I ran for DA against the incumbent, I promised to send more people to prison. And the voting public responded very well to that. In west Texas the prosecutor has to prove the person is guilty as jurors do not take that lightly. And that is the way it should be. But once a person is found guilty he/she better bend over because the consequences are severe. Several of the juries' decisions on punishment surprised even me.

Obviously I am a big proponent of west Texas and small town living in general. That life is good. It is hard not to be held accountable when I would see the victims of crime and just concerned citizens at the grocery store, at church or the Friday night football game. Lack of accountability being the biggest problem we have in this world, especially in the criminal justice system.
SnowboardAg
AG
That's my point - our judicial system is broken and it doesn't matter political affiliation - neither party will ever fix it. It's very simple - eye for an eye. If someone kills someone, they should also be killed. We have over complicated and made every excuse of why criminals are the victim. Then, let's make an appeal process that takes 20 years for an execution (if one at all). Beyond repair…
MarathonAg12

Lina is on the case
maroon barchetta
MarathonAg12 said:

Lina is on the case

We? She is part of the problem. Maybe the perp is one of the criminals she let out of jail at the beginning of the pandemic so they would not get COVID while in jail.
SW AG80
AG
Nothing is as simple as you try to make it. If someone is breaking into my house and I kill him to protect myself and my wife, I have killed someone. I don't believe I should be indicted, much less executed. There are homicides, and then there are murders. Juries and judges and prosecutors need discretion to handle each case differently. So our system is good but the people being elected to make these decisions, in many locals, have no business being in these important positions.

The electorate in large cities is a HUGE problem but not the only problem. I served 12 years as DA and did not run again in 2008. I absolutely loved my job but the pay and retirement were so bad that I had to get out for the future of myself and my family. And now, for incoming DAs, the Texas legislature has done away with state retirement for DAs. It is now similar to a 401K that they can take with them when they leave office. While, at the same time, they improved the pay and thus the retirement for District Judges. So now we have fewer good people wanting to run for DA because of financial reasons and more lawyers who cannot make a living practicing law who run for District Judge, again for financial reasons. And in the city these people get elected because they are Black Magic in Houston, a Latina in San Antonio, etc.

In short, the justice system is good (not perfect by any stretch) but people are the problem. For too long people have not paid enough attention to these down ballot races. District Judges and District Attorneys affect the public's daily lives more than a President or US Senator. People like the ones on TexAgs need to heed this get friends and family out to cast an educated vote in these important races.

And to show you my mentality, I attended an execution about 6 years ago. A DA friend of mine said it would bother and change me. It bothered me that he died too peacefully. Hanging or firing squad in a public square is more appropriate. But those things are long gone in our society.

Edit:: This is in reply to SnowboardAg.
SnowboardAg
AG
I appreciate your response and your service! I agree with you on the difference between a homicide and a murder, and protecting your residence / family (ie not being criminally liable / prosecuted for that). I would be fine with my kid attending an execution and telling them, don't kill someone or this will be you. I know a family who had a family member that was murdered. Life will NEVER be normal for this family again. The suspect (if convicted) should be executed like they have executed. Whether they intended to just harm the victim (but not kill them), or not, that is irrelevant - their actions caused a death and their actions should result in their death. It is simple in that manner.
Sea Speed
AG
Thanks for coming on this thread. Are you practicing in houston now? If not I'm curious how you stumbled upon this thread.

I think the pendulum is going to keep swinging towards crime and cultural rot and as it continues to bleed in to the bubbles that are not willing to tolerate the have nots affecting their daily lives the pendulum will swing the other way. Like you said, this has been a long time in the making so it isn't going to be a quick swing. Unfortunately the party of black girl magic and bail reform etc have a playbook and have zero problem doing whatever is necessary to make those plays, whereas those of us who simply want to work hard and support our families and enjoy the fruits of our labor tend to keep to ourselves, hoping to just avoid the craziness, which not only allows the craziness of left to go unchecked, it makes them think they are correct. Add to the fact that progressivism is literally their religion, it makes fighting them a huge undertaking and beating with there potentially being real world consequences for simply opposing their ideology.
SW AG80
AG
I have never lived in Houston. I found this thread for 2 reasons: 1. my son, DIL and grandkids live in Katy.
2. I am now retired but in retirement I have been hired by the guy who has the contract with DPS to train all of
their personnel, from new troopers up to Texas Rangers. I instruct with 2 long time Harris County prosecutors
who are also retired. So to know what the heck they were talking about I had to read up on Black Magic.
And TexAgs is my google!

