Thank you!

24,690 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
chaca5151
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moose02 said:

Thanks all for the mostly humorous posts. I'm sure the thread will get nuked soon, but a few responses.

Obviously I don't want family actually in the delivery room. Haha.

Obviously I'm going to enjoy and treasure this event, regardless of circumstances.

As far as who to blame, many of you seem to want the hospitals (and everyone else) to lift all restrictions regardless of case count. That's insane. Even in bad flu seasons delivery hospitals require vaccines and restrict the number of visitors.

At bottom here is my frustration with the conservative view of individualism. We don't live in a vacuum. The decision by large swaths of people to remain unvaccinated is disruptive to society at large, and will likely continue to be so. One of the main goals of the vaccine is to create a firewall, which takes everyone doing their part.

One conservative friend of mine said the cost of liberty of having AK47s is mass shootings. That same logic appears to be the same on Covid for many here. I understand but respectfully disagree.

Have a nice week all!

What a JOKE!

It would be best if you stopped breading; how about you take my spot since I can't have kids, and I'll make babies that will contribute to society. Oh, and Rule #1 here applies.....

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
AgBQ-00
AG
Quoted For Truth
tFast
AG
Moose02 said:

Just want to say thanks to all the anti-vaxxers. Because of you, my wife and I get to deliver our second baby in isolation. Required quarantine before delivery. None of our family (or first kid) gets to be there. Who knows after that. Again, thanks. Enjoy your liberty.

I'm a vaccinated person. My entire family participated in the Pfizer test study, when the vaccine was being developed in 2020. We put our health on the line so that we could have our vaccine sooner.

All that said, and as much as I would like to see everyone vaccinated, this is a stupid post.

I'm sorry that you had to deliver your 2nd baby in isolation. Small price to pay for freedom, wouldn't you say?
Onceaggie2.0
wait OP can insult everyone here but if its done back to him banned camp?
GeorgiAg
AG
Gaw617 said:

The post from OP needs to be bumped on a monthly basis as a reminder to us all of how far we have fallen as a country and how many low IQ people we have here. You are now ostracized as an anti vaxxer if you don't want to take an experimental drug that seems to allow you to still get the Wuhan flu and allows you to give it to others and one where you still have to wear a mask. What person with average cognitive ability would take the vaccine?
"Experimental" 164,000,000 are fully vaccinated in the US. 2 BILLION worldwide.

I've had dTap, MMR, flu, shingles shots. What's one more? I have a scuba vacay planned for December in Grand Cayman. I want life to return to normal as quickly as possible. Cayman is planning to be open by then, but this new Delta variant and the large numbers of people unvaccinated are probably going to screw that up. Grrrr.

I support people's "right to choose" but I'm going to b*tch about it when you screw up my vacay. (Probably - delta variant may have screwed it up on its own even if errbody vaxxed.)
mwp02ag
AG
Feel free but don't place your anger on us for we can not change the status of your five trip at all, not one of us here can.

Place your blame on your god, government.
96ags
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

The post from OP needs to be bumped on a monthly basis as a reminder to us all of how far we have fallen as a country and how many low IQ people we have here. You are now ostracized as an anti vaxxer if you don't want to take an experimental drug that seems to allow you to still get the Wuhan flu and allows you to give it to others and one where you still have to wear a mask. What person with average cognitive ability would take the vaccine?

I've had dTap, MMR, flu, shingles shots. What's one more? I have a scuba vacay planned for December in Grand Cayman. I want life to return to normal as quickly as possible. Cayman is planning to be open by then, but this new Delta variant and the large numbers of people unvaccinated are probably going to screw that up. Grrrr.

I support people's "right to choose" but I'm going to b*tch about it when you screw up my vacay. (Probably - delta variant may have screwed it up on its own even if errbody vaxxed.)
5 different "I's" in that short post, but "errbody" else is the problem.

Some self reflection might do you some good.
samurai_science
GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

CDC says vaccinated spread the virus as well, so blame yourself. I already have true immunity
87IE
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

Quoted so it will be easier to find it IF Biden somehow bans travel to the Caribbean in December.
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
samurai_science
samurai_texan said:

GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

CDC says vaccinated spread the virus as well, so blame yourself. I already have true immunity
BTW the bolded is straight up ignoring the actual data....vaccinated have higher higher hospitalization rate against Delta.
Rex Racer
AG
Moose02 said:

Just want to say thanks to all the anti-vaxxers. Because of you, my wife and I get to deliver our second baby in isolation. Required quarantine before delivery. None of our family (or first kid) gets to be there. Who knows after that. Again, thanks. Enjoy your liberty.
Good. Too many people in the delivery room with video cameras these days. Give your wife some privacy.
GeorgiAg
AG
It's not Biden, it's the Caymanians. Right now, if you go you have to quarantine for 5 days if you are vaxxed. 14 days if not. That gets reduced in Nov or Dec, last I looked at their website.

