Outdoors
Sponsored by

Update on pistol brace?

93,508 Views | 797 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm with you. If they are KNOWINGLY misleading people, that's some serious **** they're getting themselves into. And I'm not saying they are.

I'd love to see a further clarification from the court on this, because the first one clearly leaves some ambiguity floating around.

I may just be too old and have seen this kind of crap too many times to be trusting, but they can always tell everyone that they believe... keyword "believe" ... That new members are covered, and if at a later date the court clarifies that new members are not covered, then FPC can issue a statement saying, "Oops. Honest mistake. We honestly believed that new members were covered. Oh well, at least you are now a member of a great organization that will represent you moving forward".

Not saying that this is their game plan, but I've just seen this kind of stuff too many times to not ask a few questions...
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

https://thereload.com/second-federal-judge-expands-block-on-biden-pistol-brace-ban-as-registration-deadline-approaches/

2nd Injunction in the Second Amendment Foundations Case. Limited to the Plaintiffs in the case but I like where this is going.

Proud SAF member.
FTAG 2000
AG
This 'only applies to members' injunction is lame. Where is the Hawaiian judge to issue a ruling that says it applies to everyone?
BSD
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

Daddy-O5 said:

https://thereload.com/second-federal-judge-expands-block-on-biden-pistol-brace-ban-as-registration-deadline-approaches/

2nd Injunction in the Second Amendment Foundations Case. Limited to the Plaintiffs in the case but I like where this is going.

Proud SAF member.

I like how the judge specifically says it's also a 2A issue. I'm an optimistic guy so I hope that reaches further than this case.

Quote:

Boyle said similar concerns over administrative procedure and Second Amendment rights were at issue in the case before her court.
Daddy-O5
AG

Get past the click baity title (that's the norm for most these YouTube guys). He's a lawyer who goes in depth on a lot of these cases.

He understands the concerns you and many others have but addresses them head on and comes to the same conclusion that I do right now.

Also, just join FPC to support them anyways. They posed the first suit in this nonsense and have made the most progress so far it seems.
AG
Thanks.

Here, I guess is the crux of the matter from my perspective, and unless I missed it, I don't think he (or anyone else) has addressed it.

The phrase, "Since day one". It means SOMETHING.

One thing I know about judges, when they issue an opinion or ruling of any kind, they are VERY specific with their wording.

So if the injunction applies to all members before, during, and after the injunction, why not just say, "All members and customers', period?

In this case, there would be no point in specifying a given point in time.

Or," All members and customers as of the XXst day of X, 2023"?

Why say," Since the first day"?

That phrase is directly defining "members and customers" as of a specific point in time.

IMO, either it was written very poorly, or it means what it appears to mean, and in the excitement of the victory, people are selectively glossing over it.

Everything about this ruling hinges on those 3 words. I really want to hear the court address that phrase directly.

Anyway, as I said, I could very well be wrong, hope I am actually. And I probably missed where the guy in the video addressed it. It's late and I'm old and need to check out.

Interested to see what the next few days hold in this regard.
aggielostinETX
AG
As said, above, regardless of if you're covered tonight or not, you should join FBC just because they're the ones who are gonna carry this forward, and if it ends of the supreme court, they are the ones who are going to argue it, and we need the best representation possible.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
stetson
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

This 'only applies to members' injunction is lame. Where is the Hawaiian judge to issue a ruling that says it applies to everyone?
This. Regardless, I had never heard of FPC and will join because they fight for 2A and their members.
FJB
ChemEAg08
AG
So no updates today?
GarryowenAg
AG
4 said:

I'm with you. If they are KNOWINGLY misleading people, that's some serious **** they're getting themselves into. And I'm not saying they are.

I'd love to see a further clarification from the court on this, because the first one clearly leaves some ambiguity floating around.

