Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

65,573 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Ol Jock 99
mAgnoliAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there hail with this storm coming in? Working in Aubrey and doesn't look good
Robert C. Christian
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Is there hail with this storm coming in? Working in Aubrey and doesn't look good
Yes:
FTAG 2000
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Pocket change size reported right now. Could escalate to golf ball and maybe larger
Garrelli 5000
AG
Knock on wood but I'm in west Frisco and nothing so far. It is finally raining after an hour of overcast and distant thunder. Not even a hard rain, just the type of nice slow soak we'll be begging for in August/September.

Edit: MyRadar app showing I'm about to get **** on though
Staff - take out the trash.
AggieMPH2005
Got some hail mixed in with rain here in FloMo about 20 minutes ago. looked like sonic ice but was very sporadic
mAgnoliAg
AG
Parked under gas pumps in the colony still getting pelted from it coming sideways
rsf0626
not a single drop in Dallas yet..wouldnt even know its going to rain today by looking outside. (i'm sure this will age poorly lol)
rsf0626
hbc07
AG
Just had a good pelting of smaller than quarter sized hail at DNT/121. And watch a bunch of idiots park under the overpass and completely jam up DNT.
wangus12
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Parked under gas pumps in the colony still getting pelted from it coming sideways
How big?
mAgnoliAg
AG
wangus12 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

How big?

Mostly pea but a few dime mixed in
PlanoAg98
AG
Here in Plano... small hail, strong wind, sideways rain It's supposed to pass thru by 3pm.
Sueshade10
AG
In Plano too. I was surprised we didn't hear a tornado siren for how dark it got there.
wangus12
AG
Thanks. About to leave the office in Dallas and drive to McKinney
mAgnoliAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Thanks. About to leave the office in Dallas and drive to McKinney

I drove through red on radar in McKinney before hitting the hail in the colony. Didn't get hailed on in McKinney but that was before the next storm passed through.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Frisco - good hard rain and strong winds. Hail was dime sized. It was never a hail storm, just mixed in w/rain so it was obvious when it hit because of the sound.
Phat32
AG
Is there a round 2 ?
wangus12
AG
Heavy rain on 75 around PGBT and again at 380. No hail
AgsWin2011
AG
Did anyone hear a loud boom on the west side of Denton? I thought my kids fell out of bed upstairs. Went outside and all the neighbors were out trying to figure out what it was.

We live in Ponder and reports of people hearing it all the way in Northlake. Hearing all kinds of unconfirmed rumors about a plane crash at Denton Regional and also an RV explosion. Weird.
Matsui
AG
Heavy heavy rain here in southwest Fort Worth
dvldog
AG
Are we in for another fun evening?

Decay
AG
Bigtime lightning storm happening out west for us. Heavy rain, no hail, but WOW it's every 15-20 seconds. Pretty fun
Decay
AG
I take it back... Getting hail now. Dime to nickel sized only
Garrelli 5000
AG
about 5:10 i left house to run to store to grab a couple of ingredients for dinner. as i left 'hood the radio interrupted to note ping pong ball sized hail storm expected in part of wise county, all of Denton until 6:30.

Fastest store trip I've made in a long time. Was nice to have luck at lights and an opportunity to floor the vehicle

I'm in west Frisco. Lots of rumbling thunder, a decent breeze, and overcast, but that's it so far.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Any damage in Prosper?

We're out of town and I got a weather warning.
AgsWin2011
AG
Had a little hail in Ponder but nothing bad. No damage to anything I can tell. The humidity was worse than times I've visited the coast during summer. Lots of lightning but luckily just pop up storms with little wind.
Peter Klaven
AG
Nothing at all actually, few minutes of thunder and then the sun came back out.
FTAG 2000
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Any damage in Prosper?

Nothing here. They should rename the town Moses. The storm split in two and went north and south of us. North up towards Tioga and whitesboro got the worst of it.
ChoppinDs40
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Any damage in Prosper?

Nothing here. They should rename the town Moses. The storm split in two and went north and south of us. North up towards Tioga and whitesboro got the worst of it.

Funny you say that.

Little backstory, my family has lived in prosper/celina for close to 100 years. The old wives tale with some real truth is that the hill where Kroger/brass tap, etc sit is the highest point in Collin county.

Story is the real big nasty stuff always just goes right around us. Plus the lake tends to break some stuff up (ray Robert's and Lewisville).

Moses is appropriate
wangus12
AG
The haze the last few days sucks
AgsWin2011
AG
The haze AND humidity really suck. Feels like living near the gulf. Gross.
FDXAg
AG
Yeah this feels as bad as I've ever felt it living in DFW. Just nasty and unpleasant outside, especially when the wind is still.
AW 1880
AG
Sounds like a bad tornado moving east currently between Valley View and Sanger.
gabehcoud
My sister lives in valley view. Her home and family are fine but she said a trailer park south of town hit
SidetrackAg
AG
AW 1880 said:

Sounds like a bad tornado moving east currently between Valley View and Sanger.

Meteorologist said it went through Lake Ray Roberts
AW 1880
AG
Potential direct hit to Pilot Point happening now. I've mentioned on this thread before, but Ryan Hall Y'all on YouTube provides better coverage than anyone for severe weather.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.