Outdoors
Sponsored by

Update on pistol brace?

93,513 Views | 797 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tandy miller
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess SAF is the next one I need to join. FPC, check. GOA Life, check. TSRA Defender, check (though they don't get involved in any litigation that I am aware of...just joined for CMP stuff).

Noticeably absent, NRA. And I am NRA Life also. What ****ing happened to these guys?
Eliminatus
AG
Bregxit said:

I guess SAF is the next one I need to join. FPC, check. GOA Life, check. TSRA Defender, check (though they don't get involved in any litigation that I am aware of...just joined for CMP stuff).

Noticeably absent, NRA. And I am NRA Life also. What ****ing happened to these guys?
I swear once an org reaches a certain size it starts to end up loving the smell of it's own **** and the original mission and passion of the grass root beginnings dies in bureaucracy and cronyism/corruption. Doesn't matter what field really. Seen it happen at least a dozen times now in my life with orgs I have been part of or closely connected to. The NRA I grew up with is not the NRA of today. There are some reasons I can think that had a role in that change but this is not an NRA bashing thread. But we also cannot deny the obvious that the NRA has NOT been leading the fight against 2A regulation in some time now. (also Lapierre still somehow being CEO should tell you all you need to know)
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

FEDERAL JUDGE CLARIFIES SAF MEMBERS PROTECTED BY PISTOL BRACE INJUNCTION
BELLEVUE, WA

A federal judge has clarified the scope of an injunction in a Second Amendment Foundation challenge to the Biden administration's new "Arm Brace Rule." The case is known as SAF, et.al. v. ATF, et. al .

SAF is joined in the case by Rainier Arms, LLC and two private citizens, Samuel Walley and William Green. They are represented by attorney Chad Flores at Flores Law in Houston, Texas.

In her prior order granting the preliminary injunction, U.S. District Judge Jane J. Boyle wrote, "The Court grants in part the Motion and issues a preliminary injunction as to Plaintiffs in this case only," leaving a question as to whether the injunction applied to members of SAF. Late yesterday, SAF filed a motion to clarify the scope of the injunction. Today, Judge Boyle clarified the prior order with a new order and in a docket entry which stated, "The Court confirms that its Preliminary Injunction Order applies to both the Second Amendment Foundation, Inc. and its members."

"SAF has received numerous inquiries from individuals as to whether the injunction covered our members," said SAF Executive Director Adam Kraut. "Our attorney had attempted to reach an understanding with the government as to the scope of the injunction and coverage of our members. When it became apparent that the parties were not seeing eye to eye on the matter, despite the 5th Circuit's clarification in another case on this exact point, we asked the court for clarification. We are pleased to see that Judge Boyle agrees with our interpretation and that our members are indeed protected under this injunction."

SAF offers several different tiers of memberships which are available at https://www.saf.org/join-saf/. Annual membership is $15, a five-year membership is $50 and a life membership is $150. Membership is effective upon date of receipt.

For questions regarding membership, please contact info@saf.org.

Daddy-O5
AG
Bregxit said:

Political organization at this point. That's it.
TheVarian
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Chris over at VS puts it more eloquently than I do.

Woomer is the man
Daddy-O5
AG
Join SAF, also buy from Rainier Arms every once in a while. They seem like a pretty solid company.
BenderRodriguez
AG
TheVarian said:

Woomer is the man

Solid dude for sure. Took his 3D Carbine class out at DARC last month. Fantastic course and instructor.
Daddy-O5
AG
BenderRodriguez
AG
250k registrations. Out of an estimated 4-10 million braces.

And most of those were probably already guys who had nfa stuff who were like "sure, an extra free stamp".

Good. Americans doing American things.

Non compliance is beautiful.
aggieforester05
AG
This entire thing was so incredibly pointless and stupid. There's zero legitimate public safety angles for them to even argue. What a monumental waste of time and resources!
O.G.
This attorney does a pretty good job of describing it.

Sublette County
AG
Great video that is partially ruined by really poor math. 250k out of 10 million is 2.5%, not 0.025%. The point still stands that there is massive noncompliance, but geez…math isn't that hard.
Breggy Popup
AG
civilaggie2011 said:

Great video that is partially ruined by really poor math. 250k out of 10 million is 2.5%, not 0.025%. The point still stands that there is massive noncompliance, but geez…math isn't that hard.
It was probably a mistake in the script or his notes (.025 is 2.5%).

Math isn't that hard, but speaking perfectly so some sewer engineer on the internet doesn't get his panties in a wad definitely is hard.
BrazosDog02
AG
My 'random dude selling me guns from his car' purchases have really exceeded my store purchases for many reasons shown in this thread. No questions. No paperwork. It's like an easy version of "Cash for Guns".
AgLA06
AG
I don't disagree.

However, this isn't live. If you're going to try and be the voice of others, have someone edit the video for you and ensure your facts are correct.
SKY1
It appears the State of Texas is covered by the injunction per this youtube video....

agingcowboy
AG
That's interesting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Breggy Popup
AG
AgLA06 said:

I don't disagree.

However, this isn't live. If you're going to try and be the voice of others, have someone edit the video for you and ensure your facts are correct.

Youtubers with 200k subs don't hire video editors.
AgLA06
AG
Sad he doesn't have a single friend or wife. And if he's that irrelevant, Why are you so surprised he screwed it up?
ChemEAg08
AG
SKY1 said:

It appears the State of Texas is covered by the injunction per this youtube video....

