Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

65,608 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Ol Jock 99
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crazy wind and some hail at Coit and Campbell area of north dallas.
2wealfth Man
AG
we were absolutely pounded in Coppell with straight line wind the likes of which I have not seen before. I my heart sank into my stomach when I heard that unmistakable sound of tree breaking not knowing what the damage was going to be
Absolute
AG
Looks to be Garland into Rowlett then heath

BTW if you ha e to go to your safe spot wear shoes!
2wealfth Man
AG
Guessing power is going to be problematic here for a while given tree damage
Mateo84
AG
In Frisco:

Half our outdoor furniture is in our pool.

Had moderate hail (I don't think big enough to cause too much damage but a decent amount of it) and very intense wind and rain. Seems to be settling a bit now.
FTAG 2000
AG
Possible tornado now moving into Mesquite-Sunnyvale area, moving SE at 45 mph. The area between Heath and Forney is near the path of this rotation center.
curry97
AG
My brother has tree damage in Wylie.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seeing neighborhood bordering brick privacy walls down in plano like someone pushed them over into the alley. Gonna be some people unable to get their cars out of the garage/driveway until that rubble gets moved. Tons of trees in the median down
Pepper Brooks
AG
In far north Carrollton and have a ton of tree damage in the neighborhood. That was wild. Sirens went off and we spent the last hour in the closet with the kids.
Baw
AG
Still sirens going off in far north Dallas. Radar seems better
nortex97
AG
That was pretty terrible here in Frisco. Blew over my little electric smoker (bolted to a small table). Lost some limbs. The duration was pretty unusual.
Absolute
AG
Looks like it is just going to train over north dallas for hours.
bbattbq01
AG
Never heard wind like that in 30+ years in Texas. Scary. In Castle Hills Lewisville.

Have four panels down on back fence but side fence panels I repaired on Sunday after getting knocked over Saturday night is standing strong!

Lost power for about an hour, came back on for 10 mins and then would go on and off for a second and back on a few times and now out again.

Trash cans were blown about 15 feet from curb into lawn.
Texker
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Sirens went off in Rockwall. Wife had the kids and in the shelter before we realized we weren't in the danger zone.

We're in Rockwall as well but out of town. Received notice that there's no power at the house. Ugh.
wangus12
AG
Just drove to Dallas on 75 from McKinney. Road was fine. Some water pooling in Allen and Plano. I'm sure all my patients will definitely show up and make driving here worth my time
hbc07
AG
Powers put on the other side of the street since 6. Ours flashed a few times then, but thankfully stayed on
Garrelli 5000
AG
In Frisco - Morning alarm went off at normal 5am. Didnt' sleep well so tried to go a bit longer. The storms stopped that around 5:20 w/wind, hail, etc.

I'm still not used to having a 1 story home. Small hail still sounds like golf balls hitting the roof.

While surveying back yard/letting dog out during a lull my neighbor hollered over the fence to see if I have a trampoline in my back yard He'd just realized his was missing. He ultimately found it in yard behind him, 2 yards down from mine. Said he's living for vacation in 30 minutes so he'll just leave them a note. I have to assume he's driving...
Staff - take out the trash.
nortex97
AG
I don't imagine many flights will be departing period at 'Delayed For Weather' airport today.
rsf0626
Near downtown Dallas. Lots of debris and a few trees/ street signs are down. Crazy ass weather this morning
rsf0626
Saxsoon
AG
Once it cooled down near Vickery Meadow I only saw two things. One was a downed tree nearly blocking the exit to my apartment and one accident heading downtown. Sounds like Plano area got hit harder

Though I am seeing on Ring that a tornado touched down in lower Greenville near the Sam's Club, not sure how much I buy that though
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Robert C. Christian
AG
Texker said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Sirens went off in Rockwall. Wife had the kids and in the shelter before we realized we weren't in the danger zone.

We're in Rockwall as well but out of town. Received notice that there's no power at the house. Ugh.

Crazy wind here. No hail but it was blowing like crazy. If you have anything exposed to north wid that might have taken of it would be good to check with a neighbor.
beatlesphan
AG
Yeah that was an epic storm. A few big branches down in my yard but far from the house. Power flickered a bunch but still on currently
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Tollway wasn't too bad. Can definitely tell it's summer already. Downed trees and limbs. One big limb blocking a lane headed into uptown from DNT.

I bet Plano and other areas that are heavily treed will have significant damage.

All my patio stuff got thrown about. Rain blew well up into my covered patio that is 20-30' deep at some points.
bert harbinson
AG
West Plano/Carrollton...lots of downed tree limbs and many traffic lights either flashing or completely out on the way to work. Power is on.
mAgnoliAg
AG
We are out of town, but got notification of power outage at 6:30 in Fort Worth. No estimation for return. Power was out yesterday evening for 2 hrs as well.
wangus12
AG
Definitely a ton of trees down around Preston Forrest where my office is. Our campus has a ton of limbs down
Ol Jock 99
AG
Lake Highlands is a mess. Trees down everywhere. Road lights are out. The graduation stage was still up at the high school. Was.

Haven't heard of any major damage yet; assume there will be multiple "trees in houses" though.
Pignorant
AG

aggiedata
AG
TexAggee05
AG
Just rain and moderate winds in SW Fort Worth since around 8:30. Didn't see anything bad driving to Lowes and back..
aggiedata
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
In our Plano hood. This thing was hell on easement trees

Wheatables02
AG
Flower Mound. And the Tree is on the car.
duck79
AG
This wind clearing out the storms in Prosper is intense!!
wangus12
AG
duck79 said:

This wind clearing out the storms in Prosper is intense!!
Basically we've had a mini hurricane roll though this morning

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.