Flock gets what it deserves

53,729 Views | 616 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Rossticus
Hey...so.. um
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If they are not at a private business, they are government implemented. Impossible to tell which government, MUD, HOA, City, County, etc. But they were put there by some government.
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
malibucharles said:

AozorAg said:

Destroy them all

If you are a law abiding citizen why would you be against these cameras? I am in favor of them if they reduce crime or aid in catching wanted criminals.

This argument can only be made by people with an IQ in the single digits.
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tea Party said:

fc2112 said:

So I'm a little confused.....

What would be the argument against a private company installing these at their own business? I noticed the local Lowes and Home depot have these - it seems obvious they should be able to have these for loss protection, if they desire.

The only benefit of Flock vs a different stand alone security monitoring system is that Flock is also used away from the store in public, which in theory makes it easier to track down a suspect.

But if the public keeps pushing back on public surveillance (which they should), then Flock becomes less beneficial to stores as I would assume it's more expensive than standalone security systems.

The store can do whatever they want, but the store only sees the bigger benefit of Flock if the general populace is indifferent to being surveiled in public. I haven't seen an argument against stores using Flock. Their business, their choice. It's the public surveillance that people are pushing back on outside of private businesses.

Not only that, it's the manner in which they suddenly appear without any public notice or input and the fact that only government agencies (and Flock itself) has access to the cameras - the public is verboten from seeing what those that purportedly serve them can see.

Frankly, we have no idea where all these cameras have been installed or what they are surveilling at any given moment. Or who is accessing them or for what reason they are accessing them.
RyanAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
malibucharles said:

AozorAg said:

Destroy them all

If you are a law abiding citizen why would you be against these cameras? I am in favor of them if they reduce crime or aid in catching wanted criminals.


You know what would be better? If governments would stop working against its constituents. They might actually do something productive like enforcing the law and not enabling criminal behavior.
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmellba99 said:

Tea Party said:

fc2112 said:

So I'm a little confused.....

What would be the argument against a private company installing these at their own business? I noticed the local Lowes and Home depot have these - it seems obvious they should be able to have these for loss protection, if they desire.

The only benefit of Flock vs a different stand alone security monitoring system is that Flock is also used away from the store in public, which in theory makes it easier to track down a suspect.

But if the public keeps pushing back on public surveillance (which they should), then Flock becomes less beneficial to stores as I would assume it's more expensive than standalone security systems.

The store can do whatever they want, but the store only sees the bigger benefit of Flock if the general populace is indifferent to being surveiled in public. I haven't seen an argument against stores using Flock. Their business, their choice. It's the public surveillance that people are pushing back on outside of private businesses.

Not only that, it's the manner in which they suddenly appear without any public notice or input and the fact that only government agencies (and Flock itself) has access to the cameras - the public is verboten from seeing what those that purportedly serve them can see.

Frankly, we have no idea where all these cameras have been installed or what they are surveilling at any given moment. Or who is accessing them or for what reason they are accessing them.

Exactly. I live in a very rural town of 2000 people where very little crime happens, Yet we now have 3 of these cameras and they have been damaged at least a half a dozen times, yet still go up. Our local leaders' heads are all about to roll in upcoming elections.
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't leave my neighborhood without passing one or more of these flocking cameras. There's even one posted directly at one of the gated entrances to my neighborhood. I don't remember our HOA ever asking us if we approve of these cameras.
sanangelo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You can get paid $$$ to bash Flock. Anyone get an offer?

San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm late to this party obviously. I have no idea what "flock" cameras are. Just another form of private/public CCTV?
Tea Party
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sanangelo said:

You can get paid $$$ to bash Flock. Anyone get an offer?



Who cares.

Flock should be bashed for what it is, and if someone is smart enough to get paid doing it then more power to them.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
theJonatron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sanangelo said:

You can get paid $$$ to bash Flock. Anyone get an offer?



Insert: "You guys are getting paid??" gif

Flock can go to hell as with all the data center B.S.
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rjhtamu said:

I'm late to this party obviously. I have no idea what "flock" cameras are. Just another form of private/public CCTV?

If only there were a 4 page thread you could use to educate yourself....
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yet, I only have time to read and care about your response.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rjhtamu said:

Yet, I only have time to read and care about your response.

Basically this: Are you cool with your government spying on you for your own safety?
Tea Party
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Slicer97 said:

rjhtamu said:

Yet, I only have time to read and care about your response.

Basically this: Are you cool with your government spying on you for your own safety?

This part is debatable.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tea Party said:

Slicer97 said:

rjhtamu said:

Yet, I only have time to read and care about your response.

Basically this: Are you cool with your government spying on you for your own safety?

This part is debatable.

That's fair.

"....for their own safety and retention of power."

More accurate?
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Am I cool with the government spying on me on a daily basis? No, but I am reserved to the fact that I own a cell phone so it is already happening.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rjhtamu said:

Am I cool with the government spying on me on a daily basis? No, but I am reserved to the fact that I own a cell phone so it is already happening.

So no need to bother pushing back against further intrusions?

How many guns in your household? Also, what's your 401K up to these days? Which party are you most likely to vote for this November?

Oh, none of my business? Well, it ain't the government's either.
jeremy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vepp said:

malibucharles said:

AozorAg said:

Destroy them all

If you are a law abiding citizen why would you be against these cameras? I am in favor of them if they reduce crime or aid in catching wanted criminals.


