Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

65,514 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 30 sec ago by Ol Jock 99
Oh no, we suck again?
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like we're in for another round tonight around midnight... do they make jetski mowers? I'm going to need one to mow before long.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Oh no, we suck again? said:

Looks like we're in for another round tonight around midnight... do they make jetski mowers? I'm going to need one to mow before long.

I've been exploring swamp buggy options.
AgsWin2011
AG
Trading in my motorcycle for a boat. Damn…
Crispin Torque
FTAco07 said:

Including three drainage changes I paid $10 PSF for the normal yard and $16.50 PSF for the putting green. 3-year install warranty and 8-year warranty on the turf itself that I would hope to last 10-15 years.

Looking at doing something similar. Who did you use?
FTAG 2000
AG
This one's gonna suck. Coming due south. The storms coming in this direction as opposed to southwest or southeast have a bad tendency to surprise.
TAMUallen
AG
Looks like this will be a more dallas thing than dfw type but that's alright!
ChoppinDs40
AG
Holy MOLY the wind
riverrataggie
AG
Where are you located?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Prosper.
riverrataggie
AG
Radar looks like it's starting to push south east more. But there is a cell behind this initial boundary.

Hang in there.
wangus12
AG
Crazy winds and heavy rain
FincAg
AG
Lost power in the L Streets again. We were without power for 5 days last week. Praying that is not the case again.
wangus12
AG
Winds were absolutely brutal in McKinney. Lasted for about 2 hours.
riverrataggie
AG
Sounds like there is a problem house or easement that is the source of all of it. I'm on a creek here in Lakewood and they have the poles go through it. Needless to say many do good job of keeping trees back, etc but there is one house that doesn't. If we lose power 9 out of 10 time it's them. I confronted them this last week about it. They got mad but really don't care. Keep your bush trimmed woman.
FTAG 2000
AG
Another night of our little people crawling under the covers and giving mom and dad a whopping two hours of sleep, thanks ma nature!
wangus12
AG
My dog decided the only safe place in the house was sitting on my chest last night. I'm not functioning well this morning
Scriffer
AG
My two miraculously slept through the whole thing. Had to drag them out of bed at 645
akaggie05
AG
riverrataggie said:

Sounds like there is a problem house or easement that is the source of all of it. I'm on a creek here in Lakewood and they have the poles go through it. Needless to say many do good job of keeping trees back, etc but there is one house that doesn't. If we lose power 9 out of 10 time it's them. I confronted them this last week about it. They got mad but really don't care. Keep your bush trimmed woman.

These events have reminded me that most of the general populace has next to zero clue about how utility infrastructure works. After a big storm, my Nextdoor feed is full of posts with photos of downed telephone and cable TV lines, asking "OMG look my electric lines are down, is this safe to touch?" They think electricity is delivered via cell towers and unicorn dust. Huge trees hanging over / touching actual electric lines? Ain't nobody got time for that!
EastSideAg2002
riverrataggie said:

WP
aezmvp
My German Shepard would take on a battalion of undead Nazi soldiers or any dog in the neighborhood. But a storm? Nope biggest baby ever. I was wide awake for the whole storm because she was. Ugh.
riverrataggie
AG
Is summer officially here? I see the rain chances and storm chances reduce significantly over past 24 hours and higher temps starting to set in.
ChoppinDs40
AG
riverrataggie said:

Is summer officially here? I see the rain chances and storm chances reduce significantly over past 24 hours and higher temps starting to set in.

Looking like it. Strong southern wind is here.

Oven is set to pre-heat.
beatlesphan
AG
Looks like some chance over the next few days then the high pressure builds over Texas (right, FTAG?). If we delayed summer until the middle of June I'll take that as a big win
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Yeah. That's when we don't get rain and it gets hot. High pressure just parks here
DannyDuberstein
AG
We had rounds of storms/hail last year for several weeks starting in mid-May, and this week was about when it settled down for the summer. Looking very similar
beatlesphan
AG
You're right, idk why but this year feels less brutal...maybe bc we got all that rain.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Last year cost me a roof, two totaled cars, a summer of no peace and quiet due to every house on our 'hood getting a roof, and ultimately 8 nails in tires in our household due to all the work in the neighborhood. So probably a matter of perspective
oldag941
AG
Dallas. Looks like a pretty easy week. Some cooler weather with chances of showers but doesn't look extreme in either temperature or activity. I'll take it for mid-June.
Spaceship
AG
I'm putting down $8k of sod at the end of June. As expected I will have to water the heck out of it. I've been pushing my slow pool builder to hustle, I'm really wishing it was put down in May.
wangus12
AG
So I finally need to turn my sprinklers on lol
Robert C. Christian
AG
Spaceship said:

I'm putting down $8k of sod at the end of June. As expected I will have to water the heck out of it. I've been pushing my slow pool builder to hustle, I'm really wishing it was put down in May.

As someone who did this last year. Don't think of it as a water bill, it's part of the install cost.

Also was shocked that after watering it like crazy it was only around $1k for that month.
clobby
AG
Another 0.5'' in Dallas.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Trace in Fort Worth. Giant wall of water just stopped and split once it hit Fort Worth
2wealfth Man
AG
Just had a large widow maker fall in the backyard from the May storm. Tree guys even missed it so be careful with this wind picking up. Could have hit me or wife very easily if we had been out there.
TAMUallen
AG
Guess we are done with the rain for this summer now?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.