Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

65,551 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Ol Jock 99
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh no, we suck again? said:

I need to figure out how to disconnect it and maybe put another one on? It's in a dug in tub in the backyard so I have to figure out how to unscrew it from the pipe that shoots the water to the curb... I'm hoping that it just overheated and after a brief reprieve, it'll start up again.

If you can get one down there you can just connect a garden hose to the pump and bypass the pipe.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Crazy rain for about 15 minutes. Almost an 1.5", yard is swamped front drive is a river.

At least there was no hail or high wind!

Win some lose some.
riverrataggie
AG
Sheesh. This rain.

Btw, anyone else now watch the oncor power outage map versus radar to see how bad things are?
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
harge57 said:

Oh no, we suck again? said:

I need to figure out how to disconnect it and maybe put another one on? It's in a dug in tub in the backyard so I have to figure out how to unscrew it from the pipe that shoots the water to the curb... I'm hoping that it just overheated and after a brief reprieve, it'll start up again.

If you can get one down there you can just connect a garden hose to the pump and bypass the pipe.
I just went a looked and can't figure out how to disconnect it and the tub isn't big enough to put another pump in it.

The setup is that it takes the roof drains and the backyard drains into the tub then shoots it out to the curb as my yard is .5 acre and flat as can be. Praying that today's storm is all for today/tonight and the company can swing by tomorrow to replace the pump so I can survive until I get all the new work done.
FTAG 2000
AG
If the stuff in the panhandle makes it here, gonna be more heavy rain.
duck79
AG
That atmosphere got pretty worked over with that storm that just came thru and without much daylight left to regenerate it should take energy away from the overnight stuff.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
duck79 said:

That atmosphere got pretty worked over with that storm that just came thru and without much daylight left to regenerate it should take energy away from the overnight stuff.
Please be right! Accuweather is showing some rain between midnight and 2 am, I'm hoping if anything, it's just light rain.
oldag941
AG
Lake highlands. 2" in about 1 hour. 9" over the last 7 days.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Makes 12.5" for us since May 22 in Plano
riverrataggie
AG
Are we close to annual amount?
HouseDivided06
AG
North Dallas at Frankford and Hillcrest area. Easily over 10" in the last 7 days. My yard is beyond saturated. I had fajitas marinating all day, and then this storm popped up about 5:15. I'm a commercial insurance broker for real estate, namely apartments, and every single inspection recommendation I send out is "don't grill on the balcony as it's a fire hazard" and yet I pulled my grill into the garage to grill tonight. Every part of me panicked, but I didn't want to make these in the skillet.
beatlesphan
AG
I'm at 31.25" YTD in Farmers Branch. I think yearly average is about 33" so we're there and it's June 2...crazy

ETA the creek behind my house reached the 100 yr floodplain yesterday
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
From a friend in the M Streets:

"The pod was from the next street north from us….it literally floated down the street two blocks before resting on Merrimac!!"

riverrataggie
AG
So are we waking up to a hurricane like last Tuesday?
Aries
Flew in from the Tampa airport tonight.....well this morning.....3 hour delay. Southwest pilot said we'd be landing in the pond that is now Dallas.
FTAG 2000
AG
riverrataggie said:

So are we waking up to a hurricane like last Tuesday?

Not waking up to one, but maybe going to bed to one this evening.
Absolute
AG
Almost 14 inches in a week here.
SidetrackAg
AG
All of this rain is getting old
riverrataggie
AG
Agreed. While this doesn't seem as heavy. It doesn't take much right now.
FTAG 2000
AG
Nothing is soaking in because it's all waterlogged. Everything just runs off.

Another round of heavy rain inbound in the north counties
Garrelli 5000
AG
Yup. Frisco just darkened significantly within the last few minutes, along w/more wind.
Staff - take out the trash.
wangus12
AG
Absolutely hammering down in Allen and McKinney
2wealfth Man
AG
wangus12 said:

Absolutely hammering down in Allen and McKinney
rain, hail or wind?
Decay
AG
Ugh wind pulled out our struggle tree again. Still intact with root ball and everything but... Can't be good for it. Staked that thing in as far as I possibly could
Baw
AG
Need the rain to stop. The bald spots in my yard are getting ****ed
Decay
AG
Baw said:

Need the rain to stop. The bald spots in my yard are getting ****ed

Put some sand on it!
wangus12
AG
Just rain
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Thank God for good neighbors, we were able to figure out how to get the pump off and a new one put on. Apparently, the old one ran all day as the water in the basin was dang near boiling when I got to it this afternoon. Saved money and prevented a fire... That's a win all day!

Now I hopefully won't fret over the rain causing flooding in the house anymore.
planoaggie123
AG
More rain currently. Just puddles almost instantly.
FTAco07
AG
I couldn't be happier I had artificial turf installed in my back yard a few weeks ago. Perfect drainage and my dog can go outside with no mud. My old yard would have been an epic disaster with all this water
Mateo84
AG
FTAco07 said:

I couldn't be happier I had artificial turf installed in my back yard a few weeks ago. Perfect drainage and my dog can go outside with no mud. My old yard would have been an epic disaster with all this water

Yep - we did this two years ago and its amazing. Re-did all the drainage around the house at the same time, so we've had no issues with water even with all this mess lately.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
If you turf guys don't mind, what did you guys pay for that and what's the life expectancy?
Garrelli 5000
AG
We turfed the length of the house in the back but left the sides natural grass. It basically covers the length of hte pool and decking at each end.

I'm glad we built our pool at the same time we built the house. We chose to do both at the same time because it meant we wouldn't need to redo sprinklers, and the home builder would be responsible for lot drainage.
Staff - take out the trash.
Ken Adams
AG
2020 - about 7.50/square foot

2023 - about 11/square foot for the same quality. Company gave us a 2 year warranty on workmanship The turf itself has a 15 year warranty.

Pretty average use on it between kids and a dog. Only had to turf around 700 sq feet in the backyard to get all the common areas.

When we moved it was at the top of the priority list because we loved it so much at the previous house.

I am pretty sure there are a few threads on the home improvement board with pictures and more QA.
FTAco07
AG
Including three drainage changes I paid $10 PSF for the normal yard and $16.50 PSF for the putting green. 3-year install warranty and 8-year warranty on the turf itself that I would hope to last 10-15 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.