Shots fired at Trump, suspect in custody

69,944 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Opalka said:

captkirk said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

In case any of y'all were wondering, the shooter's political ideology is unclear at this time.

LOL. "Unclear political ideology"
Well, yeah! He voted for Trump in 2016. Then said he wanted Nikki Haley/Vivek Ramaswamy this election cycle, but had voted for some democrats previously. Yes he donated money to Act Blue in late 2019. Voted in the democratic primary in North Carolina. So he's all over the map. People trying to make political hay over this guy are misguided...he sounds like he's not mentally all there.

What I don't get is why he would leave so much evidence behind....the weapon, backpacks, GoPro.
Because he was shot at.
Like most democrats, a coward under fire.

Everyone has a plan, until you get punched in the face - Mike Tyson, who incidentally, is also voting for Trump.
richardag
Opalka said:

captkirk said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

In case any of y'all were wondering, the shooter's political ideology is unclear at this time.

Well, yeah! He voted for Trump in 2016. Then said he wanted Nikki Haley/Vivek Ramaswamy this election cycle, but had voted for some democrats previously. Yes he donated money to Act Blue in late 2019. Voted in the democratic primary in North Carolina. So he's all over the map. People trying to make political hay over this guy are misguided...he sounds like he's not mentally all there.

What I don't get is why he would leave so much evidence behind....the weapon, backpacks, GoPro.
You may want to consider who said he voted for President Trump in 2016 and then compare that with your statement,".he sounds like he's not mentally all there."
So you believe he said he voted for Trump in 2016, but believe he is not mentally there.
You may want to rethink your evidence
BadMoonRisin
AG
Lol.

Oh, you were being serious?

He donated to 19 democrats.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Lol.

he also tried to [checks notes] shoot Trump.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Lol.

Amen; it's idiotic to argue what he did in the past versus his recent comments & conduct, including the attempted assassination.

Dems/ Libs fight like hell to distance their association from the recent would-be assassins, but why? They DGAS if they are a Dem; it's merely a talking point that they want to dispute, and in so doing, they can then wiggle around the facts to create a self-serving narrative that paints them more favorably.

Edit to add: Or they bury the factual narrative entirely, like the Nashville Trans shooter.
AggiePetro07
AG

BadMoonRisin said:

Lol.

What does that prove?
GoAgs11
Can we assume if someone try's to kill Trump he is no fan of the GOP and Republicans its not that hard.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Biden Harris bumper sticker on his truck and the anti Trump, pro Biden save Democracy tweets really don't leave any question.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Lol.

What does that prove?
do I really have to spell this answer out?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Ag with kids
AG

AggiePetro07 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Lol.

What does that prove?
do I really have to spell this answer out?
He was going to give him a love tap???
The Porkchop Express
AG
GoAgs11 said:

Can we assume if someone try's to kill Trump he is no fan of the GOP and Republicans its not that hard.
We should assume that someone trying to murder someone else with a high powered rifle probably mentally unbalanced and politics aren't exactly their bread and butter for rationale debate.

BadMoonRisin
AG
This guy donated to over 19 different democrat politicians. Gabbard, Beto, Elizabeth Warren, Andrew Yang, Tom Steyer, etc....

not a lot of money but to say he was just crazy and politically ambivalent is a complete lie.

Just like the last guy who apparently "Googled Joe Biden"...ok, he googled Joe Biden. He shot at Trump.
Texas velvet maestro
Why doesn't Trump have his own security detail? Until 2 assassination attempts ago, I knew he had a SS detail, but I always assumed he had his own crack people around. Do the Feds not work in tandem w private hires?
The Porkchop Express
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

This guy donated to over 19 different democrat politicians. Gabbard, Beto, Elizabeth Warren, Andrew Yang, Tom Steyer, etc....

not a lot of money but to say he was just crazy and politically ambivalent is a complete lie.

Just like the last guy who apparently "Googled Joe Biden"...ok, he googled Joe Biden. He shot at Trump.
I didn't say either of those things. My post was really short, it shouldn't be that hard to read it without trying to change the meaning.
P.U.T.U
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

Why doesn't Trump have his own security detail? Until 2 assassination attempts ago, I knew he had a SS detail, but I always assumed he had his own crack people around. Do the Feds not work in tandem w private hires?
The SS does not even use/share comms with local law enforcement, they coordinate with other law enforcement but for the most part operate on their own.

I mentioned earlier that Trump needs to get some people from Erik Prince's group for protection, like him or not he knows what he is doing when it comes to personal protection
Ulysses90
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

If they know his phone's location, they know who he called during that time. I'm sure that information will be shared with the public any minute now.

