Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

116,465 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seriously...this isn't going to stop until people stand up and make it stop.

I honestly don't know why we keep acting surprised at this point.
SW AG80
AG
With that criminal history his bond should have been higher.

Cities in Texas have problems that cannot be easily solved. A large number of the voters don't look at qualifications and experience. They look at gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. This is why we have so many idiots on the bench.
txags92
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

https://abc13.com/who-is-astros-road-rage-suspect-gerald-williams-arrest-david-castro-paul/10934813/

Road rage shooter with multiple felonies who killed the 17-yr-old in his dad's truck gets bond. Unreal.
If the parents, friends, and relatives of the victims just started meeting them outside the jail when they got released, the judges might start keeping in custody for their own safety. Might be what it takes to get this practice stopped.
schmellba99
AG
txags92 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

https://abc13.com/who-is-astros-road-rage-suspect-gerald-williams-arrest-david-castro-paul/10934813/

Road rage shooter with multiple felonies who killed the 17-yr-old in his dad's truck gets bond. Unreal.
If the parents, friends, and relatives of the victims just started meeting them outside the jail when they got released, the judges might start keeping in custody for their own safety. Might be what it takes to get this practice stopped.
Shoot, knowing these judges and DA's - the parents/friends/whatever would be arrested on the spot and tossed in the clink with NO bail option while the actual killer walked free.
Sea Speed
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

What the fuuuuuuug. This city's leadership is absolute trash.
Mr. Lahey
AG
why does that article not have the name of the judge? the "free" press protecting these piece of **** judges now?
SidsBurnerAccount
Just saw a report of a murder in Spring Branch tonight
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
OEag11 said:

why does that article not have the name of the judge? the "free" press protecting these piece of **** judges now?

Honestly, I think that's just a level of detail that most general assignment reporters don't bother with. Even in the good old days, Republican judges could barely get their names in the news even if they wanted. I remember one acquaintance complaining that the cameras always zoomed in on the attorneys and wouldn't even catch the nameplate on his bench when they came to cover a high profile case. A lot of people probably just think it's like "Law & Order" on tv where "the court finds," without seeing the extent of the role the individual judges play.
RebelE91
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

With that criminal history his bond should have been higher.

Cities in Texas have problems that cannot be easily solved. A large number of the voters don't look at qualifications and experience. They look at gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. This is why we have so many idiots on the bench.
I no longer think these problems will be solved in my lifetime. And probably not my kids' lifetime. I now think the increased lawlessness is the beginning of a new normal for urban areas. Or at least for the next two or three decades. Between the "rebuilding of the criminal justice ecosystem", the denunciation of police, and large communities that care more about skin color over the security of their communities and the education of their children, the nucleus for solving these problems aren't there. Elected politicians and community leaders will come and go, but the communities that vote for them will still be there.
SW AG80
AG
I think you are right. I instruct LE around the state. I tell the ones in the cities that if they want support move to small city/rural Texas. In these areas not only will citizens pull over and make sure the officer is safe during traffic stops, they will kick the hell out of people when on a jury.
aggiemike02
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

I think you are right. I instruct LE around the state. I tell the ones in the cities that if they want support move to small city/rural Texas. In these areas not only will citizens pull over and make sure the officer is safe during traffic stops, they will kick the hell out of people when on a jury.
those of us in cities that do care would appreciate you reconsidering your approach...
CheeseSndwch
Marvin_Zindler said:

Is he wearing an in memoriam t-shirt while surrendering himself for murder?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I can't blame him. Would you want to be an LEO in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, etc? You're just one opioid addled traffic stop away from being crucified by your own superiors.
SW AG80
AG
One change that would make everything better is strong, conservative District Attorneys. Argue against low bonds and make sure the press knows that the prosecutor did all the prosecutor could to get a high bond. That at least makes the judge look bad. So maybe the judge will draw an opponent.

Right now in all of our major cities--with San Antonio being somewhat of an exception--LE is more likely to get indicted than a street criminal. In 2 cities, Dallas and Austin, the DA has made it known to LE, especially DPS, that the DA office looks forward to prosecuting LE officers. Morale among LE in small city/rural Texas is still pretty good. In the cities it is awful. One exception is Fort Worth. Everything is still pretty good there.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Dear sweet baby Jeebus,

When I die, please don't let anyone make a t shirt about it. Thank you, MBL.
Sea Speed
AG
I just want a nice bench erected somewhere.
Ag_07
AG
Guys don't worry...Lina has this covered.

