Thank you!

24,673 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

also, OPs brief F16 voting history shows that he is a hardcore libbie and that he voted for this.

self-owned

Again OP....

No ***** He should be more worried about what the policies he elected are going to do to BOTH of his kids in the future along with his wife.

Plus, he sure is cranky on his second kid already. I was pretty chill on the second, it's the first one that can make you act like a raging ******* to people you don't even know.
96ags
AG
fire09 said:

OP ghosted this thread quickly.
I'm curious how long a thread like this only in reverse would last on the Covid board.

evestor1
Quote:

As a father of 4,(7,5,3,18mo)

We have near exact age kids...until you have the fifth!
C@LAg
fire09 said:

It was a troll from the get-go.

Not even sure he has a wife and kid on the way.
RGLAG85
AG
C@LAg said:

There is nothing greater in this world then when a bad post brings all of forum 16 together.

I love you guys.
You were just testing.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
evestor1 said:

Quote:

As a father of 4,(7,5,3,18mo)

We have near exact age kids...until you have the fifth!

Time to get busy and catch up!
agAngeldad
QYB- 2 grandkids born during the past year amd missed 2 weddings all due to restrictions. But life goes on.
"If you got to tell em who you are, you ain't"
Point Man 81
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Also, rule 1 on the wife pre sex trophies!!

We've still got rules here!! How can we be a civilized society if we don't follow the rules here!!
No thanks. I have seen the "wives" of the soy milk boys and have a hard time telling which one is the "dude".
oldcrow91
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Congrats on the baby. Everyone of them is a blessing.

As a father of 4,(7,5,3,18mo) with number 5 due in September(yes, we are Catholic.) I will share my perspective. It may not fit your wife's birth plan and family but hopefully it can help you not place blame for policies and procedures on the incorrect parties.

I'll be honest, we are looking forward to #5, and not having to entertain family post birth. All you want to do is sleep, and recover. Having to clean up, and talk to people in a tiny room, when hopefully the baby is sleeping, is just even more exhausting.

It would be nice to get the family hospital picture like we have with our other kids, however, we can do that when we get home in a couple days. It's nothing tragic.

Personally, I think hospitals and other venues have loved using covid as continuing their excuse to limit visitors. It makes it a lot easier on the staff and medical personnel to not have to track, approve and follow visitor movements.

You have had several months during this pandemic to research and determine what your providers policies would be, so this should not be a surprise to you and your wife. Usually other options exist, midwife clinic, home birth etc. those are personal options you just weigh.

For full transparency, I had Covid last year, and I have not decided if I want to get the vaccine yet. I have no issue with it, other than I don't see enough evidence to warrant needing the shot. (I'm not scared of needles, I work at a blood bank and I am a 21 gallon donor.) my personal doctor and I have chatted several times and while he said he would go ahead and get it just cause, he also said he understands my perspective and thinks it is not unsafe for me.

My wife who is an RN, got the vaccine back in April. While pregnant (gasp!!!) she is fine, baby is fine and we had no worries about her and the safety/efficacy of the vaccine. Her dr and her consulted and was supportive either way. She opted in.

None of our kids have been, nor do we plan to have them vaccinated anytime soon. Not because we are worried about safety, we just don't see the need to vaccinate for something that will most likely not effect their health. The rest of the family is getting vaccinated to protect themselves that are in the at risk population, and that historically has been the best plan for society's to move forward. All our kids have been on the normal vaccine schedule for children for all other diseases. Except for 1 as she had some immune system issues and reactions early on, so she is on the delayed schedule so that we can isolate which ones she reacts to and not overwhelm her immune system as it develops.

And just so you don't think I'm lying. Rule one on me and the kids. Not posting wife pics.. sorry not sorry you GB creeps.

As a father of 4, as they become teenagers and then young adults.Courage,..Courage.

(Eventually they pay you back with grandkids)
Bobaloo
COVID is a joke. Deal with it.
Moose02
Thanks all for the mostly humorous posts. I'm sure the thread will get nuked soon, but a few responses.