A girl broke quarantine earlier this year and was thrown in jail for 6 months or something like that.
texsn95
AG
Hopefully IRL the OP isn't as much of a ****** as he comes across as on here.
texsn95
AG
GeorgiAg said:

A girl broke quarantine earlier this year and was thrown in jail for 6 months or something like that.
No doubt you support that behavior.
GeorgiAg
AG
No I don't. But when in are in another country, you have to play by their rules, stupid as they may be.
PA24
AG
Boohoo
Proc92
GeorgiAg said:

No I don't. But when in are in another country, you have to play by their rules, stupid as they may be.
Then you must be steamed at the inflow of illegals and their remaining in this country.
GeorgiAg
AG
samurai_texan said:

samurai_texan said:

GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

BTW the bolded is straight up ignoring the actual data....vaccinated have higher higher hospitalization rate against Delta.
Data? from where?

https://www.fox19.com/2021/07/28/unvaccinated-ohioans-represent-995-percent-ohios-2021-covid-19-deaths/
policywonk98
AG
Moose02 said:

Thanks all for the mostly humorous posts. I'm sure the thread will get nuked soon, but a few responses.

Obviously I'm going to enjoy and treasure this event, regardless of circumstances.

As far as who to blame, many of you seem to want the hospitals (and everyone else) to lift all restrictions regardless of case count. That's insane. Even in bad flu seasons delivery hospitals require vaccines and restrict the number of visitors.

At bottom here is my frustration with the conservative view of individualism. We don't live in a vacuum. The decision by large swaths of people to remain unvaccinated is disruptive to society at large, and will likely continue to be so. One of the main goals of the vaccine is to create a firewall, which takes everyone doing their part.

One conservative friend of mine said the cost of liberty of having AK47s is mass shootings. That same logic appears to be the same on Covid for many here. I understand but respectfully disagree.

Have a nice week all!

Sigh......

Do you realize that these are the largest groups of unvaccinated people?

Blacks
Latinos
18-44 year olds
Rural People

FYI: 3 of the 4 groups are not the bastions of conservative individualism that you seem to think they are.

Most old people are vaccinated. Both conservative and liberal. Rural people don't see alot of people. Even if you are posting to us from a rural county hospital, the likelihood you will interact with an unvaccinated resident of your rural county are slim to none.

65 and older is 85% vaccinated.
50-64 is 70% Vaccinated

Let me further illustrate the point. Not sure where you live, but......

Current total vaccination rates in heavy populated Counties in Texas:
Collin - 65+ 81% 12+ 62%
Dallas - 65+ 74% 12+ 52%
Williamson 65+ 83% 12+ 61%
Travis - 65+ 79% 12+ 63%
Ft Bend 65+ 88% 12+66%
Brazos 65+ 83% 12+ 45%
Harris 65+ 76% 12+ 54%

Notice anything here?
Yeah, the more conservative Counties are almost all more heavily vaccinated at 65+ than the more liberal counties. And most the 12+ are also more heavily vaxed in those same counties. Brazos is the only significant outlier in younger range.

So please. Just enjoy having your child. Your argument here does not hold any water.

You and your family are the victims of bad policy not conservative individualism keeping people unvaccinated.

GeorgiAg
AG
Proc92 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Then you must be steamed at the inflow of illegals and their remaining in this country.
Yes, I am. Preferred Trump policy on that.
samurai_science
GeorgiAg said:

samurai_texan said:

samurai_texan said:

GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

Data? from where?

https://www.fox19.com/2021/07/28/unvaccinated-ohioans-represent-995-percent-ohios-2021-covid-19-deaths/
Israel and UK

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

We have more....
_mpaul
AG
This thread delivers. (Get it? "Delivers"?)
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
samurai_science
GeorgiAg said:

samurai_texan said:

samurai_texan said:

GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

Data? from where?