I start a 2 day stint instructing DPS troopers tomorrow at their training facility in Florence. I am always interested in where they are stationed and where they grew up. I always assure the troopers out in west Texas and the Panhandle that they have the best working conditions in the state. If, during a stop, a pickup drives by, that driver will frequently stop and holler at the trooper that he would be there just long enough to see that the trooper is OK during this contact. Of course, that rancher/farmer still has a gun rack in his pickup with a pistol under the seat.

I live in San Antonio now. Happy wife, happy life. My wife, who I met at A&M, is from SA. Hopefully we will move to Aggieland one day.
TarponChaser
Not Houston but still Harris County- did y'all see the thing last week out in Crosby where 3 teens were killed in what appears to be a double murder-suicide situation?

Evidently a 15-year old boy shot his 17-year old sister and her 17-year old friend. Just insane and tragic. Also, I find it odd that it notes the kids lived in Crosby but weren't enrolled in Crosby ISD.

https://abc13.com/3-teens-dead-in-crosby-home-who-were-the-killed-texas-double-murder-suicide-harris-county-sherriffs-office/11491648/
maroon barchetta
Homeschool kids??
jrrhouston98
AG
I've got a guy on my job that knew of these folks. Kids were trouble, didn't go to school. Secondhand info, but it's what I've got.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

SnowboardAg said:

The entire process is NOT broken. It certainly is in Harris County, and in most large cities around the country, but in rural Texas things are working as they should. If it wasn't for rural Texas we would have a Democrat as Gov., Lt. Gov. and probably AG.

In 1996, when I ran for DA against the incumbent, I promised to send more people to prison. And the voting public responded very well to that. In west Texas the prosecutor has to prove the person is guilty as jurors do not take that lightly. And that is the way it should be. But once a person is found guilty he/she better bend over because the consequences are severe. Several of the juries' decisions on punishment surprised even me.

Obviously I am a big proponent of west Texas and small town living in general. That life is good. It is hard not to be held accountable when I would see the victims of crime and just concerned citizens at the grocery store, at church or the Friday night football game. Lack of accountability being the biggest problem we have in this world, especially in the criminal justice system.
Mind me asking where you served as a DA in west Texas?
W
AG
the carnage continues unabated
. . .
Sea Speed
AG
That dudes face looks like a bag of smashed *******s
Diggity
AG
looks like an extra from Scarface
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
. . . said:

Mexico.

Where do I go to get my $60k?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Chan 2 said they charged his wife with tampering. Released on a $850 bond. Yep, $850.
MarathonAg12

. . . said:

Mexico.

Stop by Judge Hidalgo's office if you have solid information. (Please bring a mask)
themissinglink
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

. . . said:

Mexico.

Stop by Judge Hidalgo's office if you have solid information. (Please bring a mask)
She's probably starting a GoFundMe to help pay his legal bills.

Doing a quick search of the Harris County District Court's website, he's a citizen of Honduras that has been detained twice by ICE (1999 and 2014). He's been picked up twice in the past decade for prostitution (2021 and 2014) and burglary, theft, and unlawful carry in the late 90s.
MarathonAg12
themissinglink said:

MarathonAg12 said:

. . . said:

Mexico.

Doing a quick search of the Harris County District Court's website, he's a citizen of Honduras that has been detained twice by ICE (1999 and 2014). He's been picked up twice in the past decade for prostitution (2021 and 2014) and burglary, theft, and unlawful carry in the late 90s.

How the **** is he still in the US?
AustinCountyAg
MarathonAg12 said:

themissinglink said:

MarathonAg12 said:

. . . said:

Mexico.

How the **** is he still in the US?

Because our justice system is ****

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.