Outdoors
Sponsored by

Update on pistol brace?

84,871 Views | 789 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Red Pear Realty
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL Congress isn't gonna do anything that will impact this. That's just grandstanding and some dude trying to get followers.
1872walker
According to his Congressional testimony, ATF Director Steven Dettelbach says all one would need to do would be to detach the brace from the firearm.

The Director claims that the reason for the new rule is that the braces have changed. Yet the brace that was deemed to be satisfactory originally is no longer acceptable.
Morpholino
AG
What about a collapsible brace adapter? Does that need to be detached as well?
BSD
AG
Just over three weeks to go. No news lately. Doesn't look good for the good guys…
BSD
AG
Just saw this as well, which is good to know.

PS **** the ATF
aggieforester05
AG
un-American scum bags to say the least!
SupermachJM
AG
Has anybody done the Form 1 Process yet and have a good resource for it? I don't really feel like paying Silencer Shop $50 to do it for me and I've been holding out in hope that this gets repealed, but I'm thinking it's getting to be about time.

I was going to Form 1 my pistol at some point anyway, just didn't want to be forced to do it yet.
GeorgiAg
AG
I did one for a suppressor I was going to make. It's not hard, just tedious.

https://www.atf.gov/

here is the efile page:

https://eforms.atf.gov/login;referrer=%2Fhome
The have a special eform for the SBR issue. I already filled it out. You will need a close up pic of the serial numbers.

Just go there and select Form 1 from the drop down menu. It's a fillable pdf form.
BSD
AG
Nationalguntrust.com has some good video walk thru guides. This one is for the brace application for trusts:

It's long, but thorough.

I'm giving this about another week or so. I think the last 2-3 days will be a cluster**** with everyone rushing to get them in. I want to be on the front end of that.
JSKolache
AG
SupermachJM said:

Has anybody done the Form 1 Process yet and have a good resource for it? I don't really feel like paying Silencer Shop $50 to do it for me and I've been holding out in hope that this gets repealed, but I'm thinking it's getting to be about time.

I was going to Form 1 my pistol at some point anyway, just didn't want to be forced to do it yet.
Did this last week. Painless and would pay again in a heartbeat. Shop doubles checks all your paperwork and efiles via a bot while you watch online and click certifications. Youre saving 150, just do it if you were going to sbr anyway.

It will get challenged in court after someone who filed gets a denial. That'll take awhile.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Is the application window still open for this? I tried reading through thread but couldn't really tell.
BSD
AG
I posted just a few posts above this that is open til May 30.
3rdGenAg05
AG
I'm sure it's been posted in here, but for those wondering, the tax free process doesn't apply to family trusts unless you already have your braced pistols in your trust before January 2023 and can prove it. My trust doesn't contain any NFA items by serial number (eg a schedule), so not sure why I would already have an non-NFA item in there. Maybe I'm misunderstanding that or it's just more BS to annoy law-abiding citizens.

I guess I'll just have to go the old fashioned route and SBR each gun for $200 a piece.
Dennis Reynolds
Quote:

I guess I'll just have to go the old fashioned route and SBR each gun for $200 a piece.
Or don't.
aggieforester05
AG
I'd remove the brace (store elsewhere) and let the court cases play out before paying $200 each. If you're not filing for amnesty stamps.
Daddy-O5
AG
aggieforester05 said:

I'd remove the brace (store elsewhere) and let the court cases play out before paying $200 each. If you're not filing for amnesty stamps.
Starting at about the 3-minute mark of the Massie clip at the top of the page, the ATF director "claims" there will be no constructive possession. No that I'm banking on this, just an interesting exchange based on what we've always "known" to be true.
BSD
AG
Congressman Andrew Clyde has made it known that he is leading efforts to shut down the brace rule. He has said he is confident that he can stop it but that there will be a gap between the effective date and the date at which he thinks his efforts will come into play. Still nothing in the courts. I imagine if nothing happens by the deadline, then the ATF website will be a ****show on May 30.
Irish 2.0
BSD said:

Congressman Andrew Clyde has made it known that he is leading efforts to shut down the brace rule. He has said he is confident that he can stop it but that there will be a gap between the effective date and the date at which he thinks his efforts will come into play. Still nothing in the courts. I imagine if nothing happens by the deadline, then the ATF website will be a ****show on May 30.

