Thank you!

24,661 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
ChemEAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And his profile says he's an attorney. Making a lot more sense now for looking who to blame.
Moon Shadow
advice not advise, spell check
10Aggie10
AG
I believe the correct term for OP is omega male
Cassius
beerad12man said:

Moose02 said:

Just want to say thanks to all the anti-vaxxers. Because of you, my wife and I get to deliver our second baby in isolation. Required quarantine before delivery. None of our family (or first kid) gets to be there. Who knows after that. Again, thanks. Enjoy your liberty.
I'm fully vaccinated, and to this day still recommend it to anyone that hasn't knowingly had covid, but it still amazes me how some of you can still place the blame on the wrong people. Typical politicians, create further divide.

15 days to control flatten the curve. We just need to make sure our medical staff is prepared for this.

Okay, so just two more weeks

Just wear a mask, we can get rid of covid in 4-6 weeks.

Just wear the mask a little longer

Once a vaccine comes out, we can get back to normal

Oh, the vaccine is out, we need to make sure it's widespread. So once every has access to it, we can get back to normal.

Wait, the vaccine is widespread, this still isn't enough. Now we have to coerce behavior, regardless of previous infection, but turning fellow Americans against one another. It's mask up forever, or get the "voluntary" vaccine.

Now, you hear about some saying they'll mask forever if they need to

Nevermind that hospitals are 1/5th of our peak, so we clearly have capacity for more, even if some are individually stressed(like every flu season).

Good post.
Moon Shadow
Coronavirus is 1 micron in size. Even the N95 masks, with a tight fit only shield out 2 microns and larger particles.
MouthBQ98
AG
Uh, the virus is now endemic and no amount of vaccination is EVER going to eliminate such a widespread and highly contagious virus. The only things that will help are widespread vaccination and natural immunity to reduce prevalence of the virus, gradual viral evolution to less deadly forms, and the end of political exploitation of this outbreak so that rational and reasonable responsive behaviors that allow for personal risk assessment to resume.

This virus has zero risk for children.
It has very slight risk for young adults.
The older adults who are involved in politics are often responding politically instead of reasonably and rationally to it. It is a concern, but right now, it is steadily becoming less deadly, and all of the consequences of our responses need to be considered.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Moose02 said:

Thanks all for the mostly humorous posts. I'm sure the thread will get nuked soon, but a few responses.

Obviously I don't want family actually in the delivery room. Haha.

Obviously I'm going to enjoy and treasure this event, regardless of circumstances.

As far as who to blame, many of you seem to want the hospitals (and everyone else) to lift all restrictions regardless of case count. That's insane. Even in bad flu seasons delivery hospitals require vaccines and restrict the number of visitors.

At bottom here is my frustration with the conservative view of individualism. We don't live in a vacuum. The decision by large swaths of people to remain unvaccinated is disruptive to society at large, and will likely continue to be so. One of the main goals of the vaccine is to create a firewall, which takes everyone doing their part.

One conservative friend of mine said the cost of liberty of having AK47s is mass shootings. That same logic appears to be the same on Covid for many here. I understand but respectfully disagree.

Have a nice week all!
It's not a political decision to not get vaccinated and I wish people would understand that.

The truth is that the virus never was going to be stopped regardless of what we do or don't do. Organisms fight for their own existence just as we do and transmission from host to host is part of that. It needs a human host to survive. Blaming people is useless because people can't do **** about it. Another point to consider is that the virus does not want to kill its host as it then kills itself. The variants we are witnessing are more than likely less likely to be lethal because of this. If you believe in evolution, this is how it does it. The virus will become less lethal over time to ensure it will live a longer life.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
waitwhat?
Moose02 said:

At bottom here is my frustration with the conservative view of individualism. We don't live in a vacuum. The decision by large swaths of people to remain unvaccinated is disruptive to society at large, and will likely continue to be so. One of the main goals of the vaccine is to create a firewall, which takes everyone doing their part.
Did you ever stop to think that it's not the people choosing not to get the vaccine that are disruptive to society, it's the people choosing to disrupt society until everyone gets vaccinated whether they want to or not that are disruptive to society?

The reason you're frustrated with the conservative view of individualism is because you don't understand it. And you also don't understand how thankful you should be for those of us that do.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
AgBQ-00
AG
So the OP summed up is (checks notes) "Damn you and your Freedom!!" When he should actually be blaming the intrusion of nanny gov into everyone's freedom.
Owlagdad
Thanks Ags. I have successfully read about the neutering of a moose.
My Name Is Judge
Best part about this thread is that instead of being overjoyed from the birth of his child, this clown is on Texags crying about hoax virus juice

God I love America
Ellis Wyatt
AgBQ-00 said:

So the OP summed up is (checks notes) "Damn you and your Freedom!!" When he should actually be blaming the intrusion of nanny gov into everyone's freedom.
While the imbecile he voted for is literally flying covid all over America from our southern border.
Gaw617
The post from OP needs to be bumped on a monthly basis as a reminder to us all of how far we have fallen as a country and how many low IQ people we have here. You are now ostracized as an anti vaxxer if you don't want to take an experimental drug that seems to allow you to still get the Wuhan flu and allows you to give it to others and one where you still have to wear a mask. What person with average cognitive ability would take the vaccine?
akm91
AG
JABQ04 said:

Why they hell would you want everyone there, when you should be home in 36 (ish) hours? All three of my kids were just me, wife and baby. Left siblings at home with grandparents. Also two youngest spent several days in NICU, fortunately nothing overly serious, it could always be worse. Praying things go smoothly and safely for wife and baby.

