Outdoors
Sponsored by

***** Waterfowl Season 2018 - 19 *****

40,377 Views | 329 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gonemaroon
DUman08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am little behind on getting post up but we have had a steller season so far limits or near limits every hunt. We also are killing alot of different species. I hope this is just the beginning of good hunts in the future.

giddings_ag_06
AG
Holy photo filter!!
agfan2013
AG
What kind of bird is that with the jewelry? Looks like y'all have been knocking them down pretty good.

I got up early this morning and walked out to the tank before getting ready for work and we did have 5 ducks on it, but they saw me before I could get close enough for a shot unfortunately. Don't know what kind they were. Might have to go back out this afternoon and see if anything is hanging around.

Edit: meant thumbs up.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Speck
aggiebonzo
AG
Anyone know how long and what temp for smoking duck poppers? I've always done them on a grill but would like to use the smoker. Was guessing 2 hours at 250 should do it?
TexasAg2017
AG
Anyone headed out in the morning? Looks like I'm gonna hike back into the Sam and give it another go.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Good looking dogs, too!
PharmD4
AG
Same weekend!
DUman08
AG
Shoot me an email.
FrontPorchAg
edit: picture won't load
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
saltydog13
AG
yall actually got the spoonie mojo
PharmD4
AG
Couple more teal and wigeon yesterday. Didn't seem like there were any new ducks in the area...Still beats sleeping in and missing this with a coffee in hand.

AgLA06
AG
I know nothing about the area, but your photos look like primo mule deer country.
FrontPorchAg
We have great mule deer. It's not as good as Wyoming but it's pretty damn good. If you are looking for good places to draw OOS for Mules I would suggest the Ruby Mountain Range, Toyiabes (South of Austin Nevada) and the Jarbridge near the Idaho border.
Also North is Great Basin NP has some serious trophy's but is hard to draw.

This morning I was sitting in my duck blind and two Hunter about 6-700 yards away unwittingly flush an 8 point ~250 -300lb buck straight to me. No tag but it was amazing to watch that big boy go straight into the water and swim.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Should be fun in the morning...

AgLA06
AG
Are any of the places you mentioned where those photos were taken or is it impossible to draw their for a Texas boy?
saltydog13
AG
How many of y'all use a kayak to get from the ramp/launch to your spot and what lights do you use? I have the legal 360 degree light and a bright headlamp wanting to make sure that's enough
gonemaroon
AG

Last Monday -
FrontPorchAg
AgLA06 said:

Are any of the places you mentioned where those photos were taken or is it impossible to draw their for a Texas boy?

The waterfowl pictures are near Carson city and Fallon NAS. And have decent but not great muleys

The places I mentioned have better muleys. I don't know what the OOS odds are on draws. This is the first year I didn't get a tag of some sort but I attribute that to the new computer system. My buddy in California has drawn a couple of cow elk in NV but keeps turning them in because he wants the points for a bull hunt.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Where was this? Background looks familiar... are you on a club?
gonemaroon
AG
Pintail Hunting Club in Garwood
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Cool! Likes like a property we hunt but I'm sure that's because it's close by.
FirefightAg
AG
third coast.. said:

did you used to be firefight ag or something like that? if not, i wonder where that guy went.

That guy had 2 kids in 17 months

Still try to get out just dont get too as much and even less scouting. Usually just post to instagram and thats about it.

AgBQ-00
AG
Looks like a cold front is going to blow through DFW on Sunday. Debating on whether to hunt the day before the front or the day of the front. Have to choose one unfortunately cannot get out for both. Which day do you think will see the most bird movement?
1990AG
AG
Damn I miss Texas
CS78
With some recent health issues, this is the first duck season in about 30 where I hadn't even hunted by this time. Finally said screw it and forced myself out of bed early. Passed the black Friday line at Academy at 4:15 and had to wonder what the hell is wrong with people.

Bell county was good to us again. If the water is right, November is usually a sure thing. South wind at 10-12 made for nice decoying. Good morning to get back in the swing.

slammerag
AG
Just got a half dozen Dakota fully flocked mallards. First time handling flocked decoys and finish seems fragile. Anyone have any experience with flocked decoys?
Kearney McRaven
[url=.html][/url]

same kid, same type of ducks, same place...but back in 2013.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Nice strap of widgeon!
mneisch
AG
8 birds between 2 guys in Brazoria County on Saturday. 5 BWT, 2 spoonies and a pintail. Birds were moving very well at legal light.
agfan2013
AG

A few widgeon after work yesterday. Kinda surprising as I don't usually see those on the farm tanks, but I'll take it!
AgBQ-00
AG
Had the perfect shot at a ring neck on saturday. My safety was on and he flew away. My dog looked at me in complete disgust
FrontPorchAg
AgBQ-00 said:

Had the perfect shot at a ring neck on saturday. My safety was on and he flew away. My dog looked at me in complete disgust

I flat out missed two mallards today. Just behind them. I got the same response from my dog.
Panfish
AG
Went by myself the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and limited out by about 8:30.

[img][/img]

Went back Friday morning and didn't even shoulder my gun - nothing was flying. But I did enjoy this beautiful sunrise and a good cup of coffee.

[img][/img]
DuckDown2013
AG
DUman08 said:

When in December myself and couple Ags were drawn also Dec 14-16th.

I also got drawn 14-16th! I'll be solo. Would love to link up with you guys!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.