Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,383 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every felon released on bond should be dropped off in rice military or river oaks.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
oh i understand completely. it's why i specifically said alternative solutions.
03_Aggie
TXAG 05 said:

Just saw an update that the kid is actually still alive, but in life support. Somehow HPD messed that up.

If i had to guess they were told he's currently on life support but isn't expected to make it.
txags92
AG
Houston is just going to end up like Detroit. Anybody who has enough money to move, but not enough money to pay for private security is going to leave and go to the incorporated suburbs beyond the reach of Houston annexation. The remaining police will prioritize protecting the rich areas where the political donor class lives. Property values in all but those few areas will drop as the crime continues to increase. Eventually the taxes collected won't cover the cost and city services will get cut, roads will get worse, etc. Finally the state will step in and take over governance when the city reaches the point where they can't fulfill their pension obligations.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Ciboag96 said:

ruddyduck said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

**** you, Sly, Dora, and Fat-a$$ Ogg

austin, dallas and san antonio aren't much better.

makes wonder how long, if at all, it's going to take some good citizens to band together and find some alternative solutions to these filthy da's and politicians.

All of their voters are dumber than mud. Don't hold your breath.
A few of those mouth-breathers post on this board from time-to-time.....but are too cowardly to show their faces here.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Great times are coming for people who invested in small communities out in the sticks.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Ciboag96 said:

ruddyduck said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

**** you, Sly, Dora, and Fat-a$$ Ogg

austin, dallas and san antonio aren't much better.

makes wonder how long, if at all, it's going to take some good citizens to band together and find some alternative solutions to these filthy da's and politicians.

All of their voters are dumber than mud. Don't hold your breath.
A few of those mouth-breathers post on this board from time-to-time.....but are too cowardly to show their faces here.

go find any trump thread on the politics board and you can find them gleefully masturbating all over each other.
themissinglink
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Can't say what i really want to on here about the scum liberals who elect the vile trash that contribute directly to this. But blood is on their evil hands.

Quote:

HPD: Man out on 7 felony bonds kills mother of his child, shoots baby she was holding

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/westpark-woman-killed-baby-injured-westpark/285-6f393ebc-d71f-41db-bb24-578bd2be3d62
This won't surprise anyone, but the judge who let this guy out on bond...

https://twitter.com/nataliacorneli4?lang=en
Quote:

Judge of 351st District Court in Harris County, Texas. Criminal Justice Reformer. Mujer Feminista.
https://www.nataliacornelio.com/
Quote:

Reduce reliance on incarceration
Incarceration is not the only solution.

When appropriate, we need to expand the use of sentencing alternatives to address the underlying causes of criminal behavior and reduce the economic and social costs of incarceration.

Implement pretrial justice
Economic circumstances shouldn't determine freedom before a trial.

We must stop detaining people before trial simply because they cannot afford to pay.
This is exactly what she ran on...
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
sooooooooo what " sentencing alternatives to address the underlying causes of criminal behavior" are they using instead of incarceration? doesn't seem to be working.
TulaneAg
The kid who was shot leaving the Stros game has passed. He was just confirmed in the Catholic church three weeks ago with my daughter. Too sad to even comprehend.

I hope the dad can find some peace with his part in the incident...I know if that was me I'd be struggling mightily.
Sea Speed
AG
Do you know what happened?
CW Griswold
This article is a month old, but good job Houston. You're really doing a bang up job.

Quote:

The total number of homicides is also higher in Houston than in Los Angeles, a city with nearly twice the population. It's also higher than New York City, a city of more than eight million people.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/06/09/houston-police-detectives-working-199th-homicide-this-year/
Al Bula
AG
A vote for Libs is a vote for murder.
wessimo
AG
Sea Speed said:

Do you know what happened?

I'm guessing it is this one:
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/08/he-was-my-son-and-buddy-father-of-teen-who-was-killed-while-leaving-astros-game-recalls-tragic-moments-leading-up-to-suspected-road-rage/

Very sad. Good reminder to try to avoid / deescalate road rage situations. You never know when you'll get shot at.
The Wonderer
AG
3 shot 2 dead at the Wheel of Feel downtown.
Ag_07
AG
Jeez...We're racking up doubles before sundown.

Can't Sly just ask the bad guys to just chill out for a while?
Sea Speed
AG
Tilman isn't going to like the murders messing with his business. Maybe he'll put some heat on these trash bags in charge.

Aaahhhhh who am I kidding.
W
AG
good grief, this is ridiculous.

2 or 3 homicides every night
CW Griswold
I'm starting to think 500 may be too low of a goal. Way too low.
Serotonin
AG
Anyone have a map of where homicides are happening?

