AggieNetwork.com gives us a bit more than I figured.

74,006 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Malachi Constant
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cr0wbar said:

Pardon the bump - anyone have any luck deleting their account? I can't seem to get it done

I think we have to contact some administrator at Aggienetwork.Com
Al Bula
AG
Pman17 said:

cr0wbar said:

Pardon the bump - anyone have any luck deleting their account? I can't seem to get it done
No, I'm trying to figure out how to delete photos by year.

For anyone going from Google Photos to iCloud Photos, this tool fixes the stupid metadata separation in google takeout. It's $25 but worth it.

https://metadatafixer.com/

I should be done with my photos migration this week so I can delete. Still gonna keep the email.
what is the problem with metadata? I am a nerd when it comes to timestamps and geotag.
Pman17
AG
When I do a takeout, it separates the images from the metadata. So if I just drag an image to Photos, those photos were taken the day I dragged them, not when they were actually taken. So my camera roll gets messed up and photos are jumbled. The metadata is separated to JSON files.
wee_ag
AG
Just lost complete access to my drive.
Spotted Ag
AG
wee_ag said:

Just great. Mine also.
Saxsoon
AG
I lost a really important document to me, kind of pissed off.
Pman17
AG
yep...

I think I got everything. I've been deleting my Photos. Got all of that moved over to Apple.
Saxsoon
AG
I liked having a unique signifier on my email but this ended my relationship with the account. The rest of the stuff I didn't mind as much
txyaloo
AG
wee_ag said:

Same. This is strange. My understanding was existing storage would stay even if you were over the new 15gb limit. I would have thought the Association would have sent out a notice before completely disabling things. Mine is down too, and I had a ton of data stored still
CDub06
AG
I'd offloaded everything (as far as I know), but I'm surprised I've lost complete access to the drive for this account. If anyone gets an answer on the "why" there, please let us know.
aTm2004
AG
I thought we had at least a gig. Not sure why we didn't get the 15 gigs of a standard account.
CDub06
AG
Quote:

As discussed in those updates, each user's 10 gigabytes of storage will be limited to Gmail and Google Photos. Beginning Aug. 1, Google Drive will be fully disabled for all accounts, and files left in your Google Drive may become unrecoverable at that point.
From the email from the Association. I guess I focused on the 10 GB piece and not the "limited to gmail and google photos" piece. So, I guess we did have fair warning.
txyaloo
AG
CDub06 said:

Quote:

As discussed in those updates, each user's 10 gigabytes of storage will be limited to Gmail and Google Photos. Beginning Aug. 1, Google Drive will be fully disabled for all accounts, and files left in your Google Drive may become unrecoverable at that point.
From the email from the Association. I guess I focused on the 10 GB piece and not the "limited to gmail and google photos" piece. So, I guess we did have fair warning.
Ahhhh I forgot about that. I had 4-5TB stored. Mostly media I was using with a VPS for streaming. Thankfully everything was backed up locally but a last warning would have been nice
Pman17
AG
RIP
Malachi Constant
AG
This whole thing really turned out to be garbage from the association and Google.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.