They've done it. They have decolonized some land for themselves.

35,169 Views | 365 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Yesterday
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am sad every time I see Wakanda as an aspiration.

Wakanda had something these people will never have. A fictional metal that is the basis for all of its technology, including but not limited to weapons, water purification, medicine, and food production.

The reason Wakanda was so powerful doesn't really exist.

This will end just like the Autonomous zone in Seattle ended. Blood and violence.
titan
S

All that is true, but by a Wakanda, have always taken people are trying to imagine a black Israel model.

They don't stop to think about the vibranium being so essential and the rest of the mythos!
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
CactusThomas
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Well, crap, they took the Tweet down. Probably got bombarded with too much truth. Expect the web site to be shut down soon.

If you can still see the images, does anyone else doubt that all the photos were from the same 200 acres? A dry gully on a mountainside, a raging river, and scrub brush, all on one property?

I fully believe that this was nothing more than a photoshoot/fundraiser. This was a short hike that let's them claim that they spent all their donations and now need more.
ironmanag
AG
titan said:

All that is true, but by a Wakanda, have always taken people are trying to imagine a black Israel model.

They don't stop to think about the vibranium being so essential and the rest of the mythos!
Problem is there are already numerous "Black" nations.

They don't seem to want to move to those however.
thirdcoast
AG
ironmanag said:

Wakanda had something these people will never have. A fictional metal that is the basis for all of its technology, including but not limited to weapons, water purification, medicine, and food production.

This will end just like the Autonomous zone in Seattle ended. Blood and violence.

I think it will just end in the very first blizzard.
titan
S
ironmanag said:

titan said:

Or move to one and make it exclusively so, which seems part of the mythos. You are right about that.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
BQ_90
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

chimpanzee said:

Rich soil, lush and fertile. At 10,000'. Hope you enjoy eating scrubby pine trees.

These guys are the worst land speculators since the Allen brothers sold Houston as a city on a bluff overlooking a river navigable from blue water.

Rich soil, growing salt cedar and other brush. Hardly a blade of grass in sight.

Lush soil, if you discount the huge gully, 50% slope, and the 99% rock content

that dog better watch out, he's gonna be dinner in a month
CanyonAg77
AG
CactusThomas said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Well, crap, they took the Tweet down. Probably got bombarded with too much truth. Expect the web site to be shut down soon.

If you can still see the images, does anyone else doubt that all the photos were from the same 200 acres? A dry gully on a mountainside, a raging river, and scrub brush, all on one property?

I fully believe that this was nothing more than a photoshoot/fundraiser. This was a short hike that let's them claim that they spent all their donations and now need more.

I think you nailed it. Their plan to build in Florida, changed to Colorado, no accounting of where they are in CO, and the vastly different terrain.

It's a scam.
Burdizzo
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

I don't understand how for thousands of years people haven't just decided to go on top of these beautiful mountains and have farms and instead did it in the valleys where the views aren't as nice just because they have a few feet of topsoil.
I've often laughed at how in my part of the world, the flat land used to command a premium, back when land had to pay for itself. Today, the premium properties are off the caprock, or in the Palo Duro, Tule Creek, and Tierra Blanca canyon lands.

"Pretty" is more important than "productive" these days.

One hundred years ago, you could hardly give some of that land away.

See also: Texas Hill Country.

There was a reason the only people that lived out there for the longest time we're goat farmers and cedar choppers. (Some of my ancestors)
Turf96
Looks like the prior land owner finally found a group that had not taken an ag class.

How long until dollar general builds just on the edge of town?

You could not settle that land and produce enough food for one family to make it through winter off the whole property. These idiots think they will create a utopia up there? Common sense is dead and so will these fools be if they don't back out soon.

When I opened this I thought it was in South Africa not Colorado. We really do have a complete population of idiots. No clue how much has been done for these fools for generations. They will fail hard and then it will be somebody else's faults.
AGinHI
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

CactusThomas said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think you nailed it. Their plan to build in Florida, changed to Colorado, no accounting of where they are in CO, and the vastly different terrain.

It's a scam.
Good call.

I'll be honest, with all the autonomous zones popping up, they had me fooled. I mean, young people are doing a lot of stupid things so this was just more stupidity.

Didn't ask myself the question in my own sig line.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Romello
This is hilarious. I can't tell if I'm readings an SNL skit or real life these days. 10,000 ft. Great soil.

thirdcoast
AG
I laugh at the pathetic attempt to pretend raising your fist in the air means anything anymore. It did in the 50s and 60s, but today it's just an IG virtue signal about as meaningful as a black square.
Maroon Dawn
AG
This needs to have a reality TV crew filming it
Burdizzo
AG
ironmanag said:

titan said:

Those nations are probably scared of gentrification.
hunter2012
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

hunter2012 said:

This is the great irony about communism. Our free society allows that, if they want to live in a collective and pool their resources willingly they are absolutely allowed to do so. But the theory always fails because the practice of putting human individuals into a collective removes agency and incentive from any individual in it. Making it unfeasible. Then it always comes down to coercion to incentivize and humanity is back to the same cycle of creating demagogues and oligarchies.

