AggieNetwork.com gives us a bit more than I figured.

74,063 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Malachi Constant
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
been putting this off. messed with it a little this morning and starting to understand what a pain in the ass this is going to be.
AgsMyDude
AG
Why not use Google takeout to transfer?
double aught
AG
kyledr04 said:

So does the transfer process from aggienetwork to another Gmail move the drive and photos? Are photos separate or naturally part of the drive? It wasn't clear when I started it. I already bought more space on my main gmail.

Also, for anyone with an Aggie spouse that also got the Google drive space that you could share with family. How move their photos? Did you move it to your gmail or theirs?
This is the issue I'm running into. It's unclear (to me at least) how to move photos from my aggienetwork Google Photos app my Google Photos app linked to my main google/gmail account.
Malachi Constant
AG
Sorry for the dumb question but what is Google takeout?

I suppose I could Google it…
AgsMyDude
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Sorry for the dumb question but what is Google takeout?

I suppose I could Google it…

https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2615075/replies/61976996
TxAggieBand85
AG
double aught said:

kyledr04 said:

So does the transfer process from aggienetwork to another Gmail move the drive and photos? Are photos separate or naturally part of the drive? It wasn't clear when I started it. I already bought more space on my main gmail.

Also, for anyone with an Aggie spouse that also got the Google drive space that you could share with family. How move their photos? Did you move it to your gmail or theirs?
This is the issue I'm running into. It's unclear (to me at least) how to move photos from my aggienetwork Google Photos app my Google Photos app linked to my main google/gmail account.
I was able to move, 100% done from Aggie Network.

Not that big of a pain in the ass as originally thought.

Personally, now have a Google One account; Google One was chosen was wife knew how to use Google Photos and was comfortable with it. There are many other routes to go.

I am using OneDrive via a Microsoft Family account for Files and E-Mail.

Was able to move Google Photos over, then discovered a method to move the albums.
-------------

How to port Google Photos from One Google Account to Another (TxAggieBand85 method)

Step 1:
Use Partner Sharing to copy all photos from one account to another. (AggieNetwork -> personal account)
Settings -> Partner Sharing
(edit) Important: Make sure photos are saved with partner sharing. On your target account, set this up.
Easy Peasy

Step 2:
Copy Albums
Share an Album to New Account
Select Shared Album and select all photos and create same album in new account
Bit of a pain in the ass, but it works.

Done!

Malachi Constant
AG
I'm following your method right now. It seems like it works, but I worry that once they shut down aggienetwork.com google photos, they will disappear from my linked account...
TxAggieBand85
AG
If not saved, I am also screwed. I believe this works. Just rechecked and drive storage is utilized.

Perhaps reach out to Google support to ensure this method works.
Charpie
AG
The Google Takeout stuff worked great for me.
AgsMyDude
AG
Charpie said:

The Google Takeout stuff worked great for me.
Did it move everything from google photos including albums?
AgsMyDude
AG
TxAggieBand85 said:

double aught said:

kyledr04 said:

I was able to move, 100% done from Aggie Network.

Not that big of a pain in the ass as originally thought.

Personally, now have a Google One account; Google One was chosen was wife knew how to use Google Photos and was comfortable with it. There are many other routes to go.

I am using OneDrive via a Microsoft Family account for Files and E-Mail.

Was able to move Google Photos over, then discovered a method to move the albums.
-------------

How to port Google Photos from One Google Account to Another (TxAggieBand85 method)

Step 1:
Use Partner Sharing to copy all photos from one account to another. (AggieNetwork -> personal account)
Settings -> Partner Sharing
Easy Peasy

Step 2:
Copy Albums
Share an Album to New Account
Select Shared Album and select all photos and create same album in new account
Bit of a pain in the ass, but it works.

Done!

WARNING: On step 1 you MUST go into your partner sharing and setup save ALL photos otherwise they will be lost when stuff starts getting deleted.

Go to the partner sharing from sharing. Then click the "saving automatically" and choose "All photos" and click done.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Quote:

WARNING: On step 1 you MUST go into your partner sharing and setup save ALL photos otherwise they will be lost when stuff starts getting deleted.
Good catch. I did do this when setup; but obviously forgot to add to step 1. Will edit.

Charpie
AG
It doesn't do that.