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-in-israel-what-do-we-know-about-the-143-hospitalized-people-674508

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1001354/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_17.pdf

Lots more data to post, but I don't fee like it anymore, The flat earthers and anti science wont watch it.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
_mpaul said:

This thread delivers. (Get it? "Delivers"?)

Don't forget to tip your hostess
SVaggie84
AG
Since RSV is running rampant right now, that's probably a good thing that access to the baby is limited.

There is no vaccine for RSV, and it can be very dangerous to newborns. My twins got it. One was on a ventilator for a week and has a very bad brain injury, and the other one was on a ventilator for a month.

I'd be much more concerned about RSV with a newborn right now. Please talk to your doctor's about proper precautions.
LongVolatilityAg
AG
You lack critical thinking skills and I feel bad for your kid. Be better.

Good lord some people are so ****ing stupid.
samurai_science
oh no
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

good god. another one.

2 billion people vaxxed.. + hundreds of millions recovered with known natural immunity .. + a billion young children who don't get sick from it and don't appear to spread it .. + unknown billions unaffected/ non-symptomatic

if all the old people and obese people that wanted to get vaxxed have had the shot(s), then the only thing ruining your vacation is fascist government restrictions on your travel; not young healthy people who are hesitant about the vax. - they pose no risk to you if you're vaxxed and have almost no personal risk to themselves if they're not old or obese. ----unless you are suggesting the vaxxes don't work, in which case your blame is misplaced just like the OP.

These vaxxes aren't FDA approved. Pfizer and big pharma have contractual language in their contracts and purchase orders signed by their customers warning them that long term effects are not known. MMR, polio, all other inoculations regularly scheduled in the US have much longer track records. People have the right to wait longer on this experiment if they want. If the hospitals get overwhelmed again, it will be more and more breakthrough cases contributing to it - suggesting the vaxxes don't work...If not breakthrough cases, and the vax works great, then it will be unvaxxed young and healthy people, considering old and obese people have mostly been vaxxed. if the virus is attacking the young and healthy to the point that they are hospitalized in large numbers, that would suggest that the virus now far worse and far more deadly than it was when we were locked down flattening the curve last year--- but it's not and you know it.
Fenrir
The US is 6th in the world in terms of % of population being fully vaccinated and all current variants have originated in other countries but somehow it's the fault of unvaccinated Americans that your vacation in another country's territory may have issues?

That's certainly some interesting thoughts.
StoneCold99
AG
We had our first baby in May of last year, with full restrictions and only me and my wife were allowed in.

It was the best experience with just the two of us having all the time in the world to give to our new baby.

I think it's going to be weird for me when we have another and there are more people allowed in the Hospital.
Jmiller
Moose02 said:

Have a nice week all!

I don't think many here have reached the point of acknowledging the full risk and then accepting outcomes as has happened with our gun debate. They have already forgotten about herd immunity and mutation to preserve the fantasy of individualism. If the virus continues to spread, mutate and re-infect people over and over again, then that might change.

Thanks for visiting and taking the abuse for a worthy (if not futile) cause.
Decay
AG
If vaccinated people are spreading the virus then there's obviously some sort of mental disconnect you have to make by blaming the unvaccinated for the spread of COVID.

But yes, fight the liberal fight.
Daddy-O5
AG
Moose02 said:

I know this is a hard idea to grasp, but we (conservatives - not "the unvaccinated" - which is in fact largely not conservative) the ability to choose at an individual level is essential for a free a prosperous society, now and long term. The more we allow others, especially government entities to dictate our actions and the more we trade freedom for "safety" (safety being highly debatable with regards to COVID responses) the closer we actually get to facism (we're trending much more this way under a D regime rather than the last R Pres who was constantly called a dictator).

I acknowledge the actual science and potential benefits of the vaccine, therefore I've encouraged high risk folks to get it, and will likely get it myself at some point and time because I'll ultimately have to travel for work. So save any "anti-vax" talk. But the idea that "the unvaccinated" have inconvenienced you is blatantly disregarding the science and directing your ire towards the low hanging fruit, rather than the more complicated issue of how we prevent overreaching governments from taking illogical and anti-science measures that have helped create the situation you're in now.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Artorias
AG
OP, even if 100% of the US population was vaccinated, the power-hungry despots in blue cities and states, and in DC, would still demand the restrictions stay in place because of "muh mutations!"
aggieforester05
AG
Maybe you should quit voting for tyrannical Democrats that want to restrict your freedoms.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.