**** Official Sim City Thread ****

46,905 Views | 920 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by wasabi1787
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't see that we have a region setup, but I can't create one to play in anyways. Keep getting errors saying I can't claim land.
tamuwx
AG
My Origin ID is springwxag
benMath08
AG
Some of us were on earlier so I created a region called "Aggieland". Makes sure you select the "North America East 1" server and add me (and everyone else on this thread) as a friend

origin id: trainRiderJ
Cromagnum
AG
It won't show my Origin friends as in game at all. I can't find the aggie region because of that, and it won't even let me go to a blank region and claim a city.
04texag
AG
You fools are making some ugly old grid cities, come on now?! JK

I'm working on a trading city and decent start going on it. Pretty fun
benMath08
AG
quote:
It won't show my Origin friends as in game at all. I can't find the aggie region because of that, and it won't even let me go to a blank region and claim a city.

You and nicklut0 FINALLY show on my friends list in game. I think everything related to the server is just really slow today. I'll try and send you both an invite to the region.

My city has a problem keeping its industry in business. It seems like all my workers are commuting out of town and completely bogging down the highway interchange.
wee_ag
AG
There's some nasty lag for friends to show and city claims to take effect.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I join NA East 1, and it wants me to play the tutorial again. There is no way around this, so I click "Getting Started". The tutorial loads, but nothing happens when it starts up.

If I start on another server, it knows i've taken the tutorial and doesnt force me to do it again.

I was skeptical of any required DRM, but this is pretty freaking ridiculous. Should have an option to play single player.
Cromagnum
AG
Now I can get into the tutorial and listen to elevator music and move the camera. Cant interact though. Eff EA and their crap servers.
Project Gemini
AG
Servers all busy
BadMoonRisin
AG
Okay I was able to claim Pinewood City or whatever in Aggieland, but then my game crashed and when I go back it doesnt say I have any cities to resume...and when I try and claim the city again it says it has already been claimed!
benMath08
AG
quote:
Okay I was able to claim Pinewood City or whatever in Aggieland, but then my game crashed and when I go back it doesnt say I have any cities to resume...and when I try and claim the city again it says it has already been claimed!

You aren't the first person that happened to. Not sure what to do besides wait for the server to catch up. Eventually you should be able to play your city.
Cromagnum
AG
At least with the Diablo 3 launch there was a lot of lag but I could fricking play. Gawddamn EA sucks.

[This message has been edited by Cromagnum (edited 3/5/2013 7:19p).]
wee_ag
AG
Badmoon - exact same thing happened to me. I ended up closing out the game, and rejoined about 10-15 minutes later and it showed that I claimed my city and I could play it.

Anyone know if the higher density streets mean larger plots of land for the zones? i.e. Can I leave bigger gaps between roads for bigger buildings when using bigger roads?
JJxvi
AG
I wonder if amazon will actually even ship my copy by the time you guys full this region.
BadMoonRisin
AG
wee_ag.

See this link.

Might answer your questions.
smithag11
AG
quote:
I wonder if amazon will actually even ship my copy by the time you guys full this region.

I'm wondering the same thing... utterly ridiculous... hopefully servers will be smoothed out by then
clobby
AG
username: cl0bby
bbattbq01
AG
Is aggieland full? I can't find it searching games.
bbattbq01
AG
Well now I found it but need an invite to claim a city... Someone hit me up? Khaiduilkhanate
wee_ag
AG
hey cromagnus - it's showing you claimed like 5 cities... gotta give some of those up bub.
tate504
AG
Hey would y'all be interested in starting another region. I wouldn't mind starting it if the people that aren't in Aggieland want to start one
benMath08
AG
quote:
hey cromagnus - it's showing you claimed like 5 cities... gotta give some of those up bub.

Haha yea, next time you log in be sure to click on "play", pick our region, and abandon some of those cities.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Welp. I know what they were talking about when they said small tiles. I've almost filled mine completely up (it was pretty hilly, so I didnt min/max the density probably) in about an hour and a half, so the only way to go is up.

Plus, I havent played SC since SNES, so things like wind direction screwed me...I built the factories directly upwind from the neighborhoods, so this thing is like Mexico City.

I did have the foresight to check the ore/coal spots though, so there's that.

Is there anyway I can nuke this thing to glass and start over?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Sorry guys. It wont let me abandon my old town and when it crashes (it always crashes when I try to look at other cities) it doesnt recognize that I am the owner of it, so I probably have 2 or 3 tiles.

I'll get on tomorrow morning and abandon all but one...just cant abandon right now.
CDub06
AG
Why is no one playing in my section of the region.
CDub06
AG
Also is it possible to delete (bulldoze) just a part of a module? I was playing around with trade, created the max 4 warehouses but now need to replace one with a different type. The only option it seems to give is to demolish the whole thing.

And I'm rocking education, why do these factories keep going out of business due to unskilled workers??
wee_ag
AG
don't think you can bulldoze part of anything.

cromag - sometimes there's like a half hour delay on the server. I'll check later tonight and see if anything has changed.

Anyone know how to check how much you are making by selling services to other cities in the region? All I can see is the amount of the item when I hover over the arrows.
bbattbq01
AG
Stupid game crashed and now server is busy and I can't play. Yippppeeeee
JJxvi
AG
You should be able to remove modules. I forget how but I did it in beta.
Cromagnum
AG
I don't know wtf happened, lol. It looks like the server was refusing to let me claim any city, then about an hour later it said screw it, take all of em. Should be freed up now.
wee_ag
AG
Alright - you guys need to setup a regional bus terminal in your cities so we can send workers/students/tourists to each other's cities.

Also sell your overstock of power/water/sewage removal in the region to get some extra money.

I'm so freaking indecisive with this game, it's taking me forever just to get to 25k population.

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 3/6/2013 1:54a).]
tamusc
AG
I finally got a chance to try playing last night and couldn't even play the tutorial. I could load into the tutorial, but then nothing would happen. I couldn't interact with anything other than controlling the camera. Very frustrating.

[This message has been edited by tamusc (edited 3/6/2013 5:37a).]
benMath08
AG
quote:
Also is it possible to delete (bulldoze) just a part of a module? I was playing around with trade, created the max 4 warehouses but now need to replace one with a different type. The only option it seems to give is to demolish the whole thing.

You can bulldoze individual building modules from the "edit building" view.
quote:
And I'm rocking education, why do these factories keep going out of business due to unskilled workers??

Not sure, I kept having the same problem. I think either I didn't have enough sims in the right wealth bracket, or my traffic was so bad they never made it to work.

Unrelated tip: DO NOT rely on a nuclear reactor unless you have an unlimited water supply from a river or lake. My town's water table is almost bone dry now.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 3/6/2013 7:44a).]
JJxvi
AG
Amazon order cancelled, digital download running.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.