Regardless I'm hoping you'll have pushback amongst minority communities like you did in NYC, where they supported the pro-police former cop running for mayor.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/04/nyc-mayor-race-shows-its-well-off-whites-who-back-far-left/
Anti-taxxer
AG
Sea Speed said:

I was wrong it wasn't Jeff, it was Andy kahan. He has a ton of info and outrage on his Twitter. He has a ton about bond reform. I think he is the one beating the drum the loudest.

https://twitter.com/akahancrimesto1

He's the leader of a victims' rights group, I believe.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Serotonin said:

Anyone have a map of where homicides are happening?

Regardless I'm hoping you'll have pushback amongst minority communities like you did in NYC, where they supported the pro-police former cop running for mayor.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/04/nyc-mayor-race-shows-its-well-off-whites-who-back-far-left/
I was interested in that too, so I googled it and found this link

https://communitycrimemap.com/

these are strictly homicides but you can sort by any crime.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
here's a good one

2021 burglary and robbery

Sea Speed
AG
I zoomed so the scale was better.

Serotonin
AG
Thanks, that is a great map.

Just like NYC was at the forefront of the broken window policing in the 80s, I'm hoping the election of Eric Adams is a good bellweather sign for other cities, and minority communities will push back against the white liberals who are running the Democratic parties and bringing about absolutely insane policy.

Edit: I'm also hopeful that hispanic-majority cities (which Houston will be) won't go for the woke BS.
Ag_07
AG
Serotonin said:

I'm also hopeful that hispanic-majority cities (which Houston will be) won't go for the woke BS.

This is wishful thinking.

We may be a Hispanic majority city but most of those Hispanics don't have papers and don't vote.
SockDePot
Started with influx from Katrina, I'm sure there's statistics to back that up, and probably already posted.

Straw that broke the camels back was straight ticket Beto voters, also probably already posted.

I used to make fun of people for not watching the news, but even our kids now are asking why so many people are shooting each other. We no longer watch the local news.

Can't even go to the Ferris wheel for a good finger blasting anymore.

Even though fortunate enough to live in the Villages with own police force, still have to go out into the Wild West tine. Actually starting to consider moving out.

Maybe Tomball or something.

If someone wants to pay +/- $350 sf for a house, let me know.

What will be interesting is how the partial or full time work from home programs will affect residency / commercial real estate in CBD's. Is this the beginning of Houston turning into Detroit?
Serotonin
AG
Ag_07 said:

Serotonin said:

I'm also hopeful that hispanic-majority cities (which Houston will be) won't go for the woke BS.

This is wishful thinking.

We may be a Hispanic majority city but most of those Hispanics don't have papers and don't vote.
I agree with you right now, but it seems inevitable to me that eventually they will dominate the political landscape in the city. I haven't been able to find a good demographic breakdown on voters in Harris County though.
Boo Weekley
Ocean Of Funk said:

LITERALLY. A bunch of limp wristed liberal idiots voted straight line for cross dressing Beto and it literally has resulted in the gruesome deaths of many people.

There is no denying your statement. Many people would be alive and with their loved ones if it were not for the legions of panty-waist NIMBY libs in the Heights, West U and other white liberal havens.

All because they had to vote for this incompetent anti-American POS, who also wanted to take our guns away...leaving the common man defenseless in an environment of out of control violent crime. Anyone who votes democrat is a f***ing dumbass.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Ocean Of Funk said:

LITERALLY. A bunch of limp wristed liberal idiots voted straight line for cross dressing Beto and it literally has resulted in the gruesome deaths of many people.

There is no denying your statement. Many people would be alive and with their loved ones if it were not for the legions of panty-waist NIMBY libs in the Heights, West U and other white liberal havens.

All because they had to vote for this incompetent anti-American POS, who also wanted to take our guns away...leaving the common man defenseless in an environment of out of control violent crime. Anyone who votes democrat is a f***ing dumbass.

One star is not enough.
tylercsbn9
AG
Oh look. Guess what? The killer was out on bond.

https://abc13.com/downtown-aquarium-shooting-3-shot-at-houston-texas/10872847/
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

The family of Cazares spoke with Eyewitness News and said he wasn't a mean man. They said Cazares was "a sweet man" who had schizophrenia and claim he had been hospitalized in the past.
i don't give a f ck how sweet this Wee Todd was, he needs to have his face held against the pavement going 70 mph.

The justice system in Harris County has failed the people.

wessimo
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Here's my shocked face
Mr. Lahey
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

The replies to that tweet in the article are why we have the ******s in office we do now.
Mr. Lahey
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.