Shots fired at Trump, suspect in custody

69,945 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobbranco said:

Just an Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

And just like that, this is a non-story. This is why you wait until you get the facts from someone other a campaign that isn't known for being all that factual.

Just WHAT did the campaign put out that wasn't factual?

Go ahead

It suggests that the shots had something to do with Trump. Even this thread took the bait. "Shots fired AT Trump". Don jr with his "Again folks" message. The campaign had no idea this has anything to do with Trump but knew they could get political traction (which this thread proves they were right) so they spread the word and hoped the base would run with it. It did.

So the shots had nothing to do with Trump?

From what they are saying, all shots were fired by Secret Service. The guy is only charged with a gun crime and seemingly never fired it.
It makes one appear foolish, and is a denial of reality, to minimize the serious threat and intent to assassinate by this person.
It's Randolph Duke. He is fully delusional.

Wait, hold up, this dude is actually Randy? Cause that would make his level of dumbassery even more epic.
deddog
AG
eric76 said:

mjschiller said:

Who are financing these snipers. Who do not want Trump as president? Who are saying Trump must be eliminated? There are your answers.
It is absurd to imagine that anyone is financing the two kooks. Why would they hire what are probably the most incompetent people to accomplish their supposed plans?
Just remember, these are the same folks that also handpicked Biden and Kamala.
So, yes, it doesn't surprise me that they ended up with the most incompetent people.
Maybe it's a Democrat thing.
eric76
AG
deddog said:

eric76 said:

mjschiller said:

Who are financing these snipers. Who do not want Trump as president? Who are saying Trump must be eliminated? There are your answers.
It is absurd to imagine that anyone is financing the two kooks. Why would they hire what are probably the most incompetent people to accomplish their supposed plans?
So, yes, it doesn't surprise me that they ended up with the most incompetent people.
Selecting them to do anything would be beyond crazy. Would you hire them to design a skyscraper? Or to be the head chef at a Michellen three star restaurant? Or to coach the Aggie football or baseball teams?

I can't think of anything I would hire them to do. Not even digging a ditch or mowing the grass.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Bocephus
AG
In that Wahlberg movie Shooter, wasn't the lie that the cop used for reason for contact was that he saw the barrel of the gun sticking out?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
BQ78
AG
Crooks wasn't totally incompetent, if Kamala wasn't the Border Czar, Trump gets JFKed.
74OA
AG
Dude wrote a book urging Iran to assassinate Trump. He definitely is as nutty as he looks.

"In his book, listed on Amazon and viewed by the AP, Routh noted: "I get so tired of people asking me if I am a Democrat or Republican as I refuse to be put in a category." The world would be better it were run by women, he wrote in the book that has links to his website and X account, because "it seems that the totality of the world's problems revolve around men with massive insecurity and childlike intelligence and behavior."

Completely CRAZY.
backintexas2013
AG
74OA said:

No shots fired at Trump.

Nice edit. lol. Didn't have the guts to keep up your bs lie.
backintexas2013
AG
Wait so it did have something to do with Trump.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Saw an article on Yahoo this morning...

Some small excerpts, "The apparent assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump at his South Florida golf course on Sunday ignited longstanding concerns among security experts that Trump's regular golf habit might make him vulnerable to assailants.

Nearly every president in recent history has played golf, but the frequency and predictability of Trump's outings have raised worries for years."

"And though golf is practically a mainstay of the modern American presidency, Trump's particular fondness for the sport makes his appearance on the links more predictable, and thus riskier."

The media doing it's best to place blame on Trump for this, yet again
suburban cowboy
AG
This… interesting

TexasAggie_02
AG
since there are no photos from inside the course on google maps, here is a 3D rendering of the course. You can navigate to a virtual flythrough of the 6th hole

https://www.trumpinternationalpalmbeaches.com/golf/course-tour
No Spin Ag
suburban cowboy said:

This… interesting

Very. And to the tinfoil hat folks, that's all they need as "proof" that Biden or Zelensky, or maybe even Jose Andres, tried killing Trump.

I mean, there's a picture after all.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
MarkTwain
Okay so this guy Routh flew to Ukraine in 2022 spent a couple months there trying to get involved in the war and was too much of a nutbag for the Ukrainians, so they sent him packing.

Chelsea Walsh, a nurse who had several encounters with Routh in Kyiv in 2022, said his threats of violence worried her so much that once she landed at Dulles she reported him to OHS and gave an hour and fifteen minute interview expressing her concerns in June 2022, and it basically did nothing. Now the OHS has a huge division of nothing but profilers whose sole purpose is to build portfolios and profiles on people just like this who are flagged as potentially problematic. Profilers have virtually unlimited access to data on anyone and can throw together a portfolio on someone in 24 hours. And as prolific as this guys was, he should have been a flashing light.

So he flies from Hawaii to Florida, and in a few days acquired an SKS ammo a GoPro and ceramic ballistic tiles? That's top shelf acquisition skills. Just so many unanswered and unexplainable questions
captkirk
AG
B-1 83 said:

Didn't I hear 500 yards? Indeed, not the best platform under the circumstances. I guess you gotta take what you can get off the street
He wasn't going to be 500 yds away when he took the shot
Ag In Ok
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Saw an article on Yahoo this morning...

Some small excerpts, "The apparent assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump at his South Florida golf course on Sunday ignited longstanding concerns among security experts that Trump's regular golf habit might make him vulnerable to assailants.