It allows you choose everything you want to download from your account. Then it emails you when its ready. I had something like 100GB worth of stuff to download. I downloaded the files and now I'm uploading them to my Google One account
AgsMyDude
AG
Charpie said:

It doesn't do that.

It allows you choose everything you want to download from your account. Then it emails you when its ready. I had something like 100GB worth of stuff to download. I downloaded the files and now I'm uploading them to my Google One account

hmm someone else said you can link your Google One account and let it transfer directly

https://takeout.google.com/u/1/transfer?pli=1
Malachi Constant
AG
I got this error...

AgsMyDude
AG
Malachi Constant said:

I got this error...

Change to your Aggie network email on the top right
The Dog Lord
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Malachi Constant said:

I got this error...

Change to your Aggie network email on the top right

This. It'll then let you initiate the transfer to the personal.
Malachi Constant
AG
The saga continues...

This is turning out to be more difficult than it should be. Oh well, I've needed to dust off that old external hard drive for a while...
irock2513
AG
I woke up to the same email.

I also followed the instructions above for the photo import, and I was about 10 GB shy on my photos. Starting to get nervous!
Tabasco
AG
For google one, is 100G the largest possible? I keep selecting "upgrade storage," but the only option is the 100G I already have.
Charpie
AG
I have 200GB with Google One
AgsMyDude
AG
Ran out of space potenitally?

I'm getting concerned about running the takeout transfer

I guess I'll download everything first just in case
Charpie
AG
That's what you're supposed to do. Takeout generates links for you to download zip files.
AgsMyDude
AG
Like I said previously there is a takeout transfer option that's supposed to do it for it without any downloading.
Ezra Brooks
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Ran out of space potenitally?

I'm getting concerned about running the takeout transfer

I guess I'll download everything first just in case
You can run the Takeout transfer multiple times - it just takes time to re-run it.

My machine seems to be choking on the .zip files from the Takeout and I've learned that Google will only let you download them 3-4 times before you have to re-run.

munch74
AG
I've gotten this error two days in a row. Does anyone have any ideas?

Problem with your Google content transfer

There was a problem with the Google content transfer you started on May 11, 2022, and it didn't finish. Try starting a new transfer, or talk to your admin. Learn moreLearn more
Tabasco
AG
Charpie said:

I've done it probably 20 times (attempted to upgrade). It gives me one option, 100G (which I already have). what am I missing? Why is it so difficult to give Google my money? No other options are posted. Maybe I will try with a different browser (been using firefox and brave).
pnut02
AG
My transfer only did about 8GB and said it was complete. No rhyme or reason on what was transferred.
pnut02
AG
Tabasco said:

Charpie said:

I've done it probably 20 times (attempted to upgrade). It gives me one option, 100G (which I already have). what am I missing? Why is it so difficult to give Google my money? No other options are posted. Maybe I will try with a different browser (been using firefox and brave).
Are you on the 100GB plan through another vendor/promotion?
Tabasco
AG
pnut02 said:

Tabasco said:

Charpie said:

Are you on the 100GB plan through another vendor/promotion?

I have no idea. I don't remember ever signing up for the 100G, but it says I have it at $1.99/mo

Tries on google chrome, still only offers me the 100G plan that I already have, but need 215G for what I have
Charpie
AG
what happens when you go to one.google.com? Do you not see the option to upgrade?
Tabasco
AG
Charpie said:

what happens when you go to one.google.com? Do you not see the option to upgrade?

Nope. When I click on upgrade and later "get more storage," it just takes me to page that's says Basic 100G $1.99/mo current plan, with no other options
Malachi Constant
AG
So now I have 100 .zip files from google takeout. Anyone have an easy way to re-upload this back to google drive and maintain the original file structure? I don't want to just have a bunch of .zips on my google drive.
Rex Racer
AG
Malachi Constant said:

So now I have 100 .zip files from google takeout. Anyone have an easy way to re-upload this back to google drive and maintain the original file structure? I don't want to just have a bunch of .zips on my google drive.
Unzip them, then reupload the unzipped files. They should be in the same folder structure.
Malachi Constant
AG
is there a .zip utility that is better than the one that comes with windows to manage this better? I'm currently having to unzip them one by one to the same folder. Doesn't sound that bad, but when you have to do it 97 times, I get worried I'm going to miss something.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.