Outdoors
Sponsored by

Workshop Thread

802,960 Views | 1839 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SECond2noneAgs
CrossTimbersW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm just praying that Log actually exists.
I exist dammit.
DifferenceMaker Ag
So I watch basketball, eat dinner, go to bed and only now stumble across this?? I feel cheated. Crestfallen. Utterly broken. This has be a record-setting thread. I kept expecting to find out the color of his crap at some point while I read through this brilliant display of TexAgs awesomeness. Unbelievable job by all contributors.

I realize it's getting old by now, but just for full disclosure purposes... I am an Ag (ag tag lost during tragic permaban for a pron blast), and I technically have made a difference, though philosophically that isn't really saying much.

Charpie
AG
Morning!!
Aggielandma12
AG
Someone with a lot of free time needs to post an executive summary thread. I'm thinking bullet points highlighting all the different lies.
wbt5845
AG
Most late teens to early 20's kids feign embarrassment of their parents in order to stake out some kind of personal space.

This guy's kid is not feigning.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
quote:
Wait, so is the user Cbarnes16 his son then..... ? Someone noted his son worked for the team in some fashion and cbarnes16 profile shows him to be from montgomery as well....... So bizarre.

It is his son.

It's not his fault his father is a lunatic.

Definitely shouldn't bring his son into this. Bad bull.
el aggie
AG
I am not Spanish . . .
BlackGold
AG
quote:
I am not Spanish . . .

What is Aggie Spanish for?
BCO07
AG
I'm so glad this is still here
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
Someone with a lot of free time needs to post an executive summary thread. I'm thinking bullet points highlighting all the different lies.

no summary could do this justice. I encourage everyone to read all the way through. seriously.

You will miss out on decades of golden Texags inside jokes if you dont.
jeffk
AG
Good morning!

Offer for some MoCo reconnaissance still stands.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wait, so is the user Cbarnes16 his son then..... ? Someone noted his son worked for the team in some fashion and cbarnes16 profile shows him to be from montgomery as well....... So bizarre.

It is his son.

No...but if his son really were on here you think he wouldn't call BS on the things his dad posted that were blatant lies....his house, cars, hobbies, bunker, etc....i mean if not publicly at least privately....or run to defend him here......

which leads me to believe although the son may be real his account on here may not be real...could be his dad posing as his son.

trouble
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is his son.

No...but if his son really were on here you think he wouldn't call BS on the things his dad posted that were blatant lies....his house, cars, hobbies, bunker, etc....i mean if not publicly at least privately....or run to defend him here......

which leads me to believe although the son may be real his account on here may not be real...could be his dad posing as his son.

Or maybe his kid doesn't post on the same forums.

My kid and I don't frequent the same boards here. I don't know most of what he posts and I don't go looking for it.

I wouldn't assume the son keeps up with what dad is posting.
ac04
phatbc
yeah I finally trudged through this thread last night after being oblivious to it all day. was out shooting some sporting clays. we do need a summary, someone with more free time than he/she knows what to do with. a nice complicated flow chart to be exact.

that and lots of photoshopped heads.
jj9000
texrover91
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is his son.

A father / son sock - that would be epic!

Kind of like "team Doss"

Aggielandma12
AG
A history timeline would be nice as well

Punked Shank
AG
I've seen doss references multiple times...

Any quick notes on what the doss event was?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
As great as this thread is, it goes to 11 when you read it in Keith Morrison's voice.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2012/12/Keith-Morrison.jpg
tylang06
quote:
another post found...his stating that he is a petroleum engineer...which is fraud / misrepresentation if someone can find any of his "signed" MSA's.