Obviously I don't want family actually in the delivery room. Haha.

Obviously I'm going to enjoy and treasure this event, regardless of circumstances.

As far as who to blame, many of you seem to want the hospitals (and everyone else) to lift all restrictions regardless of case count. That's insane. Even in bad flu seasons delivery hospitals require vaccines and restrict the number of visitors.

At bottom here is my frustration with the conservative view of individualism. We don't live in a vacuum. The decision by large swaths of people to remain unvaccinated is disruptive to society at large, and will likely continue to be so. One of the main goals of the vaccine is to create a firewall, which takes everyone doing their part.

One conservative friend of mine said the cost of liberty of having AK47s is mass shootings. That same logic appears to be the same on Covid for many here. I understand but respectfully disagree.

Have a nice week all!
96ags
AG
Moose02 said:

Thanks all for the mostly humorous posts. I'm sure the thread will get nuked soon, but a few responses.

Obviously I'm going to enjoy and treasure this event, regardless of circumstances.

As far as who to blame, many of you seem to want the hospitals (and everyone else) to lift all restrictions regardless of case count. That's insane. Even in bad flu seasons delivery hospitals require vaccines and restrict the number of visitors.

At bottom here is my frustration with the conservative view of individualism. We don't live in a vacuum. The decision by large swaths of people to remain unvaccinated is disruptive to society at large, and will likely continue to be so. One of the main goals of the vaccine is to create a firewall, which takes everyone doing their part.

One conservative friend of mine said the cost of liberty of having AK47s is mass shootings. That same logic appears to be the same on Covid for many here. I understand but respectfully disagree.

Have a nice week all!
Grow up. Your kids will be better off if you do.
Cassius
hey OP, Israel is top 10% vaccination rate in the world and guess what... they are getting very restrictive again.

Is that because of the US citizens who wont get vaxxed?

Quote:

Israel announced plans on Thursday to allow only people who are deemed immune to Covid-19 or have recently tested negative to enter some public spaces such as restaurants, gyms and synagogues after a surge in coronavirus cases.

But some measures have already been reinstated, including wearing protective masks indoors and tighter entry requirements for incoming travelers, because of the rapid spread of the more infectious Delta variant of the coronavirus.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israel-reinstate-covid-19-green-pass-vaccine-certificates-delta-variant-n1274746

There are 195 countries and we have a population vax rate > 160 of them! And thats if you believe the stats on some of these asian countries.

ANSC Ag
AG
What level of beta is required for OP post. I'm guessing heavy beta.
Cassius
Moose02 said:

Have a nice week all!

You know what's sad...

You were provided with very logical replies as to why your assertion is nonsense. Yet, you either didn't read or didn't comprehend any of them.
cevans_40
AG
C@LAg said:

fire09 said:

It was a troll from the get-go.

Not even sure he has a wife and kid on the way.

Let's hope so.

These are exactly the type of people we don't need having children.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Moose02 said:

First, I doubt you have a friend that said that. Second, if you do, that guy is an idiot for saying that and you believing it.
TRADUCTOR
Wife is having a baby, time to get bent on mask policy.
akm91
AG
Husky Boy Jr. said:

Like the Republican governor of AL said - it's time to start blaming anti vax fools.
Blame the Gavin Newsome's and Gretchen Whitmores of the world.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
aggietony2010
AG
Moose02 said:

Have a nice week all!

So you read none of the responses, and had no intent of actually replying. Typical drive-by liberal troll.

At least the good news for you is that most hospitals will have CNN for you to watch as you ignore your wife laboring.
aggietony2010
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Moose02 said:

First, I doubt you have a friend that said that. Second, if you do, that guy is an idiot for saying that and you believing it.

Has there been a mass shooting in the US carried out with an AK? He can't even get his own made up talking point correct.
ChemEAg08
AG
Moose02 said:

Have a nice week all!

