Outdoors
Sponsored by

***** Waterfowl Season 2018 - 19 *****

40,373 Views | 329 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gonemaroon
DuckDown2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any Dallas ags available for a Friday hunt? I've found em on public land and figured I'd throw an invite out instead of hunting solo again. 2 hours east of downtown Dallas. 20 minute walk in. No dogs. Don't have to be a super experienced hunter, but definitely some experience is preferred. Pm if interested and maybe we can work something out!
FirefightAg
AG
Can't PM or I'd be a very possible. Like 95%

aggiebonzo
AG
I would be in if we didn't have our annual sales presentations on Friday. Let me know if you ever make it out there again and id love to join. Moved to Dallas Three years ago and the public land I hunt in Denton County is my only spot i know of that I can walk in.
DuckDown2013
AG
Email sent!
DuckDown2013
AG
If you can dm, send me a message. Will probably be hunting next week too. I usually always hunt solo during weekdays because the rest of my crew can only hunt weekends.
Stormchaser
AG
I can probably do a weekday next week, I also can't dm.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Went on my first Canada goose hunt in CO while there on business. Hunt was slow, apparently not a lot of birds have been pushed down from Idaho and further north, but I had an absolute blast! Sooo much easier to shoot one of these things than the GWT I have been shooting lately.

Hoping to make one more trip out there once a hard blizzard pushes the birds down.

FirefightAg
AG
saltydog13
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Half limits for 4.... my share:
txaggie02
AG
Making a quick trip to CS right now to hammer them this evening. Couldn't stand screwing around the house knowing there are a pile of birds in our honey hole right now. Will report back shortly.
saltydog13
AG
Awaiting pics of a limit of greenheads with a pintail
txaggie02
AG
Uhhhh, this is shaping up nicely!!!! 5 greenheads with 7 shells in 15 mins. Would love to cap it off with a woodie or pintail drake!

dr_boogs
AG
I live in BCS and would be glad to join you sometime if you have an opening. Been duck hunting all my life, never have had much luck finding solid hunting around BCS. Would gladly cover gas, drinks, etc.
PharmD4
AG
Tried hunting in the evening to change things up and bust this slump of late... nothing.

It's bad when you are duck hunting and get closer to pigs and deer than ducks.
txaggie02
AG
Ended up finishing out a limit with a nice, mature gadwall. Can't believe the amount of mallards out there. Saw easily 1,000+ and had them swimming in the decoys after I shot my max of 5. One was a total stud. Biggest greenhead I've ever shot. If I didn't have one on the wall already, this one would definitely be there. In the first pic below, he's on the far right. Look at the size of that head!

dr_boogs
AG
Great pics. Gadwalls are seriously underrated. Just picked up my woodie and mallard drake today from the taxidermist in Arkansas.
txaggie02
AG
dr, I may have a spot next weekend. You going to be around? Not 100% what my plans are, but I may make a trip to knock a few more birds down.
dr_boogs
AG
Little girl's birthday is this coming weeekend and I'll have family in town. I've been away two weeks between work and my week in AR. Shoot me a text. Would love to visit offline.
mneisch
AG
Pretty incredible strap of birds, almost makes me disappointed to have slept in this morning.
DuckDown2013
AG
Shoot me a text! Twoonezero-365-8620
DuckDown2013
AG
That make great table mounts, too!
DuckDown2013
AG
This front has them all screwed up! Seems like the last week of the season is shaping up great!
saltydog13
AG
Looks like 2 more fronts this week before the final weekend.
AgLA06
AG
If no one's a taker, I'd be interested. Are waders needed?
mneisch
AG
Took my 3 year old son on his first ever hunt yesterday. We only shot a lone gadwall drake, but it was my best hunt so far this year. He still can't stop talking about it.
giddings_ag_06
AG
First greenheads of the year down. It's been a slooow year, but still fun having a dog for the first time.

Badace52
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Half limits for 4.... my share:

That's such a nice looking grouping, I'd have to consider mounting the whole thing. Where did you shoot that assortment of species?
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FSGuide
This past weekend I went on a trip with my B-I-L and some clients and other guys he knows to Abernathy, TX. There were 11 shooters. We hunted Geese Friday morning and averaged out at 3 birds per hunter. There were A LOT of geese but something about our spread was spooking most of them. They looked like they were gonna commit and then they'd veer off at the last minute. I think a couple guys were moving and/or sticking their phones out for video but I can't be 100% sure of that.

Saturday morning we hunted Sandhill Cranes and we whacked the **** out of them. All 11 shooters + the 2 guides were limited out by 9am. We hunted the cranes out of a trailer that was disguised as a giant tumbleweed. It was a pretty sweet setup. This was my first time to hunt either species and I'd put it right up there with helicopter hog hunting on the old fun-o-meter.

I'll try to get some pics uploaded tomorrow.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Just outside of blessing. It was a really diverse bag in total. 4 of us only shot a half limit but we bailed early.

Bufflehead, Redhead, BWT (2), GWT (2), Drake Ruddy, Spoonies (2), Widgeon, and Gadwall (2).

Last year I had a hunt with 9 different species of duck in a 4 man limit... that was really cool!
Badace52
AG
Nice!! Any pics of the drake ruddy??
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mneisch
AG
I really want to shoot some cranes, but can't bring myself to essentially pay $100/bird for a guided hunt.
mneisch
AG
Unfortunately my phone went for a swim yesterday, so no pictures of our haul. Luckily I had sent this one to my wife.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Not really but I do of my bufflehead! Can't wait for him to get mounted.
Badace52
AG
Yeah, that't the mount I want more than any other. I have a woodie and a combo BWT/GWT so far.
CM

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.