Thank you!

24,704 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Change Detection said:

Working with a colleague who just tested positive, had the Phizer shot in March. He is not feeling well at all. This vaccine is not preventing infection in the slightest.
Oh, so if back in March this is not a case of the vaccine itself causing a few days of being ill.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
TacosaurusRex
astros4545 said:

Moose02 said:

Just want to say thanks to all the anti-vaxxers. Because of you, my wife and I get to deliver our second baby in isolation. Required quarantine before delivery. None of our family (or first kid) gets to be there. Who knows after that. Again, thanks. Enjoy your liberty.
Highly doubt its your baby
I just lost it in a public place when I read this. A little down that I wasn't here when this thread went live though.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
Did staff suspend the rules against personal attacks for this thread?
FrioAg 00
AG
The OP started with personal attacks, so it's reasonable to assume they would be pointed back at him
RoadkillBBQ
You thought those tweets were mean too didn't you?
gbaby23
AG

You're Welcome
fooz
Most beta post by OP in TA history.
Jbob04
AG
9 pages to a troll thread. What is the point of staff leaving this thread up. It's clear the OP is trolling.
houag80
AG
On the other hand.....some of these posts will go down in infamy. They will be regurgitated again and again...for the entertainment value and stupidity. Smh.
Daddy-O5
AG
Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

This is an Aggie joke right? I can't seriously believe that graduates of our revered institution of higher education can truly be so ignorant of the tremendous need for mass vaccination for this plague. Surely the vast majority of our friends and classmates are not buying that anti-vaccination drivel.
I'm not, and the majority of us, are not anti-vax as we are anti-forced decision.

It's hyperbolic to say forced vaccination is being seriously debated. But this forum does love its hyperbola. I've already been called a communist on this thread. LOL
Biden says vaccine mandate for all federal employees is under consideration following VA order (cnbc.com)

This isn't to the level of a nationwide mandate yet, but to say it's "hyperbolic" is a gross understatement.

Do you consider vaccine requirements for children to attend public school to be forced vaccination?
Strawman argument. Stay on topic. Do you somehow believe that a vaccine being a prerequisite to maintain or obtain a federal job is somehow not "forced"? There will probably be a whole lot of people (not white conservative Trump supporters mind you) who have to decide between supporting their family or taking a vaccine they don't want.

To my original point, even if we disagree on some of this, "hyperbole" is certainly not the correct word for being concerned about the direction this is headed.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
GeorgiAg
AG
This thread is awesome.
Decay
AG
GeorgiAg said:

This thread is awesome.

gotta start somewhere. Even if it is the bottom.
Jmiller
J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

This is an Aggie joke right? I can't seriously believe that graduates of our revered institution of higher education can truly be so ignorant of the tremendous need for mass vaccination for this plague. Surely the vast majority of our friends and classmates are not buying that anti-vaccination drivel.
I'm not, and the majority of us, are not anti-vax as we are anti-forced decision.

It's hyperbolic to say forced vaccination is being seriously debated. But this forum does love its hyperbola. I've already been called a communist on this thread. LOL
Biden says vaccine mandate for all federal employees is under consideration following VA order (cnbc.com)

This isn't to the level of a nationwide mandate yet, but to say it's "hyperbolic" is a gross understatement.

Do you consider vaccine requirements for children to attend public school to be forced vaccination?
Strawman argument. Stay on topic. Do you somehow believe that a vaccine being a prerequisite to maintain or obtain a federal job is somehow not "forced"? There will probably be a whole lot of people (not white conservative Trump supporters mind you) who have to decide between supporting their family or taking a vaccine they don't want.

To my original point, even if we disagree on some of this, "hyperbole" is certainly not the correct word for being concerned about the direction this is headed.
No, I would not consider federal, state or private employment or school vaccination requirements to be "forced vaccinations". If that is part of your definition then we have a very long history of "forced vaccinations" that we have all been living through.

I would define "forced vaccinations" as a legal requirement for all residents and travelers within the U.S. and its territories to be vaccinated.

oh no
AG
Husky Boy Jr. said:

i hope so. Sometimes, it's the only remedy. The best medicine. People need to hear the truth directly or they never will.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

No, I would not consider federal, state or private employment or school vaccination requirements to be "forced vaccinations". If that is part of your definition then we have a very long history of "forced vaccinations" that we have all been living through.

I would define "forced vaccinations" as a legal requirement for all residents and travelers within the U.S. and its territories to be vaccinated.

Thank you, Mr. Clinton, for reminding us that "the definition of 'is'" is subjective.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
deddog
AG
Jbob04 said:

9 pages to a troll thread. What is the point of staff leaving this thread up. It's clear the OP is trolling.
Sometimes the only purpose of your life is to serve as a lesson to others.
You know what happens when parents don't smack their kids for saying stupid shi$?
Those kids grow up and then this thread happens.
Jmiller
TheEyeGuy said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Thank you, Mr. Clinton, for reminding us that "the definition of 'is'" is subjective.
Sure, Mr. Hyperbole. But definitions are important for productive conversations, but not taken seriously in politics.
Roll the Bones
AG
I just went back to relive the comedy of the OP but man, it has been cut down to the quick.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Sure, Mr. Hyperbole. But definitions are important for productive conversations, but not taken seriously in politics.