Because I like to exercise my liberties without being watched. I honestly can't believe other people can be this okay with a giving up liberties for perceived 'safety'. Hope your grandchildren like being constantly watched! How long until someone with opinions contrary to yours decides they don't like your speech?

Your opinion is about as unamerican as communism.


The fact that your post doesn't have200++ blue stars and is the post of the day is alarming.

The "que sera, sera" with our liberties crowd scare the piss out of me. The will gladly vote us into communism.
SgtBarbarossa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't we settle this with the sonar echolocation system used in The Dark Knight? That tech can only be trusted in Batman's hands, and even then only until Morgan Freeman threatens to quit.
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't read the previous responses, but I'd expect multiple class action lawsuits over the wrongful arrests these cameras generate.
HaroldShipmanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
People crying about camera's meanwhile they have dash cams, house decked in cameras, etc, etc...but Flock that's bad. LOL
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HaroldShipmanAg said:

People crying about camera's meanwhile they have dash cams, house decked in cameras, etc, etc...but Flock that's bad. LOL


Choice vs non choice. I can turn off any cameras I own and install, I can't turn off Flock.

Really silly point you attempted to articulate.
IIIHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flocculants.
HaroldShipmanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cecil77 said:

HaroldShipmanAg said:

People crying about camera's meanwhile they have dash cams, house decked in cameras, etc, etc...but Flock that's bad. LOL


Choice vs non choice. I can turn off any cameras I own and install, I can't turn off Flock.

Really silly point you attempted to articulate.

Those cameras are filming the public like Flock does which is what you are crying about they also help solve crimes like Flock....Also, shows what hypocrites y'all are crying about these cameras.....What a dumb attempt at a gotcha.
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HaroldShipmanAg said:

cecil77 said:

HaroldShipmanAg said:

People crying about camera's meanwhile they have dash cams, house decked in cameras, etc, etc...but Flock that's bad. LOL


Choice vs non choice. I can turn off any cameras I own and install, I can't turn off Flock.

Really silly point you attempted to articulate.

Those cameras are filming the public like Flock does which is what you are crying about they also help solve crimes like Flock....Also, shows what hypocrites y'all are crying about these cameras.....What a dumb attempt at a gotcha.

Dash cams and private home systems are NOT collecting and compiling data into databases curated by AI and accessible only by select people and organizations.
OGAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

Always funny how both sides of the political spectrum are okay with destruction of property, as long as that destruction aligns with their beliefs.

Don't like the cameras, get local and state lawmakers to ban or heavily restrict them.


Won't someone think about all that tea in Boston?
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HaroldShipmanAg said:

cecil77 said:

HaroldShipmanAg said:

People crying about camera's meanwhile they have dash cams, house decked in cameras, etc, etc...but Flock that's bad. LOL


Choice vs non choice. I can turn off any cameras I own and install, I can't turn off Flock.

Really silly point you attempted to articulate.

Those cameras are filming the public like Flock does which is what you are crying about they also help solve crimes like Flock....Also, shows what hypocrites y'all are crying about these cameras.....What a dumb attempt at a gotcha.


Nope, the sidewalk in front of a house, or the driveway, or the back yard is hardly "the public".

And again, regardless I cant turn them off, I can't turn off the flock camera on my block. Completely different things.
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it just me, or can you kinda assume how someone votes based upon their comments on this subject?
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HaroldShipmanAg said:

People crying about camera's meanwhile they have dash cams, house decked in cameras, etc, etc...but Flock that's bad. LOL

This opinion can only be made by somebody with a single digit IQ
valvemonkey91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We gave up any semblance of privacy a long time ago. If you're worried about Flock cameras, you should get rid of your cell phone, your credit card, your vehicle, your Alexa in your house, your dentist, your SSN, and banking at ATM's.

The outrage over flock cameras is too little too late.
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
valvemonkey91 said:

We gave up any semblance of privacy a long time ago. If you're worried about Flock cameras, you should get rid of your cell phone, your credit card, your vehicle, your Alexa in your house, your dentist, your SSN, and banking at ATM's.

The outrage over flock cameras is too little too late.


Likely accurate. However surrender should never be an option. We might not be able to kill all privacy overreach, but it's worth trying to kill this one.
one safe place
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HaroldShipmanAg said:

People crying about camera's meanwhile they have dash cams, house decked in cameras, etc, etc...but Flock that's bad. LOL

My properties that are "decked" in cameras do not film the public; they are pointed at my house or my buildings and my equipment. If someone appears on my cameras, they are on my property. If you do not see the difference in that and in Flock cameras, no amount of explaining will get through your head. You should have been held back a couple of grades and done some of them over.
OGAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They already broke into my house, might as well put down my gun, give up the car keys and open up the safe…
HaroldShipmanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL at the ignorant posts on here...Your cameras on your homes and on your cars are to watch the public from damaging your personal property. Moreover, the police always ask for Ring cameras, dash cams etc, etc hoping those cameras caught something happening out in the public.

Surveillance is everywhere from personal, business, to government.

Carry on with NIMBY crying it's funny to read.
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
valvemonkey91 said:

We gave up any semblance of privacy a long time ago. If you're worried about Flock cameras, you should get rid of your cell phone, your credit card, your vehicle, your Alexa in your house, your dentist, your SSN, and banking at ATM's.

The outrage over flock cameras is too little too late.

No, it really isn't.

But hey, might as well enjoy the rape since it's happening anyway, huh?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.