I may just be too old and have seen this kind of crap too many times to be trusting, but they can always tell everyone that they believe... keyword "believe" ... That new members are covered, and if at a later date the court clarifies that new members are not covered, then FPC can issue a statement saying, "Oops. Honest mistake. We honestly believed that new members were covered. Oh well, at least you are now a member of a great organization that will represent you moving forward".

Not saying that this is their game plan, but I've just seen this kind of stuff too many times to not ask a few questions...

I'm reading FPC's statement as if they're going to backdate all memberships to 1June22 as long as you purchase a membership by end of today. How do y'all read it?
BCOBQ98
AG
Just donated.

First time to do so and I'm frugal with my money but the other side gives towards their causes so we need to as well!
RK
AG
Donated.

Not that I am in possession of any braces or braced firearms, but just because they are doing good work.
Rockdoc
AG
Donated
Daddy-O5
AG

Skip ahead a minute or so to get through the sponsorship stuff. Agrees with your assessment. Plus, some commentary on the pending GOA case, which should result in some updated news/outcome today.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Donated
Fight, Fight , Fight!
Daddy-O5
AG
FPC is the one I've chosen to donate to as well, but don't forget about the other options GOA and SAF who both have pending suits in the courts. All good options.
aggieforester05
AG
I've been paying out a NRA (only because my range requires membership), American Suppressor Association, and GOA life membership for a couple of years. I was planning on doing FPC and 2AF life memberships after that, but I'm going to go ahead and join FPC now to help their cause.

Donating to these organizations who can enact real change via lawfare seems to be the only way to really make a difference these days. Keeping Democrats out of office, helps prevent new executive regulations and congressional legislation, but I don't see the Republicans proactively working to restore any of our lost rights in the near future. Pro gun legislation is all but a lost cause without a major political tide turning.

These organizations (NRA excluded) are making a real difference as evidenced by their recent court wins.
JB!98
AG
GarryowenAg said:

4 said:

I'm reading FPC's statement as if they're going to backdate all memberships to 1June22 as long as you purchase a membership by end of today. How do y'all read it?
I am going to join anyway, but has it been determined that we would be for sure grandfathered in if we join today?
AgLA06
AG
While that tweet says $20, the least amount it will allow you to enter is $30.
GarryowenAg
AG
AgLA06 said:

While that tweet says $20, the least amount it will allow you to enter is $30.
you can click "other" and enter $20.
AgLA06
AG
Wouldn't let me. Gave me an error at processing with a message that said $30 was the minimum.
Rockdoc
AG
AgLA06 said:

Wouldn't let me. Gave me an error at processing with a message that said $30 was the minimum.

Well $10 goes to the big guy.
BCOBQ98
AG
Same here... I splurged and did the 30.....
hunter2012
AG
In for $30, but I'll hedge and remove the brace for now too(not really a fan of it anyway).
2wealfth Man
AG
In for $30
KRamp90
AG
In for $30. Can't wait for my membership kit and patch!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
AgLA06 said:

GeorgiAg
AG
In
JB!98
AG
In. Those guys are probably getting their fair share of donations today.
jrb2019
AG
GOA just received a preliminary injunction too. Love the last minute actions.

https://www.gunowners.org/goa-gof-state-of-texas-secure-preliminary-injunction-against-biden-pistol-brace-ban/
Daddy-O5
AG
Quote:

This injunction applies to all members of Gun Owners of America and individuals employed directly by the State of Texas or its agencies.

Should be everyone. But it's something.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Chris over at VS puts it more eloquently than I do.

AG
This "rule", or whatever you want to call it will never withstand the courts. Said it from the beginning. There are so many things unconstitutional about it, it will die a quick death (though clearly not quick enough).

And if by some infinitesimally small chance it does make it through the courts, then see Bender's post above.
2wealfth Man
AG
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/fpc-restructures-its-membership-in-the-wake-of-the-injunction-blocking-atf-pistol-brace-enforcement-ban/amp/
plowboy1065
S
I contributed $55 just because it sounds like they truly fighting for the rights of the people

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.