Houston
Sponsored by

2021 DisAstros thread

112,307 Views | 987 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sts7049
txags11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
schmendeler said:

THIS HAS ME TOO HYPED
Texaggie7nine
While the video is great, this is a little disappointing.

I've always imagined some baller ass courtyard or something up there on that building inside that space.
7nine
ceatm07
Headed to the game tonight. Any recommendations for parking? I found garages within a 10 min walk for $37, but I'm not sure how guaranteed that is.

Does anyone recommend Vividseats for parking passes?
Texaggie7nine
ceatm07 said:

Headed to the game tonight. Any recommendations for parking? I found garages within a 10 min walk for $37, but I'm not sure how guaranteed that is.

Does anyone recommend Vividseats for parking passes?
If you are willing to wait till 6pm to park, you can park for free and VERY close to MM.
7nine
htxag09
AG
We parked in the Marriott/GRB garage off Rusk for Saturday's game. It was around $35, not crowded at all, and a block from the stadium. I don't think many people know you can use it. I was shocked with how empty it was, nobody at the pay machine, maybe 3 cars in front of me when exiting. Every surface lot we passed to get to the garage was $60 or $100 and the garage was closer.

Just make sure to exit towards Rusk so you can go right to 59, if you use the Capitol exit you get thrown into the madhouse.
htxag09
AG
You could park before 6 and just pay for that time, no?
ceatm07
Thanks for the quick responses. I just assumed the garages would be packed full, but it sounds like I could take my chances.

Good call on exiting 59.
Texaggie7nine
htxag09 said:

No. There are several streets near MM where street parking is prohibited completely 6am-6pm weekdays. Which also means at 6pm, you have many open spots.
7nine
htxag09
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

htxag09 said:

No. There are several streets near MM where street parking is prohibited completely 6am-6pm weekdays.
Gotcha. People have gotten lot smarter with the street parking. For the '17 playoff run we did street parking just about every game. Sometimes showing up 30 min before game time and still finding great spots. I'd park right in front of a sign for a lot advertising $100 lol. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore, even regular season games. Have to time it right to get one.
redag06
Texaggie7nine said:

While the video is great, this is a little disappointing.

I've always imagined some baller ass courtyard or something up there on that building inside that space.
It is the CenterPoint tower, they can't afford anything like that.
Texaggie7nine
htxag09 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

htxag09 said:

No. There are several streets near MM where street parking is prohibited completely 6am-6pm weekdays.
Gotcha. People have gotten lot smarter with the street parking. For the '17 playoff run we did street parking just about every game. Sometimes showing up 30 min before game time and still finding great spots. I'd park right in front of a sign for a lot advertising $100 lol. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore, even regular season games. Have to time it right to get one.
Yeah, I rolled into DT around 5:45 for Game 6 of the ALCS last week and every paid street parking spot was taken that I usually can get for regular Stro games. All the way to Market Square. So I just drove around for a few mins to kill time and used the ole reliable 6pm spots and parked 1 block from MM at Capital and Crawford for free next to the $80 lot.
7nine
The Wonderer
AG
I parked next to Little Woodrow's EaDo at 435p for Friday's game. Cost me a whole $1.55 to park and I was home to GOOF within 25 minutes of leaving the stadium.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I park at my apartment, so much better
K Bo
AG

Mr. McGibblets
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Baller Ass Balla!
aTm_bomb
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Baller Ass Balla Renta!
FIFY
Mr. McGibblets
AG
You have zero clue and the people that know him are all laughing at you.
David_Puddy
AG
One of the best hype videos I've seen

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVfgMhAJmRh/?utm_medium=copy_link
sts7049
AG
that is outstanding!
digging tunnels
AG
FYI, for tomorrow's game, MLB rented out Vic and Anthony's from 3-7pm. Price tag : $125,000.

That'll be some good fan stalking time outside restaurant
The Wonderer
AG
digging tunnels said:

FYI, for tomorrow's game, MLB rented out Vic and Anthony's from 3-7pm. Price tag : $125,000.

Man, the 'grams from the Tine Weathergirl thread ought to be lit then.
Texaggie7nine
digging tunnels said:

Last I checked that's like 5 crab cakes there.
7nine
jetch17
AG
Where is the best pregame watering hole these days? We grabbed a couple at Osso last time, but Irmas/Osso all that stuff by the ballpark just isnt as conducive to standing around with a cold one like the old BUS etc ...

Biggios? I imagine its all gonna be ass packed - just wish theyd put something more casual back down near the stadium

Guessing maybe just beers at the street fest beforehand for walking and hanging?
XpressAg09
AG
I made a gif of my favorite memory of the ALCS
Goose
AG
Alright. Let's ****ing do this.
Texaggie7nine
jetch17 said:

Where is the best pregame watering hole these days? We grabbed a couple at Osso last time, but Irmas/Osso all that stuff by the ballpark just isnt as conducive to standing around with a cold one like the old BUS etc ...

Biggios? I imagine its all gonna be ass packed - just wish theyd put something more casual back down near the stadium

Guessing maybe just beers at the street fest beforehand for walking and hanging?

Yeah, that's about it unless you want to do some walking from eado
7nine
schmellba99
AG
Well, this sucks.
schmendeler
AG
We got "not good" framber tonight.
sts7049
AG
seemed like he got rattled immediately after not getting the first two pitches called, then it went all downhill from there.
Goose
AG
Time to whittle away at it.
randy828
AG
That is tough news for Morton. Pretty tough that he stayed in awhile after it happened.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Props to Odorjizzy.
Goose
AG
Alright let's get a few more back here.
Goose
AG
I was hoping we'd get a few more back than zero there.
schmellba99
AG
Houston cant buy luck tonight

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.