Thank you!

24,678 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JFC typical liberal placing the blame on the wrong people. astonishing an educated person thinks this way. absolutely unreal.
Malibu
Baby Malibu2 #2 arrival sometime this week. My daughter will be born in an LA hospital which means masks pretty much at all times, a COVID test for my wife before her induction appointment (eyeroll...if she has COVID what, you're not going to deliver my kid?), and no visitors in the hospital. So it goes.

But it is what it is. Just enjoy your new baby and control what you can control. Be happy OP, this should be one of the greatest moments in your life, and your family will get to enjoy it in a few short days after you, mom, and baby get to go home.
ChemEAg08
AG
Jmiller said:

Moose02 said:

Thanks all for the mostly humorous posts. I'm sure the thread will get nuked soon, but a few responses.

Obviously I don't want family actually in the delivery room. Haha.

Obviously I'm going to enjoy and treasure this event, regardless of circumstances.

As far as who to blame, many of you seem to want the hospitals (and everyone else) to lift all restrictions regardless of case count. That's insane. Even in bad flu seasons delivery hospitals require vaccines and restrict the number of visitors.

At bottom here is my frustration with the conservative view of individualism. We don't live in a vacuum. The decision by large swaths of people to remain unvaccinated is disruptive to society at large, and will likely continue to be so. One of the main goals of the vaccine is to create a firewall, which takes everyone doing their part.

One conservative friend of mine said the cost of liberty of having AK47s is mass shootings. That same logic appears to be the same on Covid for many here. I understand but respectfully disagree.

Have a nice week all!

I don't think many here have reached the point of acknowledging the full risk and then accepting outcomes as has happened with our gun debate. They have already forgotten about herd immunity and mutation to preserve the fantasy of individualism. If the virus continues to spread, mutate and re-infect people over and over again, then that might change.

Thanks for visiting and taking the abuse for a worthy (if not futile) cause.

Straight out of the communist manifesto.

"Oh, comrade! There is no such thing as individualism. We all must do our fair share for the motherland. All must comply or end up in the basement of the Lubyanka".
LoneStarFree
You're welcome, bud. I hope the kid doesn't turn out to be a poon like his old man.

Better yet, why don't you thank ol' potato Joe for allowing millions of infected illegals to pour across the southern border?
ChemEAg08
AG
Malibu2 said:

Baby Malibu2 #2 arrival sometime this week. My daughter will be born in an LA hospital which means masks pretty much at all times, a COVID test for my wife before her induction appointment (eyeroll...if she has COVID what, you're not going to deliver my kid?), and no visitors in the hospital. So it goes.

But it is what it is. Just enjoy your new baby and control what you can control. Be happy OP, this should be one of the greatest moments in your life, and your family will get to enjoy it in a few short days after you, mom, and baby get to go home.

Why roll your eyes? This is what you voted for. I thought you'd be ecstatic.
Fenrir
Artorias said:

OP, even if 100% of the US population was vaccinated, the power-hungry despots in blue cities and states, and in DC, would still demand the restrictions stay in place because of "muh mutations!"
More than that, even if the US was 100% vaccinated the rest of the world is not and it's not particularly close to being so either. Variants are going to occur. Hopefully vaccination and natural immunity continue to help decrease the overall risk of the virus but the idea that we can prevent mutations and variants just does not hold water. It's an infectious disease that has mutating multiple times in less than a year. The vast majority of the rest of the world, including some of the most populated and densely population regions, are nowhere near the vaccination levels of the US and western Europe.

But somehow people are blaming unvaccinated Americans for variants which originated in foreign nations that seem to evade some of the protections the vaccines are supposed to provide.

India has a sub 10% full vaccination rate and is closing in on 20% of the world's population but yeah I'm sure the US being fully vaccinated is going to stop mutations/variants.
FrioAg 00
AG
Same. Please separate the idea of being for or against the vaccine from the idea of free choice can government control.

I'm all for the vaccine, and even more so for vulnerable people where the math favors vaccine risk over covid risk. I got it on the first day it was available to me, back in December. My wife got it a month later.