ETA there was a brief visit by siblings for each new child but for the most part wanted mom and baby to bond quietly and rest before we came home to the looney bin we call home.
Same here. It was just me and my wife for both our kids' births.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Science Denier
AG
In our leadership meeting we were told that we would have to start wearing masks again. Our policy was that if you were vaccinated you did not have to wear them. I added that on the news, it was said that apparently if you are vaccinated, you still can carry the virus and that wearing masks is protecting the vaccinated.

When asked why would we protect those that made a decision not to vaccinate, the answer was that the company can mandate masks again and that they will be exercising that right. Great.

I imagine that if our competitors don't require this, we will very quickly reversing that decision.
titan
S
waitwhat? said:

Moose02 said:

Did you ever stop to think that it's not the people choosing not to get the vaccine that are disruptive to society, it's the people choosing to disrupt society until everyone gets vaccinated whether they want to or not that are disruptive to society?

The reason you're frustrated with the conservative view of individualism is because you don't understand it. And you also don't understand how thankful you should be for those of us that do.
THAT. A great majority of them policy makers (politicos/press) and institutions.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
wbt5845
AG
Little insight as to how people quantify their situation by blaming others
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Moose02 said:

Thanks all for the mostly humorous posts. I'm sure the thread will get nuked soon, but a few responses.

Obviously I'm going to enjoy and treasure this event, regardless of circumstances.

As far as who to blame, many of you seem to want the hospitals (and everyone else) to lift all restrictions regardless of case count. That's insane. Even in bad flu seasons delivery hospitals require vaccines and restrict the number of visitors.

One conservative friend of mine said the cost of liberty of having AK47s is mass shootings. That same logic appears to be the same on Covid for many here. I understand but respectfully disagree.

Have a nice week all!

I can't imagine getting your head caved in for 5 pages and then coming back with this. You'd be better off asking staph to delete this and hope people forget
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
oldcrow91 said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

As a father of 4,(7,5,3,18mo) with number 5 due in September(yes, we are Catholic.)

OMG stay off of her
sleepybeagle
AG
Moose02 said:

Just want to say thanks to all the anti-vaxxers. Because of you, my wife and I get to deliver our second baby in isolation. Required quarantine before delivery. None of our family (or first kid) gets to be there. Who knows after that. Again, thanks. Enjoy your liberty.
I'm sorry you had to go thru this. But do you really believe that if 100% of the population was vaccinated THEY wouldn't have found another way to throw more restrictions on?

When people a year ago were calling masking and restrictions the "new normal" I was dumb enough to not take them seriously.
Thunderstormr
AG
This is an Aggie joke right? I can't seriously believe that graduates of our revered institution of higher education can truly be so ignorant of the tremendous need for mass vaccination for this plague. Surely the vast majority of our friends and classmates are not buying that anti-vaccination drivel.
JR Ewingford
Moose02 said:

I dont give a **** about you or your kids. Blame China you loser.
Ken Adams
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
The fact that he's a 50+ year old dude but posts like an ostracized 7th grader is just...I'm embarrassed for him.
Bonfire1996
AG
OP could have chosen a birth center and had as many people in attendance as they wanted. Priorities, priorities.

I hope he stays on the forum, because sooner or later there will be a freedom he does care about that will be challenged by the State. That might provide the ironic moment for him to admit that he is, indeed, a dumb fuc
gig em 02
Moose02 said:

Have a nice week all!

Thanks, Adolph. The risk in allowing everyone to vote, even if they are incapable of thinking critically, is that democrats get elected and as we have seen for the last 5000 years those democrats become fascists who commit genocide and demonize entire groups of people.

Unrestricted voting is infinitely more dangerous than the 2nd amendment could ever be.
titan
S

And you can't blame the Founders for that. They knew it. It is one our later `tamperings'.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
AgNav93
AG
No wonder this country is in such a horrible place with people like the OP. Yes, I'm the reason you can't have your whole family in the room while your wife gives birth. Sack up. So glad you reproduced.
codker92
AG
Moose02 said:

I'll send a thank you from you to all the vaccinated in India and South America. You are a privileged piece of work. I am protesting wealth inequality and until every single person in India is vaccinated I will refuse.
Jbob04
AG
Is it safe to say that OP has a lot of soy in his diet?
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Moose02 said:

Don't blame me, I didn't pay for and help make the virus, this guy did...

and you were the one who had sex with your wife ... well maybe.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Are you sure it wasn't you who just gave birth? You sound like a whiny woman. Get over yourself pansy.
chaca5151
AgBQ-00 said:

chaca5151 said:

Not everyone can have kids bro... and yet you come to Texags and bi+ch about the flu virus.

I would give my left nut to have a kid.... some people just don't understand how blessed they are.

QFT

Not sure what QFT means
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Slyfox07
AG
Moose02 said:

Maybe try living in a state that isn't communist.

I watched my fourth child enter this world a few weeks ago...and i wasn't wearing a useless mask either.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Great read this morning.

Congrats OP. On the baby and the beating.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.