Houston
Sponsored by

2021 DisAstros thread

112,163 Views | 987 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sts7049
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Party Boy said:

"Best BBQ and Tex-Mex"

Austin dorks triggered.
yes that trolling is on point. If only he could have worked in something to piss off the Czech dorks like "Home of Kolache Kulture." Would have been even more perfect.
sushi94
AG
MLB COVID surge in 3 weeks. See less than 10% masked up!
jetch17
AG
It's beautiful
sushi94
AG
Diamond box peeps are saying eff COVID. Vaccinated beotches!
TarponChaser
Mrs. TC and I are taking the boys next Wednesday. Very pleased to see the eff off attitude on masks in the stands.
wessimo
AG
Jose... Jose.. joseeeee
jetch17
AG
Ronnie
AG
Just got back from the game and it felt good! It wasn't sold out noise but it felt like a decent crowd. Getting to see Yordon, Correa, and Altuve hit home runs live in person and drink a $12 Budweiser just felt like the world was back in 2019....
Al Bula
AG
Ronnie said:

Just got back from the game and it felt good! It wasn't sold out noise but it felt like a decent crowd. Getting to see Yordon, Correa, and Altuve hit home runs live in person and drink a $12 Budweiser just felt like the world was back in 2019....
the only sporting event I have been to during this Covid Bs was monster jam and I must say that pandemic seating is the tits. But glad things are returning to normal and hoping MMP is at full capacity soon. I've got a new kid that I want to get the first game certificate for, and my three year old is asking to go see baseball in person.
Chewy
AG
How was getting into the stadium? Any tips?
schmendeler
AG
Al Bula
AG
schmendeler said:

i wish this info graphic was on toilet paper so I could wipe my ass with it. Clearly masks are not enforced and neither is socially distant seating. At this point, posted Covid guidance is all about avoiding liability claims (as it has been for most of the scamdemic).

In any event,

Ronnie
AG
No bags, typical gate metal detectors. It was pretty easy, considering it was 50% capacity I think there were fewer people in lines to get in. Parking also a lot easier due to the reduced capacity. They just scan your phone and don't print tickets out like before, so you show your phone to an usher if they ask.

It definitely didn't feel like a typical sold out opening day game (i have been to a few of those), with the associated pre-gaming around the stadium. But the atmosphere was good in the stadium. Around me was a lot of fun with a lot of good fans.

Masks worn right as you come in, I wear mine a little more often than most, I wore it except when in my seat basically. A lot of people didn't wear one in the stadium once inside. I also didn't see anyone "mask policing" from the Astros side or concessions. Of course all Astros and minute maid employees were wearing.

If I had to guess, 60-75% of fans were not wearing around the concourses or in lines at restrooms, concessions. Maybe something like 90% not wearing in the seats.
schmendeler
AG
i thought even if the person didn't respect the covid restrictions, they would want to know that you can't bring a bag, you can't have a paper ticket, and that you can't use cash at concessions.
Ronnie
AG
Yeah that's another thing, the concessions were the same mostly except...there were these new stations where you would order like at a kiosk (like ordering from the counter at Buccees) and then get in another line to get your food. I visited one of those once, never again. they still have regular concession stands that you can just walk up to and pay with a card directly.
BarryProfit
Also was at the game, it was great. Didn't realize how much I had missed it.

There is a new club section called the Gallagher club, highly recommended.
Panama Red
AG
BarryProfit said:

There is a new club section called the Gallagher club, highly recommended.

Love that guy! Do they supply the visqueen?
Chewy
AG
Thanks Ronnie. Going tonight and was more curious about the lines to get in. Didn't know if they had increased delays due to COVID measures but doesn't sound like it.
aTm2004
AG
OCEN99
AG
jetch17
AG
gayass covid protocol

David_Puddy
AG
How in the world is the entire team not fully vaccinated by now?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ronnie Dawson must be a bad mf'er.
The Wonderer
AG
David_Puddy said:

Vaccines were only made available on March 29th. All, or nearly all, of the team have been vaccinated at least once, but are waiting for the second.
David_Puddy
AG
The Wonderer said:

David_Puddy said:

Vaccines were only made available on March 29th. All, or nearly all, of the team have been vaccinated at least once, but are waiting for the second.

Crane didn't want to spring for the J&J?
BohunkAg
AG
David_Puddy said:

The Wonderer said:

David_Puddy said:

He probably didn't want half the team to have strokes
jetch17
AG
Jeez 'stros

schmendeler
AG
things are... not great at the moment.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
BohunkAg said:

David_Puddy said:

The Wonderer said:

David_Puddy said:

He probably didn't want half the team to have strokes

Bringing up a bunch of green kids and a terrible bullpen is gonna give Dusty a stroke.
sts7049
AG
we suck bad right now
jetch17
AG
Forgot what she looked like

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I kinda enjoyed the YouTube broadcast. Nice to not watch the same 4 commercials.
RynoAg
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I kinda enjoyed the YouTube broadcast. Nice to not watch the same 4 commercials.

Liked it too. Thought Vasgersian did a good job with the three man team, obviously would've been better with them all on-site together. Would like to see MLB try that approach with the playoffs so the broadcast team has a clue about the teams playing. We're spoiled with Blummer and TK on a nightly basis IMO.
Anyway, hope this wakes the boys up for a run! LFG!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
RynoAg said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Liked it too. Thought Vasgersian did a good job with the three man team, obviously would've been better with them all on-site together. Would like to see MLB try that approach with the playoffs so the broadcast team has a clue about the teams playing. We're spoiled with Blummer and TK on a nightly basis IMO.
Anyway, hope this wakes the boys up for a run! LFG!
I actually really like that idea. Get the color guy from each team and some national play by play guy. Gotta be better than hearing stupid Joe Buck tell me how old some kid is 5000 times and blather on with no emotion.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.