Comment by Mark F Barnes on April 5, 2012 at 5:00pm
To Robert, Because I'm at home right now, Smart guy, to answer your question. But don't try to take things out of context. I didn't say ALL the time, Just during critical operations. (i.e. Running Casing, Cementing, Tripping Pipe, on choke for whatever reason, drilling or otherwise. Prior to every critical operation, there should be a pre-job safety meeting on the floor, everybody on tour should be in attendance. Same with Pre-tour meetings. Communication is a big key to all of this. That's why I prefer Walkie Talkies to intercoms, Before I sign a Master Service Agreement with any client, I have certain standards that my company requires. And the things I just mention above are spelled out in my own MSA. If a client or Drilling contractor wishes not to participate in such practices, they can find someone else to do their work. To Zane: Your response to any a****** that is calling your doghouse should be this, "My hands and Myself are working at a safe comfortable speed, that is afforded me, per my HSE Manager." I assure you, unless he's just a Yahoo redneck, cram and ram, unprofessional, he will responde with "Just do the best you can.", because if he starts in on you again, or threatens your job, whatever, he has just opened himself up to major liability. Not only to him, but the operator he is suppose to be representing. He's been watching too much "Black Gold" on TV. Document your interactions with this individual, and always remain professional yourself. You cannot be pushed beyond your safe comfort level, legally or otherwise. If it's taken to the next level you will own his a**. If anyone reading this has a hand (Company Man) wearing the Green Barnes Consulting Services Inc. Logo on there person, and is acting this way, feel free to contact me directly.
Mark F. Barnes P.E.
PresidentBarnes Consulting Services Inc.
28X-645-6591 Houston Office
28X-645-6295 Office Fax
97X-314-4302 Bryan Office
41X-894-7159 Pittsburg Office
93X-520-7829 Cell
mfbarnes@barnesconsultingservices.comRead more: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xxtMXiXmqbkJ:www.drillingahead.com/page/patterson-uti-rig-235-death-worker-dies-in-fall-from-derrick%3Fpage%3D2+&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us#ixzz3Uu96hoDc

Anglo-Dutch won half a million off this dude because he falsely represented himself then screwed up one of their wells in south Louisiana.

I don't know who in their right mind thinks a PhD holding petroleum engineer is going to go sit on a rig. You may find guys in the field with masters degrees, but that's very uncommon also. It amazes me that anyone ever believed anything about his work history period. It all sounds completely ridiculous to anyone with any working knowledge of the oilfield.

I mean, VP of drilling at Texaco, then retired and goes and sits rigs? I'm not saying that it's not possible, but... Whatever, I'm going to stop before I get myself in trouble.
bdgol07
AG
quote:
I've seen doss references multiple times...

Any quick notes on what the doss event was?

No one speaks of Doss.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
another post found...his stating that he is a petroleum engineer...which is fraud / misrepresentation if someone can find any of his "signed" MSA's.

To Robert, Because I'm at home right now, Smart guy, to answer your question. But don't try to take things out of context. I didn't say ALL the time, Just during critical operations. (i.e. Running Casing, Cementing, Tripping Pipe, on choke for whatever reason, drilling or otherwise. Prior to every critical operation, there should be a pre-job safety meeting on the floor, everybody on tour should be in attendance. Same with Pre-tour meetings. Communication is a big key to all of this. That's why I prefer Walkie Talkies to intercoms, Before I sign a Master Service Agreement with any client, I have certain standards that my company requires. And the things I just mention above are spelled out in my own MSA. If a client or Drilling contractor wishes not to participate in such practices, they can find someone else to do their work. To Zane: Your response to any a****** that is calling your doghouse should be this, "My hands and Myself are working at a safe comfortable speed, that is afforded me, per my HSE Manager." I assure you, unless he's just a Yahoo redneck, cram and ram, unprofessional, he will responde with "Just do the best you can.", because if he starts in on you again, or threatens your job, whatever, he has just opened himself up to major liability. Not only to him, but the operator he is suppose to be representing. He's been watching too much "Black Gold" on TV. Document your interactions with this individual, and always remain professional yourself. You cannot be pushed beyond your safe comfort level, legally or otherwise. If it's taken to the next level you will own his a**. If anyone reading this has a hand (Company Man) wearing the Green Barnes Consulting Services Inc. Logo on there person, and is acting this way, feel free to contact me directly.
Mark F. Barnes P.E.
28X-645-6295 Office Fax
93X-520-7829 Cell
mfbarnes@barnesconsultingservices.comRead more: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xxtMXiXmqbkJ:www.drillingahead.com/page/patterson-uti-rig-235-death-worker-dies-in-fall-from-derrick%3Fpage%3D2+&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us#ixzz3Uu96hoDc

anyone get the sense he answers all of those phone lines (forwarded to one cell phone)...and does so in different voices ala Better Call Saul.

tylang06
Hahahaha. No doubt
Madman
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mark F. Barnes P.E.
28X-645-6295 Office Fax
93X-520-7829 Cell

anyone get the sense he answers all of those phone lines (forwarded to one cell phone)...and does so in different voices ala Better Call Saul.

