Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

65,547 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Ol Jock 99
oldag941
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lake highlands area. Power came back at 10pm last night. Total of 40 hours without. Was actually in the truck, leaving for a hotel when it came back on.
Sueshade10
AG
I went out on Tuesday and trimmed about 5 widowmakers from my trees that I didn't see initially. I recommend going out and inspecting your trees before the next storm rolls in.
CoppellAg93
AG
Sueshade10 said:

I went out on Tuesday and trimmed about 5 widowmakers from my trees that I didn't see initially. I recommend going out and inspecting your trees before the next storm rolls in.
Exactly. I actually had my trees trimmed last week or I would've probably lost more limbs, The guys are back out here right now cutting down the ones that are still stuck in the trees.
AW 1880
AG
We have surpassed the 48 hour mark in Murphy. I'm hopeful that it will be back on today, but we have some lines down in the neighborhood and no action to restore them yet.
riverrataggie
AG
Still out in Lakewood. I'm not hopeful till maybe next week. Just not seeing any damage or people working. That's my biggest concern. Feel as if it's something much bigger than a tree down.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Blowing in now. Came out of nowhere in Kennedale
beatlesphan
AG
That was a quick 0.85 in here. My poor neighbor still has a hole in his roof. I'm all for rain but we need a little break mother nature!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FTAG 2000
AG
Rough end to the week building.

Super saturating rain here with the first wave.

Second wave starting to build out by Wichita Falls and will through later today with more severe potential.

Gonna be more trees getting blown over later, if the models hold.

And THEN there's potential for another round of severe tomorrow. I'm a little skeptical on that if we get a strong round this evening / overnight, but models are signaling enough time for the atmosphere to recover for another round tomorrow.
CavitationAG
AG
Anyone have better radar than the Weather Channel app? Something that includes forecasted path. It's been screwy this week.

ETA - finally got some big limbs removed from my trees this morning that were hanging precariously over mine and my neighbor's yard. Been stressing about that for the past day.
FTAG 2000
AG
Highly recommend radar scope. It's a paid app but worth it IMO.

On the free side pow ponder app has radar and a future cast type deal.
CoppellAg93
AG
CavitationAG said:

Anyone have better radar than the Weather Channel app? Something that includes forecasted path. It's been screwy this week.

ETA - finally got some big limbs removed from my trees this morning that were hanging precariously over mine and my neighbor's yard. Been stressing about that for the past day.
I primarily use the Fox 4 WAPP - it's free and shows past/future radar and you can add storm paths as an overlay.
Decay
AG
AT's weather app is alright too. A little clunky but I like his YouTube streams and he's based out of OK and does DFW forecasting.

If you're willing to pay a little radarscope is the gold standard
Absolute
AG
Had 4 inches in the big storm earlier and another 3 today. Geesh
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Heavy rain now in west Keller
752bro4
AG
On generator power at work in North Plano. Can't see another light on that isn't an emergency light in the horizon looking north up the tollway.
2wealfth Man
AG
looks like some of the cooler air in place may have pulled some of the most violent energy from this current wave rolling through, lots and lots of rain however
hijakeroo123
AG
Heavy rain since about 10:30 this morning (with about a 30 minute break) in central Plano. Yard is completely waterlogged.
Absolute
AG
Didn't think to check my gutters yesterday after the wind storm. Apparently they are clogged, now that I am home to see them overflowing.
hbc07
AG
Weird. I'm near legacy on DNT and we're up and running.
752bro4
AG
I'm north of you. It's dying down a little, one of our buildings is back on utility.
ac04
FTAG 2000
AG
2wealfth Man said:

looks like some of the cooler air in place may have pulled some of the most violent energy from this current wave rolling through, lots and lots of rain however

The atmosphere didn't have time to recover from the morning round before the storms filled in from Wichita Falls.

The question now is whether we catch another round overnight.

harge57
AG
Radar projection showing more rain developing on the back side of this in the next couple hours moving south to north. Seems really odd.
Wheatables02
AG
If my neighbor's tree got blown out of the ground and landed on my car, they are not responsible for my car correct? They are responsible for tree removal but not the damage to my vehicle because it was natural and not negligence, correct?

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/whos-responsible-for-cleanup-if-your-neighbors-tree-falls-into-your-yard/
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

If my neighbor's tree got blown out of the ground and landed on my car, they are not responsible for my car correct? They are responsible for tree removal but not the damage to my vehicle because it was natural and not negligence, correct?
They are responsible if they new the tree was susceptible. You'd probably still have a hard legal battle on your hand proving that. If you told them the tree needs to come down based upon advice you got from an arborist, you'd have some good ground to stand on.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wheatables02 said:

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/whos-responsible-for-cleanup-if-your-neighbors-tree-falls-into-your-yard/

Not unless it was a sickly tree clearly at risk of being blown over. A regular tree being blown down is just an act of God and your claim. Even if it was sickly, given the storm thus one got blown down in, you would likely be responsible anyway
FTAG 2000
AG
Models still showing an overnight event for DFW, in the 2-7AM range.

The stuff that's in New Mexico currently and crossing the border into Texas is what's headed this way.

Strong winds, hail to golf ball and tennis ball size, and isolated tornados all possible.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Sounds like the perfect weather for a 1 day Younger Cub Scout day on Texoma!
Aggie1205
AG
Hail south of Fort Worth.
showtime
AG
Are you in the older part of Murphy? We're just around the corner from Boggess, between there and the fire station, and never lost power at all.
TAMUallen
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Hail south of Fort Worth.

Somehow I knew I'd need to pull into the garage tonight. I'm ready for this great rain to just be rain
AW 1880
AG
One of the older neighborhoods south of 544 with older homes, and big trees. We finally have a crew working in the neighborhood. I found three instances of downed lines, but guessing there are several more - rear easements + big trees.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Sitting on the tarmac at Love. Storms starting to roll in.

Ain't no gates open. Been sitting here for more than 40 minutes.
Roll the Bones
AG
That's a beautiful haiku.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Anyone know of any tree trimming groups with availability in DFW? All the ones I call either won't pick up the phone or said they have a list with 500 people on it. We have a limb that's beyond reach of a ladder or our pole saw.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.