Anyone for a link to the Texas v ATF case? Haven't been able to find it searching the internet…
Breggy Popup
AG
AgLA06 said:

Sad he doesn't have a single friend or wife. And if he's that irrelevant, Why are you so surprised he screwed it up?

I sense projection. Go derail another thread.
AgLA06
AG
So your cool with a guy speaking for you and me getting facts wrong on a 2a case that's most likely going to the Supreme Court? This stuff makes all of us look bad.

If someone disagreeing with you is trolling, maybe a discussion board isn't for you.
Breggy Popup
AG
AgLA06 said:

So your cool with a guy speaking for you and me getting facts wrong on a 2a case that's most likely going to the Supreme Court? This stuff makes all of us look bad.

If someone disagreeing with you is trolling, maybe a discussion board isn't for you.

No one speaks for me. I find YT videos informative and am educated enough to know that mistakes/misspeaking happens. I simply pointed out the probable reason he made the mistake. You inferred from that that I give a rat's ass. I don't. If your reading comprehension is that horrid, maybe a discussion board isn't for you either.

Kindly **** right back off to Los Angeles or Louisiana or wherever you're from.
Sublette County
AG
Continuing the derail, but oh well.

I guess I kind of get your point, but shouldn't anyone with any common sense be able to instantly know that 250k/10mil is way more than 0.025%? That's more than an editing mistake, it's an error that should be evident as soon as it's said. Unless you're ******ed when it comes to numbers I guess. It's off by two orders of magnitude!

Also I'm not a sewer engineer, or an engineer of any sort anymore. But your point seemed to be that only nerds care about mathematical accuracy? That's pretty sad.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
One of the earlier videos had a guy that stated they think the number is actually closer to 40MM. I am assuming that number is being used to minimize the % compliance
ldg397
AG
civilaggie2011 said:

Continuing the derail, but oh well.

I guess I kind of get your point, but shouldn't anyone with any common sense be able to instantly know that 250k/10mil is way more than 0.025%? That's more than an editing mistake, it's an error that should be evident as soon as it's said. Unless you're ******ed when it comes to numbers I guess. It's off by two orders of magnitude!

Also I'm not a sewer engineer, or an engineer of any sort anymore. But your point seemed to be that only nerds care about mathematical accuracy? That's pretty sad.

I think most people recognize the math isn't quite right. Speaking for myself I thought that doesn't sound quite right I should check that math? Then I thought why waste my time 250k out of 10 million is still a very small number and based on how he got his numbers the reality is even a smaller number and I let it go. Not worthy of my time.
RK
AG
y'all are really "June'ing" up this thread.
ldg397
AG
RK said:

And this comment didn't??
AgLA06
AG
ldg397 said:

RK said:

And this comment didn't??

Unfortunately this board is slowly becoming like the others where a couple people self appoint themselves the moderators and no one else is allowed an opinion.
BlitzGD
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

SKY1 said:

Anyone for a link to the Texas v ATF case? Haven't been able to find it searching the internet…
Unfortunately, unles there has been a clarification, the video is wrong...

https://www.gunowners.org/wp-content/uploads/Tipton-Order.pdf

Note 9 clearly states that the Injunction only applies to Texas State Employees. They specifically declined the invitation to extend to the sovereign borders.
Quarterback can't throw the ball lying on his back.
plowboy1065
S
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/biden-and-atf-just-created-29-million-felons
Daddy-O5
AG
NRA piggybacking off the SAF. Better late than never I guess.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nagr-nra-move-to-protect-their-members-from-atfs-pistol-brace-ban-enforcement/amp/

Armed scholar echos my thoughts.

Avoiding the temptation to use eye roll emoji at the NRA.

ETA: Once again, get past click baity headline. Good content in the video.
Daddy-O5
AG
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The NRA saw their members flocking to the other 3 and decided they ought to put in the minimal effort necessary to feign caring.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4045638-white-house-pistol-brace-ban/

Quote:

White House threatens to veto GOP resolution against its pistol brace ban

The White House on Monday renewed its support for the Biden administration's pistol brace ban, threatening to veto a resolution that has been linked to the House conservatives' revolt.

The GOP resolution disapproves of the Department of Justice's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) rule relating to "Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached 'Stabilizing Braces,'" which the Biden administration released in January.

The rule, which has been a target of conservatives since Attorney General Merrick Garland announced it, would reclassify pistols that have a stabilizing brace as short-barreled rifles and require those with existing pistols that have stabilizing braces to have registered with the government by May 31, 2023.

But, last week the resolution's sponsor, Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.), claimed that GOP leadership told him if he didn't support advancing the debt limit deal, the resolution would be tough to bring to the floor. House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.) has denied the claim and that leadership is working to bring it to the floor, Fox News reported.

The president made clear Monday that if the resolution reached his desk, he would veto it.

"Even though Congressional Republicans should take additional action to keep these and other dangerous weapons off our streets, they are instead pushing a resolution to reverse this rule and the progress we have made to enforce existing statutory requirements on these dangerous weapons," according to the White House's Statement of Administration Policy.

The House Judiciary Committee was set to mark up a resolution to nullify the rule in March but postponed it following the mass shooting at a Nashville, Tenn....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.