Nearly every president in recent history has played golf, but the frequency and predictability of Trump's outings have raised worries for years."

"And though golf is practically a mainstay of the modern American presidency, Trump's particular fondness for the sport makes his appearance on the links more predictable, and thus riskier."

The media doing it's best to place blame on Trump for this, yet again

Big question - was he on any watch list, FBI, USSS, etc?
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

U.S. Authorities Were Warned About Suspected Trump Gunman

The gunman suspected of attempting to assassinate former President Donald Trump acted so erratically during his years as a pro-Ukraine activist that other Americans who encountered him flagged his behavior to U.S. authorities.
Ryan Wesley Routh was taken into custody in Florida on Sunday after Secret Service personnel spotted and opened fire at a man pointing a rifle through the fence at a West Palm Beach club where Trump was golfing. The man fled in a black Nissan and was quickly apprehended.
But it was Routh's time in Ukraine, where he traveled shortly after the Russian invasion in 2022 hoping to join the fight, where his tumultuous life full of failures and brushes with the law seemed to spiral further downwardand to alarm those who came in contact with him.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/u-s-authorities-were-warned-about-suspected-trump-gunman-153dab6f?st=bXyD98&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Of course he was.
MarkTwain
MarkTwain said:

B-1 83 said:

Didn't I hear 500 yards? Indeed, not the best platform under the circumstances. I guess you gotta take what you can get off the street

No Trump was on the fifth green when the shots were fired and his perch was approximately 325 yards from Trump. He was laying waiting for him to get to the sixth green which was mere feet. The forward USSS discovered him when he was searching the hole ahead of Trump in advance.

With a scoped SKS 300 yards isn't that difficult 7.62x39 is pretty potent at that distance if he were to have chosen to take that shot. Line of sight might have been an issue

Bluto
AG
I believe he would've let him get as close as possible before he started shooting. Then he could shoot at him as he fled, if the first shots missed. Or, if the ss jumped on Trump the shooter could just pump rounds into the pike.

Have they said what was in the backpack? Is like to know how many extra loaded mags he had. He had ceramic body armor (even though he wasn't wearing it) so he was ready for a fire fight.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MarkTwain said:

Okay so this guy Routh flew to Ukraine in 2022 spent a couple months there trying to get involved in the war and was too much of a nutbag for the Ukrainians, so they sent him packing.

Chelsea Walsh, a nurse who had several encounters with Routh in Kyiv in 2022, said his threats of violence worried her so much that once she landed at Dulles she reported him to OHS and gave an hour and fifteen minute interview expressing her concerns in June 2022, and it basically did nothing. Now the OHS has a huge division of nothing but profilers whose sole purpose is to build portfolios and profiles on people just like this who are flagged as potentially problematic. Profilers have virtually unlimited access to data on anyone and can throw together a portfolio on someone in 24 hours. And as prolific as this guys was, he should have been a flashing light.

So he flies from Hawaii to Florida, and in a few days acquired an SKS ammo a GoPro and ceramic ballistic tiles? That's top shelf acquisition skills. Just so many unanswered and unexplainable questions
Apparently coocoo for cocoa puffs in Ukraine doesn't equate for scrutiny once you get back to the states. I mean come on, it's not like he had some massive digital footprint or anything obvious like that.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Bondag
AG
mjschiller said:

In this case Ukraine. They don't want to end the war. They just want the money.
Bondag
AG

BlueMiles
AG
eric76 said:

deddog said:

eric76 said:

mjschiller said:

Selecting them to do anything would be beyond crazy. Would you hire them to design a skyscraper? Or to be the head chef at a Michellen three star restaurant? Or to coach the Aggie football or baseball teams?

I can't think of anything I would hire them to do. Not even digging a ditch or mowing the grass.

Or design and roll out the Obamacare web site. Estimated at more than $500 million from a quick glance at news articles this morning.
eric76
AG
Yikes!
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
MarkTwain
Entertaining

nortex97
AG

Department of Democrat Party Justice strikes yet again.
1836er
AG
Having that agency in charge of anything to do with this investigation, much less V L tree specifically, is a gross conflict of interest. The Republicans on capital hill should be railing against this right now, but all I hear coming from them are... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... crickets.

My plea to Governor DeSantis.

1) Don't let any evidence out of your custody where it can be "disappeared."

2) Don't let the accused out of your custody either, don't allow him to be interviewed or questioned without your state investigators/officers present, and most importantly, keep him alive.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Apparently, some random bystander snapped a photo of the perp's truck and license plates and gave them to local LEO - who easily went and apprehended him.
aggiehawg
AG
Is Routh making any jailhouse phone calls? You the ones that are always recorded?
backintexas2013
AG
So there libs posted on this two said it wasn't about Trump one called for an assault rifle ban. So far none has called out the guy with the gun. Guess maybe they support the guy.
C@LAg
aggiehawg
AG
Obama played golf a lot. SS didn't have any problem protecting him.
Jock 07
AG
Why does everyone censor assassination in their posts?
PA24
AG
Trump needs to get out of the race, bow out before they kill him. This is a rigged game and he is gonna get murdered.
Prosperdick
AG
aggiehawg said:

Obama played golf a lot. SS didn't have any problem protecting him.
And you would think with MILLIONS of MAGA racist gun owners there would be at least ONE incident but nope...they all just went to work and tried to provide for their families.
C@LAg
Jock 07 said:

Why does everyone censor assassination in their posts?
do it because of algorithms hiding content or getting your post demonetized. it is 100% stupid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.