It'll crash for days. Still the millions of people out there that have these braces, but zero knowledge of this bull**** rule from the ATF.
agsalaska
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

BSD said:

It'll crash for days. Still the millions of people out there that have these braces, but zero knowledge of this bull**** rule from the ATF.

That in my mind is the biggest problem. Some pour guy is going to show up at a range in some liberal run part of the country and end up in federal prison for a rifle that he legally bought with a background check.

ATF is an enemy.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Irish 2.0
None of mine are at the address the ATF has on file for me. So if they show up looking they'll find nothing and I get a 2hrs head start to lose them in a boating accident
GeorgiAg
AG
agsalaska said:

Irish 2.0 said:

BSD said:

That in my mind is the biggest problem. Some pour guy is going to show up at a range in some liberal run part of the country and end up in federal prison for a rifle that he legally bought with a background check.

ATF is an enemy.
Not only that but he'll never be able to shoot again.
aggieforester05
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

aggieforester05 said:

Starting at about the 3-minute mark of the Massie clip at the top of the page, the ATF director "claims" there will be no constructive possession. No that I'm banking on this, just an interesting exchange based on what we've always "known" to be true.

We all know you can't trust anything the ATF says. It's the enforcement arm of the gun grabber lobby and they have zero ethical boundaries.
Daddy-O5
AG
I don't trust them at all. It's just an interesting exchange that shows complete incompetence (shocker) and continues to exhibit the ambiguous nature of the rule. One of the multiple reasons I think this ultimately lands in our favor in the courts. Even IF there is some time between the upcoming deadline and an injunction or some other legal outcome.
BSD
AG
BrazosDog02
AG
BSD said:

Good stuff.
BSD
AG
Hail Mary from FPC in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals:

Quote:

FPC has filed an emergency motion asking a federal court to issue an injunction against the ATF's pistol brace rule by May 24th.
Daddy-O5
AG

Quote:

FPC's pistol brace lawsuit - Mock v. Garland - now appears to be moving rapidly, following yesterday's breaking news announcement.

Within an hour of FPC requesting an emergency injunction against the ban by May 24th, the Judge said the Government must respond by TOMORROW.

Quote:

You now have just 13 days to register your braced weapons, sell them, or face ATF tactical teams (translation: Murder Squads) sent to your property.

You read that right: on May 31st, the ATF will have the power to send "agents" who are itchy to shoot the family dog DOOR-TO-DOOR.

And as we've seen numerous times throughout history, the ATF will not hesitate. They will not show mercy.

STOP THE PISTOL BRACE BAN NOW!

These church-burning, wife-killing despots are coming. And we have ONE CHANCE to stop them before it's too late.

Remember, the Government must respond by 5PM central time TOMORROW. And our legal team needs you RIGHT NOW.

Yes, they are pandering to their audience for donations. No, I don't care, I love the FPC
BSD
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Yes, they are pandering to their audience for donations. No, I don't care, I love the FPC

They pander often, and you'll get another email in 6 hours asking if you saw this last one. But I agree, I love the FPC.
Mr. Dubi
Who is the FPC?
1872walker
Mr. Dubi said:

Who is the FPC?

Firearms Policy Coalition. What the NRA pretends to be
Daddy-O5
AG
BSD said:

Daddy-O5 said:

They pander often, and you'll get another email in 6 hours asking if you saw this last one. But I agree, I love the FPC.
I've gotten them for awhile now. Their emails are annoying as hell, but I donate anyways, so I guess it works.
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Daddy-O5 said:

aggieforester05 said:

We all know you can't trust anything the ATF says. It's the enforcement arm of the gun grabber lobby and they have zero ethical boundaries.

"Taxes won't go up on the middle class"

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"
hunter2012
AG
Seems like no last minute injunctions or legal interference are going to happen. 10 days then millions will become felons, just ridiculous.
javajaws
AG
3rdGenAg05 said:

I'm sure it's been posted in here, but for those wondering, the tax free process doesn't apply to family trusts unless you already have your braced pistols in your trust before January 2023 and can prove it. My trust doesn't contain any NFA items by serial number (eg a schedule), so not sure why I would already have an non-NFA item in there. Maybe I'm misunderstanding that or it's just more BS to annoy law-abiding citizens.

By what basis did you come up with that pre-January date?

From the video linked above:

JB!98
AG
I sure it has been posted in this mega thread someplace, but is there a link to the paperwork that I need to complete? I guess in order to not become a felon, I will do it while it is free.

Thanks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.