But I am staunchly opposed to the view that society, via the government which allegedly represents them, should be able to mandate vaccine. That includes all the methods they are trying - such as taking away other freedoms without a vaccine. This violation of personal liberty is symptomatic of how the greatest nation to ever exist to date has declined rapidly and is quickly fading as the bastion of freedom. America is a shadow of its former self.

Those that have never had to fight or sacrifice for freedom are doomed to devalue it and give it away in the name of sweet sounding ideals. They'll do so right up until they are confronted with the government official's boot in their back. Then they'll cry and lament "what happened? How did we get here?" when it was really attitudes just like the OP that deliver us into the hands of tyranny.

Sure OP can return, as he did, with a modified tone and suddenly try to sound "logical" and mask his contempt for other's freedoms. But unfortunately it's already on full display on the opening post. He feels like he should get to choose important health decisions for all others so that HE can have his idealistic experience welcoming little Snowflake Jr into the world.

It's not about the disease or the shot. It's about the principle of freedom - which is far more serious. This disease has killed hundreds of thousands. Loss of liberty has killed 1000 times that many.
GeorgiAg
AG
Decay said:

If vaccinated people are spreading the virus then there's obviously some sort of mental disconnect you have to make by blaming the unvaccinated for the spread of COVID.

But yes, fight the liberal fight.
It's about reducing viral load. Less viral load means you are less likely to transmit the virus to others and have few viruses to potential mutate and create more harmful variants.

Quote:

In general, people who are vaccinated and get infected have less virus. "That lower viral load makes it less likely for you to transmit not impossible by any means but less likely," Gandhi said.

While there aren't yet results from that study, Fauci added, the lower viral load in breakthrough cases suggests "it would be less likely that that vaccinated breakthrough person would transmit, compared to an unvaccinated person."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/07/21/1018872469/worried-about-breakthrough-covid-cases-heres-what-to-know
aggieforester05
AG
We recently took my step daughter to see a neurologist after she had her first seizure following a traumatic brain injury seven years ago. I wanted to be present along with her mother and father because I need to know what to do to care for her in that situation when I'm taking care of her and her mother isn't home. The neurologist worked in a stand alone office under Cook's Children's. They would not let me attend the meeting when we got there because they have a "two person limit" in the doctor's office. I reluctantly agreed to wait and turned to go sit in the waiting room which was large and empty. They told me no, that I couldn't wait in the waiting room and had to leave the building. My options were to stand in the Texas heat or sit in the car. I of course called the hospital's customer support line and politely lodged a complaint and stated that their policy is putting my step daughter at risk, but I'm sure it will make no difference.

Ridiculous! I despise liberalism and the tyrannical idiots that enforce their stupidity.
Malibu
ChemEAg08 said:

Malibu2 said:

I roll my eyes at dumb policies in the same way I roll my eyes at posts like this. The all or nothing, Team Red vs. Blue lack of common sense that dictates American life these days.
Ellis Wyatt
GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

The post from OP needs to be bumped on a monthly basis as a reminder to us all of how far we have fallen as a country and how many low IQ people we have here. You are now ostracized as an anti vaxxer if you don't want to take an experimental drug that seems to allow you to still get the Wuhan flu and allows you to give it to others and one where you still have to wear a mask. What person with average cognitive ability would take the vaccine?
"Experimental" 164,000,000 are fully vaccinated in the US. 2 BILLION worldwide.
What happens after 5 years? 10 years?
beerad12man
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Decay said:

If vaccinated people are spreading the virus then there's obviously some sort of mental disconnect you have to make by blaming the unvaccinated for the spread of COVID.

It's about reducing viral load. Less viral load means you are less likely to transmit the virus to others and have few viruses to potential mutate and create more harmful variants.

Quote:

In general, people who are vaccinated and get infected have less virus. "That lower viral load makes it less likely for you to transmit not impossible by any means but less likely," Gandhi said.