Probably a few calls to his broker to buy some puts when the markets open. </facetious>
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
They should also have all of his travel records by now. Unless he swam over from Hawaii to the states. Will be interesting to see what that shows when they come out with it 8 months.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
UhOhNoAgTag
Did he come from Hawaii or NC? I'm starting to think he had a contact at the golf club.
nortex97
AG
P.U.T.U said:

The SS does not even use/share comms with local law enforcement, they coordinate with other law enforcement but for the most part operate on their own.

I mentioned earlier that Trump needs to get some people from Erik Prince's group for protection, like him or not he knows what he is doing when it comes to personal protection
The USSS is utterly inept at best but the issue is Trump can't hire/use his own protection and also use USSS, for various reasons (basically different management/rules of engagement etc. are problematic). At least, from what I have read/heard that is the case, I am not a bodyguard/personal protection expert in any way.
P.U.T.U
AG
He can't use private and SS protection at the same time and I think have SS not protect him would cause a lot of other issues like he would have to get the members of the private protection approved by different states, countries, companies, etc. which would be a nightmare
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

This is what I said from the very beginning.

He didn't mysteriously know when Trump would be there. Trump plays golf every day. Shooter just had to sit there long enough.
Dallas82
aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

And just like that, this is a non-story. This is why you wait until you get the facts from someone other a campaign that isn't known for being all that factual.

Just WHAT did the campaign put out that wasn't factual?

Go ahead

It suggests that the shots had something to do with Trump. Even this thread took the bait. "Shots fired AT Trump". Don jr with his "Again folks" message. The campaign had no idea this has anything to do with Trump but knew they could get political traction (which this thread proves they were right) so they spread the word and hoped the base would run with it. It did.

So the shots had nothing to do with Trump?

From what they are saying, all shots were fired by Secret Service. The guy is only charged with a gun crime and seemingly never fired it.
agracer
AG
Fenrir said:

All donations have him as not employed. Wonder how accurate that is and if so how he was getting money to survive day to day.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3477463
agracer
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

C@LAg said:

Cen-Tex said:

Where's Biden, Harris, Garland on this matter? ….. crickets

Good them. I don't like and if those individuals, but those are the correct and appropriate responses.
and yet they keep letting violent criminals flow into the country illegally and one of them actively encouraged the riots in 2020.
aginlakeway
AG
Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

And just like that, this is a non-story. This is why you wait until you get the facts from someone other a campaign that isn't known for being all that factual.

Go ahead

It suggests that the shots had something to do with Trump. Even this thread took the bait. "Shots fired AT Trump". Don jr with his "Again folks" message. The campaign had no idea this has anything to do with Trump but knew they could get political traction (which this thread proves they were right) so they spread the word and hoped the base would run with it. It did.

From what they are saying, all shots were fired by Secret Service. The guy is only charged with a gun crime and seemingly never fired it.

So this guy was not there to try and shoot Trump? His presence there had nothing to do with Trump being there?

You said earlier that "this is a non-story." Do you still feel that way?

Rapier108
Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

Charging for a gun crime is easy and allows them to hold him until additional charges are filed.

That's pretty standard procedure with all law enforcement agencies.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
sam callahan
the first attempt gave the media/left a good chance to get their response down, they have kicked it into gear faster this go around

- Trumps fault
- Republican shooter
- possibly setup by Trump to boost his poll numbers

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

So this guy was not there to try and shoot Trump? His presence there had nothing to do with Trump being there?

You said earlier that "this is a non-story." Do you still feel that way?

I get to the course 12 hours early all the time to pre-scout pin locations and course conditions. Sometimes I bring along my ceramic tiles, go-pro, and gun...just in case.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
usmcbrooks
Opalka said:

captkirk said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

Bluto
AG
Obviously just a coincidence.
eric76
AG
nortex97 said:

P.U.T.U said:

The USSS is utterly inept at best but the issue is Trump can't hire/use his own protection and also use USSS, for various reasons (basically different management/rules of engagement etc. are problematic). At least, from what I have read/heard that is the case, I am not a bodyguard/personal protection expert in any way.
In the 2016 campaign, weren't there reports of him using both private security and the Secret Service?
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
nortex97
AG
Not concurrently. Once he got usss he had to discontinue the private security detail.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

Why did secret service fire on him?
TheBonifaceOption
The Porkchop Express said:

GoAgs11 said:

We should assume that someone trying to murder someone else with a high powered rifle probably mentally unbalanced and politics aren't exactly their bread and butter for rationale debate.

John Wilkes booth was just deranged, no political motivation whatsoever.

Same with Gavrilo Princip and Marcus Junius Brutus

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.