That's not entirely true. Bernie Sanders was once kicked out of a commune for being lazy and doing nothing but talking. Some won't force you to work, they just won't share anymore if you're not pulling your weight. It's like getting fired.
That's exactly what I'm talking about, these communes exist and if it's voluntary it's feasible, but there will always be the Bernies out there ready to leach if given the opportunity. When it's government policy then off course people will work to eat and survive. But there's still no incentive to do the extra work and go the extra mile because there's no incentive for it. Most will do the bare necessity to survive and only the politically motivated will do more.
Squadron7
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
For people trying to avoid colonialism, it seems to be the most common word in their constitution. They also don't seem to understand what it is, and that it is largely unrelated to capitalism.
MouthBQ98
AG
Wait until they drink the water and get giardia the first time. They'll be "depending" on Coloradans for help.
rab79
AG
family ran cows on national forest land at 10,000 feet on the Grand Mesa in Colorado but only during the summer. Cows came down to private land at 7000 feet during the winter and stayed in the barn eating alfalfa hay baled off irrigated fields.

Reality will be a cold ***** come September at 10,000 feet.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
CanyonAg77
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Wait until they drink the water and get giardia the first time. They'll be "depending" on Coloradans for help.
NO!

You must not be a colonizer! They will not accept anything from "bleach" people, and we must respect that! Let them heal with chanting, incense, prayers to Gia, and shouting "WAKANDA!" a lot.
jrdaustin
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
Wouldn't it be epic if they purchased land on a Native American reservation.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
AggieRain said:

I dont think they know how soil works...

Something about the way this is written made me bust out laughing.
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

And War Rhinos. Don't forget War Rhinos.
DTP02
AG
This smells strongly of a Galt's Gulch (the real life scam in Chile, not the fictional one) situation. Has fraud and failure written all over it.
chimpanzee
FarmerJohn said:

chimpanzee said:

Rich soil, lush and fertile. At 10,000'. Hope you enjoy eating scrubby pine trees.

These guys are the worst land speculators since the Allen brothers sold Houston as a city on a bluff overlooking a river navigable from blue water.
I came here just to post this picture.

Looks like they have learned marketing. I look forward to seeing them make the desert bloom, especially in the drought that they are experiencing. If they do, this will be even more impressive than the Israelis achievements. They needed water. What a proud moment for this group when they achieve what neither the white man or the Jews could do. Shall we check back this time next year?

It worked for the Allens, so I should probably qualify that as best/worst.
Athanasius
AG
Do Irish count as "colonized peoples"?
Sully Dog
doubledog said:

I will wait for winter and at least 10 ft of snow to solve this problem.

There is no 10ft of snow in that part of the colorado. Looks like the NW part of the state.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
chimpanzee
Athanasius said:

Do Irish count as "colonized peoples"?

I blame the Sumerians.
chimpanzee
Sully Dog said:

doubledog said:

There is no 10ft of snow in that part of the colorado. Looks like the NW part of the state.
Too damned desolate for moisture of any kind in that case. What locals there were fell over and died when the wind stopped blowing that one time.
Satellite of Love
Turf96 said:

Looks like the prior land owner finally found a group that had not taken an ag class.

How long until dollar general builds just on the edge of town?

You could not settle that land and produce enough food for one family to make it through winter off the whole property. These idiots think they will create a utopia up there? Common sense is dead and so will these fools be if they don't back out soon.

When I opened this I thought it was in South Africa not Colorado. We really do have a complete population of idiots. No clue how much has been done for these fools for generations. They will fail hard and then it will be somebody else's faults.
They'll just order Uber Eats everyday to keep them nurished!
Sully Dog
thirdcoast said:

ironmanag said:

I think it will just end in the very first blizzard.
All the pictures are of juniper trees. It doesn't snow very hard there.
Sully Dog
chimpanzee said:

Sully Dog said:

doubledog said:

Too damned desolate for moisture of any kind in that case. What locals there were fell over and died when the wind stopped blowing that one time.
No kidding. If you have every driven through South Pass Wyoming the most dangerous thing is when the wind stops blowing. The drivers on the road all keep the wheel turned a good 30 degrees just to stay in their lane. When the wind stops blowing every car on the highway swerves all at once.

From the photos I'm guessing it's near Craig or Pueblo
Satellite of Love
They will be using holistic medicine to cure their ills!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.