While there aren't yet results from that study, Fauci added, the lower viral load in breakthrough cases suggests "it would be less likely that that vaccinated breakthrough person would transmit, compared to an unvaccinated person."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/07/21/1018872469/worried-about-breakthrough-covid-cases-heres-what-to-know
Funny, because the argument for putting masks back on everyone is that the viral load was the same
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Thunderstormr said:

This is an Aggie joke right? I can't seriously believe that graduates of our revered institution of higher education can truly be so ignorant of the tremendous need for mass vaccination for this plague. Surely the vast majority of our friends and classmates are not buying that anti-vaccination drivel.
I'm not, and the majority of us, are not anti-vax as we are anti-forced decision.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
beerad12man
AG
Malibu2 said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Malibu2 said:

I roll my eyes at dumb policies in the same way I roll my eyes at posts like this. The all or nothing, Team Red vs. Blue lack of common sense that dictates American life these days.
The all or nothing in this voting was literally freedom vs not, particularly with regards to covid. A vote for Biden was a vote for prolonged covid restrictions and return to normalcy. I tried to tell this to a couple of loved ones. We still love each other, but they didn't get it then, and still don't now. They still blame the unvaxed, when its clear there would be no way we'd be under any restrictions, or even threats of restrictions, right now if Trump was president.

This wasn't a minor issue that just comes with the territory on who you vote for. This was arguably the single biggest issue in this election. Covid response (obviously along with in general fighting to keep America what it is, a free society where individualism is allowed unlike most countries)
Jmiller
TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

This is an Aggie joke right? I can't seriously believe that graduates of our revered institution of higher education can truly be so ignorant of the tremendous need for mass vaccination for this plague. Surely the vast majority of our friends and classmates are not buying that anti-vaccination drivel.
I'm not, and the majority of us, are not anti-vax as we are anti-forced decision.

It's hyperbolic to say forced vaccination is being seriously debated. But this forum does love its hyperbola. I've already been called a communist on this thread. LOL
Daddy-O5
AG
Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

It's hyperbolic to say forced vaccination is being seriously debated. But this forum does love its hyperbola. I've already been called a communist on this thread. LOL
Biden says vaccine mandate for all federal employees is under consideration following VA order (cnbc.com)

This isn't to the level of a nationwide mandate yet, but to say it's "hyperbolic" is a gross understatement.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Malibu
beerad12man said:

Malibu2 said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Malibu2 said:

The all or nothing in this voting was literally freedom vs not, particularly with regards to covid. A vote for Biden was a vote for prolonged covid restrictions and return to normalcy. I tried to tell this to a couple of loved ones. We still love each other, but they didn't get it then, and still don't now. They still blame the unvaxed, when its clear there would be no way we'd be under any restrictions, or even threats of restrictions, right now if Trump was president.

This wasn't a minor issue that just comes with the territory on who you vote for. This was arguably the single biggest issue in this election. Covid response (obviously along with in general fighting to keep America what it is, a free society where individualism is allowed unlike most countries)
Here we go again with the all or nothing freedom vs. tyranny. In a world without vaccines and a disease that picks off the old and unhealthy, lockdowns and restrictions on gatherings to prevent a communicable disease is an ok policy. In world where effective vaccines exist and you have a choice, my enthusiasm for lockdowns and restrictions is nil.
Fenrir
Quote:

In world where effective vaccines exist and you have a choice, my enthusiasm for lockdowns and restrictions is nil.
Which is why you voted for a politician that wants to restrict freedoms and cheers for lockdowns of course.
cevans_40
AG
Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Well if the shoe fits......
Jmiller
J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Biden says vaccine mandate for all federal employees is under consideration following VA order (cnbc.com)

This isn't to the level of a nationwide mandate yet, but to say it's "hyperbolic" is a gross understatement.

Do you consider vaccine requirements for children to attend public school to be forced vaccination?

