They've done it. They have decolonized some land for themselves.

35,153 Views | 365 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Yesterday
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully they are all charged by the state for the cost of their rescue come Dec
Ag97
AG
In that little video clip it looks like they are "building" their first structure in a gully. Do they not know why the gully is there in the first place? Can't wait for that first flash flood to happen. Should be entertaining.
TexasRebel
AG
And even the government should know you can't farm 10,000 feet above sea level.

-McClintock
GCRanger
AG
LOL. Single 2x4 across a gully at a level that will get easily washed away. These people have no idea what they are doing. A decent DIY bridge across that is going to cost them a fortune, especially when they have to keep rebuilding it.
nortex97
AG
'Decent?'

Many LOL's.
Tanya 93
will they be more successful than the kids?

Quote:

The show, featuring 40 children aged 8 to 15, was filmed on location at the Bonanza Creek Movie Ranch, a privately owned town built on the ruins of Bonanza City, New Mexico, 8 miles south of Santa Fe.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Nation#cite_note-TVWeek-4][4][/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Nation#cite_note-5][5][/url]
The show stresses the difficulty in creating a viable society. While each child received $5,000 for their involvement, Gold Stars valued at $20,000 and $50,000 were awarded to select outstanding participants as decided by the elected Town Council.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Nation#cite_note-6][6][/url]
Speaking before an audience of television reviewers, producer Tom Forman acknowledged that Kid Nation would inevitably share some elements with William Golding's novel Lord of the Flies, which depicted planewrecked children without adult supervision. Adults were present off-camera during production, including cameramen, producers, a medic, and a child psychologist, although all interacted with the children as little as possible. Participants also missed a month of school, but Forman suggested that such real-world tasks as preparing a group breakfast, doing physical chores like fetching water, and making group decisions constituted an educational experience in its own right. Forman said that all participants were cleared by a team of psychologists and any child could choose to go home during any of the periodical town meetings, which three did.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Nation#cite_note-LATimes-2][2][/url]
HalifaxAg
AG
Does remind anyone of "the road called me" guy...and an obligatory, are they dead yet?

HalifaxAg
AG
Is Wakanda for sale yet? ...asking for a friend
BigRobSA
GCRanger said:

LOL. Single 2x4 across a gully at a level that will get easily washed away. These people have no idea what they are doing. A decent DIY bridge across that is going to cost them a fortune, especially when they have to keep rebuilding it.
If Al Gore hadn't made the internet so racist, they'd be able to navigate it and find a DIY on building a bridge.

But....NOOOOOOOO!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
mosdefn14
AG
Anyone know if they're harvesting yet?
TexAgs91
AG
HTownAg98 said:

"Lush"

Waiting to see what happens when they try to irrigate without a permit. Or dispose waste without a permit. Or divert water for drinking without a permit...

Nothing. They're in the protected class.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
unmade bed
Looks like they are having a Rally next Tuesday. 8 people are going if any of you are interested in joining:

https://blackhammer.org/hammercity/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_8a6f8a6b670578da42f938d22e719b1351a9e4a2-1627062938-0-gqNtZGzNAeKjcnBszQZ6
justcallmeharry
S
Wondering how many sacks have been filled with earth to date...
I Like Mike
AG
This needs to be cross posted on OB for the ag aspect alone.
oldarmyjess66
AG
Come on, Man...this has to be a joke, right?
There can't possibly be 200 people that dumb.
Nitro Power
AG
oldarmyjess66 said:

Come on, Man...this has to be a joke, right?
There can't possibly be 200 people that dumb
The number 81,000,000 comes to mind
GTdad
On the plus side, I see where a guy could pick up 200 acres of land in Colorado pretty cheap. Probably in January or February.
DeWrecking Crew
From the Website

Quote:

Hammer City

Hammer City is Black Hammer Organization's latest project!
  • Building a city for all people of color to be free (no discrimination of nationality, gender, age, mental/physical differences, etc)
  • Jobs, housing, food, healthcare
  • No cops, no rent, no Coronavirus, and no white people
  • Returning the land to Indigenous people
  • Building the first Hammer City in Colorado

gambochaman
AG
How have I not seen this greatness until just now

Bwahahahahahahahahha
eric76
AG
HTownAg98 said:

"Lush"

Waiting to see what happens when they try to irrigate without a permit. Or dispose waste without a permit. Or divert water for drinking without a permit...
If I remember correctly, Colorado is the strictest state about people collecting rainwater for household use.
Fairview
AG
There's a thread right now on the outdoors board about this exact thing. You are right about the strict water laws. I'll repeat something I said on that thread which is we bought a small ranch last year in Colorado and had to retain a water attorney to make sure irrigation rights were all good. There's also the rainwater collection stuff you alluded to.

Most importantly for these guys is digging the well. There's land real cheap in Colorado in some parts but in every case I've seen it's because there's no water to be had when digging a well.

They may not also realize that a lot of Colorado is high desert and by the looks of those pics they are in the middle of that which makes the water thing exponentially more important.

TRADUCTOR
Their whole budget will get them an entitlement for a couple of fireplaces. Indigenous ones.
Saltwater Assassin
AG
From the website: "no discrimination"

Also from the website: "no white people"
Maroon Dawn
AG
Saltwater Assassin said:

From the website: "no discrimination"

Also from the website: "no white people"

"Build a city"

"Return land to indigenous peoples"

SW-14
AG
I didn't realize blacks were indigenous.
ballchain
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Please tell me these fools have started another colony somewhere and are videoing it. We could all use a laugh.
Engine10
AG
This is like a worse Fyre Festival, didn't even think that was possible
Stat Monitor Repairman
Some youtuber should sneak in there with a camera.
GAC06
AG
Engine10 said:

This is like a worse Fyre Festival, didn't even think that was possible

Need a Tiger King style documentary for these idiots
Fightin2010
AG
See: Wild, Wild, Country. This will be the same but worse.
GAC06
AG
Yeah but I'd like some candid shots. Let them think it's propaganda for them then let us laugh
exp
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Wow, they probably spent half of their $60k raised so far on that pristine wood board there.

I don't work in construction but I'm really impressed by what I'm seeing here.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Was that a 15 min time lapse for where to put a board for a bridge over a dry bed?
wbt5845
AG
Man, they really are envisioning Wakanda, aren't they

Proposed housing:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.