Quote:

Judge Lina Hidalgo, Commissioner Rodney Ellis, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner and other public safety and health officials are scheduled to introduce two programs to reduce crime and improve community safety.

The news conference at 2 p.m. will launch the Holistic Alternative Responder Team (HART) and Gun Violence Interruption Programs.
Sea Speed
AG
Holy ***** That first one. Those counselors are NOT gonna have a good time.
SW AG80
AG
How about putting people in prison.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Is there a site or source that tracks the total number of violent felonies committed by people out on bond in Houston? Want to show the numbers to some friends
Sea Speed
AG
A guy at crimestoppers keeps track of a lot ofbit, particularly murders. Jeff or Adam something I always forget. His Twitter is on this thread a couple pages back.
TulaneAg
GarlandAg2012 said:

Is there a site or source that tracks the total number of violent felonies committed by people out on bond in Houston? Want to show the numbers to some friends
One of the links on a previous page is for a guy who is tracking murders by people out on bail/bond in Houston but I don't think he's accounting for the larger scope that you're looking for.
cypress-ag
AG
Saw this in our home association news letter this morning. Ogg will be at this restaurant for a Dem meeting of local Democrats in the Cypress Tomball area. Would love to show for this one and ask some pointed question about her Soros policies
Al Bula
AG
Good lord. "Victims rights" is Orwellian doublespeak for government-assisted criminal enablement.

In 2021 even Dims know how ludicrous it sounds to actually pay reparations in the form of cash to a lazy, entitled crime-prone slice of the populace. Instead they offer a helping hand when crimes are committed.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Victims' Rights - Fail
Public Safety - Mega Fail
Evidence Based Prosecution - Fail
Justice - Fail
kubiak03
AG
That is ultimately what it will take. Need to press the facts in person to these marxists in front of all their ignorant lap dogs.

Make them uncomfortable and actually have to answer on the fly. They don't feel any heat in their government bubbles.
Ag_07
AG
On what planet does letting violent criminals walk on bonds and as result endangering the public count as focusing on public safety?

This bltch has some balls!! Literally and figuratively
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Then do it. These people won't stop until enough people stand in their way.
schmellba99
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Victims' Rights - Fail
Public Safety - Mega Fail
Evidence Based Prosecution - Fail
Justice - Fail

Sad thing is that what they see as the "victim" is the fuggin perp. So in their mind, they are advocating for "victim's" rights.
AlaskanAg99
AG
https://www.harriscountytx.gov/Government/Court-Agenda/Court-Videos

Ramsey recognized the victim of a multiple felon, his mother is now speaking and going after the judge who let the multiple felon who was released repeatedly. Now his wife is in tears speaking.

The victim's survivors need to be given time to speak out against activist judges who release repeat felons who go on to...commit more crime.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
From today's Commissioner's Court:

https://harriscountytx.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=5080695&GUID=6D4E0C52-831F-4EEF-B992-FA024FDCAA7E

Request by the Commissioner of Precinct 3 for discussion regarding the court backlog and contributing factors including data management, judicial dashboards, clearance rates, transparency from the courts, and reports from the three Criminal Court Judges, Judge Chuck Silverman, Judge Greg Glass, and Judge Ramona Franklin, who did not hold a trial from April 2020 through June 2021.
aTm '99
Gator92
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

https://crime-stoppers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Bond-Reform-Victims-Report-as-of-1-2021.pdf

Report was done in January.

You can follow "Breaking Bond" series from Fox 26 Houston below...

https://www.fox26houston.com/tag/series/breaking-bond
wessimo
AG
Dude shot and killed while driving on I-10, kids manage to steer car to a stop:

https://abc13.com/amp/dad-shot-to-death-east-freeway-shooting-road-rage-houston/10965771/

Two people shot at Grotto (apparently non-fatally):
https://abc13.com/amp/grotto-restaurant-shooting-suspects-on-the-run-westheimer-galleria-area/10966600/
Sea Speed
AG
Isn't that the 3rd road rage shooting this year?
wessimo
AG
I feel like we've got to be in the double digits...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.