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
No, it's really not hyperbolic. In fact, I would posit just the opposite. What many in leadership positions are proposing would essentially mean that if you aren't vaccinated that you would not be eligible to participate in society. No flights, restrictions where you can go, encouragement of social ostracism, etc.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
aggieforester05
AG
Jmiller said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

Do you consider vaccine requirements for children to attend public school to be forced vaccination?

Yes, if their parents can not afford private school or the time to home school, then they will be threatened with jail by truancy officers.
aggieforester05
AG
What the leftist don't seem to get, is that the more they yell it, the less conservatives will be willing to do it. Leftists lost ALL credibility over the last five years due to their reckless, dishonest, and absolutely disgusting behavior. Conservatives trust your recommendations less than a taco bell fart. The more fervor the left has for vaccinating everyone, the further you'll push away the people you spent the last five years lying to on a daily basis. You got Trump out, congrats, but you did so at the expense of any credibility you had left.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Gaw617 said:

The post from OP needs to be bumped on a monthly basis as a reminder to us all of how far we have fallen as a country and how many low IQ people we have here. You are now ostracized as an anti vaxxer if you don't want to take an experimental drug that seems to allow you to still get the Wuhan flu and allows you to give it to others and one where you still have to wear a mask. What person with average cognitive ability would take the vaccine?
"Experimental" 164,000,000 are fully vaccinated in the US. 2 BILLION worldwide.

I've had dTap, MMR, flu, shingles shots. What's one more? I have a scuba vacay planned for December in Grand Cayman. I want life to return to normal as quickly as possible. Cayman is planning to be open by then, but this new Delta variant and the large numbers of people unvaccinated are probably going to screw that up. Grrrr.

I support people's "right to choose" but I'm going to b*tch about it when you screw up my vacay. (Probably - delta variant may have screwed it up on its own even if errbody vaxxed.)
Man Beta card revoked for using vacay.
tycolab1@yahoo.com
I think someone may have to read it to him. His crying has probably caused his eyes to turn red and puffy. If he was reading it I sure hope he at least waited until the child was born. It would be a tough thing to miss after setting himself up for this.
Decay
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Decay said:

Quote:

Your info is old. They now think the Delta variant has the same viral loading, you're just better protected against the effects if you're vaccinated.

Meaning if you're worried about COVID, get the vax. Masks, vax, etc aren't going to stop the spread (and goalposts moving now about how it was never about stopping the spread but... Something else?) Is BS.

The virus continues to show that lockdowns and masks don't work. Get the vax if you want it. Stop pushing to make it required. That's it.
Carlo4
AG
Mad about freedom of choice.... chooses to have another kid.
akm91
AG
Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

If you can't get a job without being vaccinated, does this not fall into forced vaccination or are you just here to play semantics as libs are wont to do?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Decay
AG
akm91 said:

Jmiller said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Thunderstormr said:

If you can't get a job without being vaccinated, does this not fall into forced vaccination or are you just here to play semantics as libs are wont to do?

These people hear dog whistles of white supremacists when people wear white clothes, but can't see that jobs requiring vaccinations to work are restrictions.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Tough scene for the OP.

Ellis Wyatt
TheEyeGuy said:

No, it's really not hyperbolic. In fact, I would posit just the opposite. What many in leadership positions are proposing would essentially mean that if you aren't vaccinated that you would not be eligible to participate in society. No flights, restrictions where you can go, encouragement of social ostracism, etc.
Dehumanization.
TyHolden
AG
20 pages [UNDER - STAFF]
5 permas [UNDER - STAFF]
10 regular bans [OVER - STAFF]

[PLEASE SEND STAFF'S WINNINGS TO THE TEXAGS OFFICE. THANKS, STAFF]
Change Detection
AG
Working with a colleague who just tested positive, had the Phizer shot in March. He is not feeling well at all. This vaccine is not preventing infection in the slightest.
LoneStarFree
Hmm, turns out people like you are responsible for this crap.

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-says-fully-vaccinated-people-201508057.html
Decay
AG
I mean if you just look at it from a macro level... The virus wouldn't select for vaccinated hosts without an abundance of them. Anyone willing to admit the vax contributes to vax resistant strains?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.