Whatever you consider to be "forced" in regards to being vaxxed is rather subjective. At the heart of the matter is that the government is doing everything possible to compel vaccination. I've been vaccinated. It was my choice. Well, we'll say happy wife happy life situation. I also did not shut down a single day due to covid and me and my staff never wore masks in store. In fact, due to security concerns, quite often people had to take their masks off if they were in store. So, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. However, I am absolutely pro freedom and this sort of government coercion is very close to forcefully requiring vaccination, even if it doesn't explicitly say that. To argue otherwise is either relying simply on semantics or ignoring what is happening. Simple as that. I think there are certain groups of people that SHOULD get the vaccine. I also think that others may be better off not getting it. It should be THEIR decision to make without having to deal with any coercion from the government.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Daddy-O5
AG
Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Can't believe "Forced vaccinations" are being seriously debated. Hyperbole!

New mandates for federal employment are being discussed. (Comply or lose your job).

That's not what being forced really means!

Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Jmiller
TheEyeGuy said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Whatever you consider to be "forced" in regards to being vaxxed is rather subjective. At the heart of the matter is that the government is doing everything possible to compel vaccination. I've been vaccinated. It was my choice. Well, we'll say happy wife happy life situation. I also did not shut down a single day due to covid and me and my staff never wore masks in store. In fact, due to security concerns, quite often people had to take their masks off if they were in store. So, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. However, I am absolutely pro freedom and this sort of government coercion is very close to forcefully requiring vaccination, even if it doesn't explicitly say that. To argue otherwise is either relying simply on semantics or ignoring what is happening. Simple as that. I think there are certain groups of people that SHOULD get the vaccine. I also think that others may be better off not getting it. It should be THEIR decision to make without having to deal with any coercion from the government.
Hyperbole. It is not threatening. It is not unprecedented. It is not unwarranted. And in many cases it is not "the government" implementing the requirements.
Harry Stone
AG
Thunderstormr said:

speaking of ignorant, do you realize why people are pissed at the OP, or are you just stupid?
One Louder
AG
Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Hyperbole. It is not threatening. It is not unprecedented. It is not unwarranted. And in many cases it is not "the government" implementing the requirements.

You really don't see the difference between childhood vaccines that have been safely used for decades and a vaccine that uses brand new technology and has been tested on a much smaller scale? You don't understand where the concern lies?
oh no
AG
no they don't understand any concern about the vaccine. any and all concerns are crazy conspiracy theories.

comply or be vilified. this is the way.
woodlees
AG
This is a very good question.

There is significant data now that mRNA vaccines are safe in pregnancy

That being said, when the baby was conceived, that data didn't exist.

But it did exist early enough for the wife to have been vaccinated.

However the most important point is that getting vaccinated is preferable in terms of risk to not being vaccinated.

For that, there is no question in the scientific literature
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
woodlees
AG
Let me qualify that last answer and add particularly for the increased pathogenicity of the Delta variant
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BenFiasco14
AG
Nvm, misread
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
C@LAg
MaximusDMeridius said:

20 pages [UNDER - STAFF]
5 permas [UNDER - STAFF]
10 regular bans [OVER - STAFF]

[PLEASE SEND STAFF'S WINNINGS TO THE TEXAGS OFFICE. THANKS, STAFF]
I sincerely applaud staff for allowing this thread to remain even though it crossed many rules many times.

And also OP for at least rolling with the punches on his first reply.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Did that wanker OP ever show back up on this thread?
backintexas2013
AG
Husky Boy Jr. said:

Wait you posted this:

Husky Boy Jr. said:

Shocked at how many Supposed Aggies are dumb enough to not get the vaccine

Then really asked the question about rules? You attacked anyone not taking the vaccine

I have an Ag Tag. I am not a supposed Aggie. I also don't believe people that don't get the vaccine are dumb. I believe lolfats are way dumber.
samurai_science
hbtheduce
AG
As a 30 yo with no comorbidities, the risks of covid and the benefits of the vaccine are so small it's not even worth the conversation.

We might as well debate if it's worth picking up a nickel off the ground.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

20 pages [UNDER - STAFF]
5 permas [UNDER - STAFF]
10 regular bans [OVER - STAFF]

[PLEASE SEND STAFF'S WINNINGS TO THE TEXAGS OFFICE. THANKS, STAFF]

NicosMachine
AG
I'm not sure how the fact I had Covid and now have better immunity than the vaccinated somehow prevented you from being with your wife in childbirth. It makes no sense from a scientific perspective. I follow science.
javajaws
AG
OP's favorite song: Man! I feel like a woman!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.