Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

65,585 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Ol Jock 99
AW 1880
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big hail headed from Tioga towards Gunter.
FDXAg
AG
Apparently very heavy damage as it passed across 35 and then also south of pilot point. Some people reporting semis and cars tossed on 35 and possible direct hit on a trailer park in valley view. There's a state park on Lake Ray Roberts that might have taken a hit by the tornado as well. I fear that was a populated area with campers since it's memorial Day weekend.

This looks really bad and the tornado is still on the ground and headed to Weston/Anna area
AlphaBean
AG
We are a mile from the state park and were there earlier today. It's packed. We are currently on generator power.

We built our home 10 years ago with a shelter and today is the first day we have ever sheltered in it. We've readied it many times but never sheltered. 14 month old slept through it all and 4yo At grandparents' for the weekend thank goodness. Husband of course is on duty.
FDXAg
AG
Denton county police radio requested 17 ambulances to the truck stop/shell gas station on 35 North of Sanger. Sounds like quite a few people trapped. Just terrible.

Tornado still on the ground and past Weston and almost at 75 towards Anna already.
AlphaBean
AG
FDXAg said:

Denton county police radio requested 17 ambulances to the truck stop/shell gas station on 35 North of Sanger. Sounds like quite a few people trapped. Just terrible.

Tornado still on the ground and past Weston and almost at 75 towards Anna already.

Just received photos that station is destroyed. That is the exit for the state park.
wangus12
AG
Live between McKinney and Melissa, but I'm out of town right now. Hoping our neighborhood is good
FDXAg
AG
DFW news stations saying the tornado will cross between Anna and Melissa along 75 here in next few minutes
CashinOut
AG
CashinOut
AG
bbattbq01
AG
nortex97
AG
Pretty bad last night.

At least 2 dead at/around that gas station in Valley View, more expected to be found with daylight.
FTAco07
AG
Power has been out in my part of Lakewood for half an hour or so. First time our generator has kicked on for real and my wife had the nerve to comment on how loud it is rather than appreciate that we're the only house on the block with power.
AlphaBean
AG
FTAco07 said:

Power has been out in my part of Lakewood for half an hour or so. First time our generator has kicked on for real and my wife had the nerve to comment on how loud it is rather than appreciate that we're the only house on the block with power.

lol this wife was relieved to hear it running and have electronics firing up as I exited the shelter with a sleeping baby. I had no idea power was out u til I heard the generator. Husband was and is on duty, as he always is when anything happens, which was the real reason we coughed up the cash for a generac with young kids in the picture. 4yo was with my parents in ft worth so just me, a baby, and a dog hunkered down in a rural area. Looks like power came back online about 530 while I was blissfully sleeping with the generator running along the wall 10 ft away.
beatlesphan
AG
Something I've been pondering for a while...has anyone considered getting an underground shelter installed?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
POW ponder posted this

Map of high wind rotation. Wow.
riverrataggie
AG
FTAco07 said:

We flickered and it went out here for about 30 seconds. Then came back on. This happened at 6 am. Not sure how that happens.
TheCurl84
AG
Any new info available from the gas station now that we have daylight?
FTAG 2000
AG
TheCurl84 said:

Any new info available from the gas station now that we have daylight?

Everyone made it out ok. Minor injuries.
Candiru
AG
The Cooke Co sheriff was commenting on the news earlier about 50+ people sheltering in there with no fatalities.
FriendlyAg
I am seeing 5 deceased. It got pretty gnarly in grapevine for 30-45 mins. We lost power for about 15 minutes
FTAG 2000
AG
Heard the fatalities were in vehicles. Still seems to be some fog if war type stuff. But kudos to that gas station. They got everyone into safe space in time to matter.
aTm2004
AG
I'm up at a buddy's house on Cedar Creek Lake and it's blowing like a hurricane outside. Downed trees and limbs everywhere, and the lake looks like an ocean. It's crazy.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Cedar creek is like 80 miles south of this

May have been another cell down there
Ag CPA
AG
Luckily we've been spared here in Southlake from everything besides some hard rain this spring but man it has been an active season.
aTm2004
AG
FTAco07 said:

Go turn it off and then sit down in your chair and tell her how quiet it is.

I have a whole home and couldn't care less about the noise.
FTAG 2000
AG
aTm2004 said:

I'm up at a buddy's house on Cedar Creek Lake and it's blowing like a hurricane outside. Downed trees and limbs everywhere, and the lake looks like an ocean. It's crazy.

Wake winds from leftover storms last night. Wild.
aTm2004
AG
There was a line of storms that look to be going south of us, but maybe. Very little rain here but harsh winds.
AlphaBean
AG
Candiru said:

The Cooke Co sheriff was commenting on the news earlier about 50+ people sheltering in there with no fatalities.

Amazing. When I was seeing 150+ sheltering there I feared the worse as I know there is no way that many could safely shelter there. 50 I totally believe. They have/had a small eat in/mostly to go local food place there so there's probably a decently sized freezer to shelter in.
Pignorant
AG
We are also at Cedar Creek.

It was really bad for a few minutes.
FTAG 2000
AG
Death count up to 7 in Valley View area. All in vehicles and RVs. Pilot point tv park was hit, still being cleared.
CoppellAg93
AG
CashinOut said:

This gas station is where we get off of 35 to go to my in-laws house at Lake Kiowa. We have stopped there many a time since it opened for bathroom breaks, snacks, etc. it's amazing that no one inside was killed.
FTAG 2000
AG
Pro tip. If you ever have to take shelter at a gas station, head for the walk in cooler. It's an armored shell. Lots of folks have survived direct hits this way.
AlphaBean
AG
5 of the 7 were a family including a 2 and 5yo. Devestating and heartbreaking just aren't strong enough words.
FTAG 2000
AG
Video from inside the gas station. https://www.facebook.com/share/v/GXWZ1CykzkdbTyUT/?mibextid=WC7FNe
gabehcoud
Abbott press conference in Valley View…VFD chief was told to dress nice. He said, "No I'm working". Im not seeing him in the posse

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.