Have a nice week and I hope all goes well for the baby. Maybe one day you will learn what makes the US different from all other countries which is we value individual freedom and liberty. If you'd prefer to live somewhere where the country dictates to the nth degree what people can do, feel free to move to one.
Satellite of Love
Has anyone brought up the home birth option? You can have your 1st and whole family in the room as baby #2 plops out into the bloody stool pool water. Great way to get everyone involved.
Cassius
ChemEAg08 said:

Moose02 said:

Have a nice week all!

Have a nice week and I hope all goes well for the baby. Maybe one day you will learn what makes the US different from all other countries which is we value individual freedom and liberty. If you'd prefer to live somewhere where the country dictates to the nth degree what people can do, feel free to move to one.

The man who sacrifices freedom and liberty for security, will end up with neither.
Cassius
Satellite of Love said:

Has anyone brought up the home birth option? You can have your 1st and whole family in the room as baby #2 plops out into the bloody stool pool water. Great way to get everyone involved.
Sims
AG
I do love a good "this is what you voted for" thread!
aginlakeway
AG
Moose02 said:

Just want to say thanks to all the anti-vaxxers. Because of you, my wife and I get to deliver our second baby in isolation. Required quarantine before delivery. None of our family (or first kid) gets to be there. Who knows after that. Again, thanks. Enjoy your liberty.

No, it's because you got her pregnant 9 months ago. It's your fault.

Sims
AG
aginlakeway said:

Moose02 said:

Just want to say thanks to all the anti-vaxxers. Because of you, my wife and I get to deliver our second baby in isolation. Required quarantine before delivery. None of our family (or first kid) gets to be there. Who knows after that. Again, thanks. Enjoy your liberty.

No, it's because you got her pregnant 9 months ago. It's your fault.

You're not placing blame far enough back for CRT to be satisfied.
aginlakeway
AG
Moose02 said:

Have a nice week all!

You are to blame. You got her pregnant. EOT.
One Louder
AG
Five pages and no one has reminded OP to thank the Biden Administration for allowing thousands of illegals to stream across the border unabated who are carrying Covid and God knows what else?

That's disappointing!
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Moose02 said:

Maybe stop complaining and just enjoy the time between the three of you. Went through the same thing last year, and honestly it was nice not having people constantly coming in and out of our room.

I can tell you when our baby was about to come, posting on TexAgs wasn't on my mind at all. Maybe take a look at your priorities real quick.
titan
S
Moose02 said:

Not an anti-vaxxer, but would remind that the real problem is that there are never consequences for those making you deliver in quarantine and who have entirely forgotten this is the land of the free and not some European knock-off, let alone a jerry-rig version of the Soviet Union or a CCP wanna-be.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Ellis Wyatt
You seem to struggle with what the concept of freedom means. I hear Havana is lovely this time of year.
Moon Shadow
I know that numerous people in the panhandle, north of Lubbock, who did not take the vaccine on the advise of a local MD.
I am not aware of his(?) qualifications to make such a recommendation.
Whatever.
beerad12man
AG
Moose02 said:

I'm fully vaccinated, and to this day still recommend it to anyone that hasn't knowingly had covid, but it still amazes me how some of you can still place the blame on the wrong people. Typical politicians, create further divide.

15 days to control flatten the curve. We just need to make sure our medical staff is prepared for this.

Okay, so just two more weeks

Just wear a mask, we can get rid of covid in 4-6 weeks.

Just wear the mask a little longer

Once a vaccine comes out, we can get back to normal

Oh, the vaccine is out, we need to make sure it's widespread. So once every has access to it, we can get back to normal.

Wait, the vaccine is widespread, this still isn't enough. Now we have to coerce behavior, regardless of previous infection, but turning fellow Americans against one another. It's mask up forever, or get the "voluntary" vaccine.

Now, you hear about some saying they'll mask forever if they need to

Nevermind that hospitals are 1/5th of our peak, so we clearly have capacity for more, even if some are individually stressed(like every flu season).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.