Outdoors
Sponsored by

Update on pistol brace?

84,863 Views | 789 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Red Pear Realty
ShouldastayedataTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. Dubi said:

What does this mean for folks who received an amnesty form 1?

That the government knows they have it and know where it is, and where to go to get it when the ATF creates their next version of the rule.
JB!98
AG
So say a friend of mine has one of these weapons of mass destruction. I know he took no action other than signing up for some group that he cannot even remember who had some sort of injunction against the rule. Ummm...where does this guy stand now?

Again, asking for a friend.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
ShouldastayedataTm
JB!98 said:

So say a friend of mine has one of these weapons of mass destruction. I know he took no action other than signing up for some group that he cannot even remember who had some sort of injunction against the rule. Ummm...where does this guy stand now?

Again, asking for a friend.

The friend is still leaving it in the closet and not taking it out so as to prevent a hassle. Or else popping a longer barrel on it and betting no one bothers to look twice.
lp01
AG
If said friend was a member of FPC, or any other plaintiff in this specific case, then they are covered under this preliminary injunction is my understanding.
JB!98
AG
lp01 said:

If said friend was a member of FPC, or any other plaintiff in this specific case, then they are covered under this preliminary injunction is my understanding.

My friend is. Thanks.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Mr. Dubi
ShouldastayedataTm said:

That the government knows they have it and know where it is, and where to go to get it when the ATF creates their next version of the rule.

Once you are already on a list, how much does it really matter? We already had several registered thingies
ShouldastayedataTm
True. But registered things that are still legal versus registered things they will continue to try and make illegal.are different animals...
aggieforester05
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

ShouldastayedataTm said:

Once you are already on a list, how much does it really matter? We already had several registered thingies

They recently gave a dude 2.5 years in club fed for possession of an Evo with a stock that he didn't register. He had two legal suppressors but it didn't matter that he'd already been through the background check BS. ATF will run your life and shoot your dog if given even the slightest excuse. They are as souless and rotten as the scumbag gun control advocates that they work for.
tandy miller
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Mr. Dubi said:

ShouldastayedataTm said:

They recently gave a dude 2.5 years in club fed for possession of an Evo with a stock that he didn't register. He had two legal suppressors but it didn't matter that he'd already been through the background check BS. ATF will run your life and shoot your dog if given even the slightest excuse. They are as souless and rotten as the scumbag gun control advocates that they work for.
This. I genuinely do not understand why anyone who already owned an NFA item would not Form 1 before the impending brace rule. To me the downside way outweighs the positive. to each their own though
Daddy-O5
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

ShouldastayedataTm said:

It's not about being on a list, it's about providing an inventory. Just because you're on a list doesn't mean they know what's in your safe.
agsalaska
AG
I have not followed this thread in a while and I understand it may not make a lot of sense, but this is one list that I will never be on. No way. And it really sucks because I have a fairly bad case of tinnitus and would benefit greatly from using silencers, but no way.

I also do not have a CCW for the same reason.

You guys have more faith than I do.

Daddy-O5
AG
AgLA06
AG
Drives me nuts that they post that, but don't post what it and for whom it means anything.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/live/QHmspVYhM4Y
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
ShouldastayedataTm
General consensus right now seems to be the district court of northern Texas has issued a nationwide all encompassing injunction, basically meaning the ATF cannot enforce the pistol brace rule anywhere. However, local laws around such things are still in place meaning you are still screwed in places like California, Massachusettes, etc. But federally the brace rule is currently injoined and not enforceable. One link already posted by Red Pear above. Others to follow...
AgLA06
AG
Here's what I got from the video.

• Video says 5th circuit issued a stay (Texas, La, Ms).
  • Video says the 2A lawyers are interpreting it as saying it's nationwide.
  • Video indicates outside of 5th circuit, it's up to interpretation.
  • Video says their opinion is this will go to the Supreme Court because ATF wouldn't want this in the fifth circuit. for an appeal.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
At a bare minimum, the ruling covers the fifth circuit area of which Texas is a part. I'm not an attorney, but I would also think it is a nationwide injunction.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Daddy-O5
AG
aggieforester05
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Should have never left. A bunch of taxpayer money and gun rights lobby money was transferred to attorneys and reputable businesses were damaged. All for something that has zero impact on public safety and we ended up right back where we started. Gun control advocates and their goons are scum bags of the highest order.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Don't forget the fudds that were praising the ban. Lots of folks (even some on this board) are silly enough to think we should only be able to own single shot rifles for hunting and that the grabbers will stop there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.