Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

116,462 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

that's a crazy situation with the ambulance hijacking. HFD needs to take a look at their protocols going forward.

the EMT in the back and the patient were abandoned and left at the mercy of the gunman
maybe we should pass a law to keep people from jacking ambulances.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
BBRex said:

Trying to pump those numbers up.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/4-people-shot-in-drive-by-shooting-at-harris-co-bar
Strange place for a drive-by. You think someone was with some biker's old lady, or just some punks taking random target practice?
LRHF
AG
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/man-shot-in-the-head-after-four-vehicle-crash-on-i-45-in-north-houston

Seriously, WTF is happening down there ?
Anti-taxxer
AG
Gee. I wonder what's causing all the violence.

"Mass shootings" are up 65%.

HMMMMM???

https://abc13.com/mass-shootings-in-texas-houston-shooting-deaths-violent-crime/10906137/
Stat Monitor Repairman
We still defunding the pOlice or nah?
Sea Speed
AG
Jfc st Louis worse off than us. The prosecutors aren't even showing up to court allowing murder charges to being dismissed.

https://policetribune.com/judge-dismisses-murder-charges-after-st-louis-circuit-attorney-repeatedly-fails-to-show-up-to-court/

"A repeat felon accused of murder was allowed to walk free over the weekend after St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's office failed to show up to court for multiple hearings on the case."
T Durden
AG
Sly needs to re up on telling these guys to chill. I mean we ARE back to code orange...
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sea Speed said:

Jfc st Louis worse off than us. The prosecutors aren't even showing up to court allowing murder charges to being dismissed.

https://policetribune.com/judge-dismisses-murder-charges-after-st-louis-circuit-attorney-repeatedly-fails-to-show-up-to-court/

"A repeat felon accused of murder was allowed to walk free over the weekend after St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's office failed to show up to court for multiple hearings on the case."

I would go after her personally.

**** this bull*****
scd88
AG
When was the last time a Black led community prospered? By that I mean growing economy and a level, not even lowering, crime rate. Hell, not even limiting this to the US.

It's not racist to ask that. It's racist to offer preferential treatment in the eyes of the law because one is black, though.

It's not racist to ask why black on black crime is so damn high. It is racist behavior to ignore it completely like it's not a thing.

I grew up in Houston and was always proud of the people and leadership. It was diverse and worked together. It was the most laid back large city in the country.

Now there is agenda to support all things Black no matter the consequences or behavior. That is coming from white and Hispanic leaders, too. It is a political thing. And it is destroying the city.

I am not white, either. I am of Indian descent, born and raised in Houston to parents who legally immigrated to the city in 1964.
htxag09
AG
Not sure if Instagram videos will post here.

https://instagr.am/p/CRt1MbfBoGc
Stat Monitor Repairman
Dude should've closed his gate.
Sea Speed
AG
Would that have stopped him? Bullets are going through that. Wouldn't take much to get over thst gate either. Probably also easy to pull/push open and get through when closed.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
How you gonna run up on the guy without one in the chamber?
TulaneAg
No reason to blame the dude here.

If the dude needs to do anything, he should hunt this guy down and field dress him on the judges doorstep that released him in his latest bond.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Probably not.

But if gate was closed, Omar probably moves on to an easier target.
Ragoo
AG
Holy crap I almost pooped my pants just watching that.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Holy **** that POS thug was very careless with that gun. Not saying most people would attempt it, but would be very easy to take it from him and shoot his b*tch ass with it.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
scd88 said:

When was the last time a Black led community prospered? By that I mean growing economy and a level, not even lowering, crime rate. Hell, not even limiting this to the US.

It's not racist to ask that. It's racist to offer preferential treatment in the eyes of the law because one is black, though.

It's not racist to ask why black on black crime is so damn high. It is racist behavior to ignore it completely like it's not a thing.

I grew up in Houston and was always proud of the people and leadership. It was diverse and worked together. It was the most laid back large city in the country.

Now there is agenda to support all things Black no matter the consequences or behavior. That is coming from white and Hispanic leaders, too. It is a political thing. And it is destroying the city.

I am not white, either. I am of Indian descent, born and raised in Houston to parents who legally immigrated to the city in 1964.

What are you talking about? There are many thriving and prosperous black neighborhoods and countries. Ever heard of uhhh Wakanda???
wessimo
AG
+3

https://abc13.com/amp/houston-shooting-harris-county-soccer-park-almeyda-complex/10908796/
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
At least that pos solved the case himself when he got home.

Harris County Democrat judges are probably disappointed he offed himself before they could set him free on a Personal Recognizance bond.
JD Shellnut
AG
Don't forget zamunda!!!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
And Pearland.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
2 charged with capital murder after man, woman found shot to death inside Spring apartments

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/29/2-charged-with-capital-murder-after-man-woman-found-shot-to-death-inside-spring-apartments/
htxag09
AG
Double shooting in Katy tonight.
aggietony2010
AG
htxag09 said:

Double shooting in Katy tonight.

At least 1 dead from what I'm hearing. Husband shot wife, then kid, now barricaded in his home. It's all of a half mile from my house.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Mfers been cooped up.

Now folks runnin wild.
CW Griswold
Crime stats for June are out. For the period Jan-June there were 228 non-negligent homicides. That gives us a projected end of year total of about 460 murders.

Congrats to the thugs on cheeelling a little in the month of June. Maybe it was the rain?
Ronnie
AG
Truly remarkable we are approaching 500 still.

Does anyone know if historically we see more or less murders at a certain time of year? Is there a murder season?
Sea Speed
AG
The hotter it gets in Chicago, the more murdery it gets. While it doesn't get thst cold here, i wouldn't be surprised to have the same general pattern.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Guy who shot the kid after the Astros game has been charged. Was released from prison last October.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Guy who shot the kid after the Astros game has been charged. Was released from prison last October.
They must have the wrong guy. I have it on good authority that the man was completely rehabilitated and barred from owning a firearm after being recently released from prison (13 years for dollar store agg robbery spree), so there's no way he was the shooter.

SW AG80
AG
In case you did not know, our parole system is broken and dysfunctional. And thanks to Houston's own state senator, John Whitmire for helping to achieve their level of incompetence.
Onceaggie2.0
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

They must have the wrong guy. I have it on good authority that the man was completely rehabilitated and barred from owning a firearm after being recently released from prison, so there's no way he was the shooter.

Have they checked Kamp and Prospect park ?
Whoop Delecto
AG
Marvin_Zindler
AG
https://abc13.com/who-is-astros-road-rage-suspect-gerald-williams-arrest-david-castro-paul/10934813/

Road rage shooter with multiple felonies who killed the 17-yr-old in his dad's truck gets bond. Unreal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.