Answering services are cheaper than you might guess.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yes but pathological liars have to answer it themselves to keep all the stories straight.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
quote:

Mark F. Barnes P.E.
28X-645-6295 Office Fax
93X-520-7829 Cell

Anglo-Dutch won half a million off this dude because he falsely represented himself then screwed up one of their wells in south Louisiana.

I don't know who in their right mind thinks a PhD holding petroleum engineer is going to go sit on a rig. You may find guys in the field with masters degrees, but that's very uncommon also. It amazes me that anyone ever believed anything about his work history period. It all sounds completely ridiculous to anyone with any working knowledge of the oilfield.

I mean, VP of drilling at Texaco, then retired and goes and sits rigs? I'm not saying that it's not possible, but... Whatever, I'm going to stop before I get myself in trouble.

I've tried looking for his MSA but can't find it. I know most of our drilling contractors though, and his company is definitely not one of them, yet he says he's done work for my company. I call BS. There is a lot of red tape you have to go through to get on our approved vendors list, and I highly doubt he was able to get through it.

All of that pales in comparison to claiming you're a PE. Pretty sure there's some serious legal issues there.
Natasha Romanoff
Can I just say how happy I am that I got to witness a truly great moment in TexAgs history? Thank you to Guitarsoup and CanyonAg for their work in uncovering this scumbag and starting it all.

I don't know what's real or fake anymore, but it's okay because this is so great.
KW02
AG
Up at work at 6:30 to catch back up.
jeffk
AG
Has anyone thought to check other fansites for his accounts? He could also be catfishing the horns, raiders, bears or frogs.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm having 50,000 of these made up. Let me know if you want to buy one.

Talon2DSO
AG
So my wife came up with a wicked yet realistic thought. What if Barnes is still among us going after "Barnes" but as someone else? What if he changed his handle months or even years ago to establish an alter ego in the event Barnes was compromised?

Either way, I'm so proud to have read this thread. I didn't read all the pages and I was stuck wanting to know more about the twins in a pic back on page 30-something.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I'll crosspost this here for the non M&W premium crowd....I was up around 4 am and just looking around.....

OMG...middle of the night searching around.....found this in a movie review on IMDB from 2006 he claims to have been an uncredited role (a voice in a well) in a 1973 movie....sounds like all his other BS.

quote:
Quote:Encounter with the Unknown (1973)
From an insiders view
20 November 2006 - 11 out of 16 users found this review helpful.
The pretense of the plot was that the hole was the gates to Hell. At least that is what I was told on the set. I was the voice of the boy in "the hole". The sound for that was actually done @ Century studios in Dallas. Brian Hooper and myself spent a day doing sound effects and voice tapes. The sound from the actual hole was me in the bottom of a concrete cistern calling "Lady" over and over. Was a very good movie, being able to work with Harry Thomason and meeting Rod Sterling was a great thrill for me as an eleven year old kid. Brian Hooper was almost my step father, and still remains a great friend. He bought me my first car when I turned 16. He is now retired and living in East Texas on a farm. My mother was a script girl on this gig, she was credited at the end Jackie Barnes and I was uncredited, Brian was who got us involved, an got my Mom her start in the industry. I just got a DVD copy and I am watching it as we speak. I haven't seen this in over twenty years. My 15 minutes.
somehow i'm doubting his mom is jackie barnes

and then......

in the message boards for that film he also claims to have tried to get IMDB to update the credits for the film - presumably to include him and/or his mom.

Claims his mom is credited on the VHS tape of it but not on IMDB.

quote:
Quote:I have tried to send updates to IMDB on the credits listed, because they are in desperate need of updating, guess the process is slow.

Either he lied or IMDB didn't buy it.

oh and he screwed up Rod Serling's name

GarryowenAg
AG
Just caught up. Gotta head to work now.
trouble
AG
That's on either this thread or the automotive one as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.