Outdoors
Sponsored by

Update on pistol brace?

93,515 Views | 797 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tandy miller
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Uni-party
Daddy-O5
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

The NRA saw their members flocking to the other 3 and decided they ought to put in the minimal effort necessary to feign caring.
No winky face required. Truth.
aggieforester05
AG

Quote:

"Even though Congressional Republicans should take additional action to keep these and other dangerous weapons off our streets, they are instead pushing a resolution to reverse this rule and the progress we have made to enforce existing statutory requirements on these dangerous weapons," according to the White House's Statement of Administration Policy.

These people are morons.
GeorgiAg
AG
House is voting LIVE now.

Currently 217 - 210 with some votes still outstanding.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?528689-2/house-session&live
GeorgiAg
AG
It passed.

TacosaurusRex
nealan
Not sure if serious
FTAG 2000
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Quote:

"Even though Congressional Republicans should take additional action to keep these and other dangerous weapons off our streets, they are instead pushing a resolution to reverse this rule and the progress we have made to enforce existing statutory requirements on these dangerous weapons," according to the White House's Statement of Administration Policy.

These people are morons.

Marxists. Not morons. Gaslighting Marxists.
dodger02
AG
I know noncompliance is/was fashionable. But I just received my approval.

Submitted on 4/23.
Fingerprints mailed 4/24.
Approved 6/14.

52 days.
BenderRodriguez
AG
dodger02 said:

Submitted on 4/23.
Approved 6/14.

52 days.

I will not say a single negative word about the decisions anyone makes regarding this.

I will say that I am absolutely appalled at our government for forcing citizens to make decisions between compliance with BS petty tyranny or becoming felons, all for owning a ridiculous piece of plastic that only exists because of prior bad law making, and something they explicitly approved of for years.

Its insanity.

ChemEAg08
AG
Quote:

Its tyranny.

Fify
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Words of wisdom. So glad she now reps me because of redistricting.

AG
She is a real life moron. I almost feel sorry for her she's so dumb.

But apparently her constituents believe she's the brightest among them and the best person to represent them.

Maybe they're right.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow. Ghost guns, automatic weapons, veterans...this is about the first responders...but this is really about about the chidren!!! No wait what do you mean my 2 minutes is up!?
plowboy1065
S
Meet the next Mayor of Houston, TX
P.H. Dexippus
AG
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/senate-poised-to-slap-down-biden-pistol-brace-rule-in-major-defeat

Quote:

The Senate as early as next week is expected to vote to kill President Joe Biden's regulation on AR-15s fitted with pistol braces, a rule that overnight turned up to 29 million owners into felons.

Key sources following the issue said three Democratic senators are leaning toward joining a united GOP to repeal the rule that went into effect this month.

But even with the support of pro-gun Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (WV), John Tester (MT) and Angus King (ME), it won't be enough to override a threatened Biden veto. The House passed the repeal in mid-June by a close 219-210 margin.

Still, rejection via the congressional review act process would be a major blow to Biden's liberal anti-gun agenda, a sharp rebuke to overzealous regulators at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and a signal to federal judges that there is support for rulings against the Biden gun control drive.

alvtimes
Yall are all the dummies…. didnt yall know that you can get a higher caliber bullet by adding a brace. Unanswered question to the chief tyrant tho…. what caliber is best to start with…. and after I add brace, what caliber does it become?????
aggieforester05
AG
Without a brace they start as a 2mm pin fire, after the brace they usually turn into a 4 bore.
AG
alvtimes said:

Yall are all the dummies…. didnt yall know that you can get a higher caliber bullet by adding a brace. Unanswered question to the chief tyrant tho…. what caliber is best to start with…. and after I add brace, what caliber does it become?????

.357, .358... Whatever it takes

BSD
AG
Wow. Haven't seen that one in 40+ years.
ChemEAg08
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/senate-poised-to-slap-down-biden-pistol-brace-rule-in-major-defeat

Quote:

The Senate as early as next week is expected to vote to kill President Joe Biden's regulation on AR-15s fitted with pistol braces, a rule that overnight turned up to 29 million owners into felons.

Key sources following the issue said three Democratic senators are leaning toward joining a united GOP to repeal the rule that went into effect this month.

But even with the support of pro-gun Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (WV), John Tester (MT) and Angus King (ME), it won't be enough to override a threatened Biden veto. The House passed the repeal in mid-June by a close 219-210 margin.

Still, rejection via the congressional review act process would be a major blow to Biden's liberal anti-gun agenda, a sharp rebuke to overzealous regulators at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and a signal to federal judges that there is support for rulings against the Biden gun control drive.

Well we are waiting.gif
AG
It didn't pass

49--50
2ndGen87
AG
shows what a real pos Manchin is. He isn't a moderate democrat, he is a complete loser.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Without going all F16, there are no moderate democrats anymore. They're all POS and enemies of our rights.

Rant over
BrazosDog02
AG
I still don't understand the new rules or what falls under it so I'm just doing nothing. F- them.
Breggy Popup
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I still don't understand the new rules or what falls under it so I'm just doing nothing. F- them.

You and 39,749,999 others.
El Chupacabra
2ndGen87 said:

shows what a real pos Manchin is. He isn't a moderate democrat, he is a complete loser.
And that fat **** jar headed Tester in MT. He runs around the state proclaiming to represent Montanans, but at the end of the day is no different than Schumer.
ChemEAg08
AG
This government won't be satisfied until they have all the weapons form law abiding citizens.
JSKolache
AG
dodger02 said:

Submitted on 4/23.
Approved 6/14.

52 days.
Submitted 5/4, approved 7/4. MAGA irony.
fullback44
AG
So are regular S& AR15s with 16.5" barrels applicable to these rules ?
BSD
AG
No. Only pistols with braces.
fullback44
AG
BSD said:

No. Only pistols with braces.

Ok thanks .. that's what my buddy said but I figured this board would back that up. This board certainly would know the rules .. this thread has alot of stuff in it regarding the rule but it's not easy to go back through it. Thanks
hunter2012
AG
https://ijr.com/federal-court-rules-bidens-pistol-brace-crackdown/

Quote:

The court ruled 2-1 that the ATF targeted stabilizing braces without giving the public the chance to weigh in on the regulation.
Under the Administrative Procedure Act, agencies are required to provide public notice of proposed decisions and allow people with an interest in those decisions to offer feedback.
Judge Jerry Smith noted that the ATF did provide a public comment period on the proposed rule in 2021, but that the final regulation was so different from the proposal that it amounted to "a rug-pull on the public."
Judge Don Willett agreed and added that the rule might violate Americans' Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Sounds like a decent blow to the ruling, back to district court for that Judge's ruling.
Daddy-O5
AG
Mr. Dubi
What does this mean for folks who received an amnesty form 1?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.