They've done it. They have decolonized some land for themselves.

35,173 Views | 365 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Yesterday
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rydyn said:

I hope they realize that not many crops will grow well at that altitude.

Rhubarb stew, anyone?
Cooking many items would be more difficult as well with the resulting drop in the boiling point of water.

10,000 feet should mean something like 192 F. That can make a big difference in the time needed to boil or simmer anything.
combat wombat™
AG
Hey, so how about anytime a group of these morons decides they are going to create their own, sovereign cit/state/nation we let the? We can even build a wall for them... and not let them back out?
CactusThomas
AG
YouBet said:

Speaking of black communist rebels, how is the east Austin liberation going I wonder? They took an entire neighborhood out of America a few months back.

No, they didn't. They set up a few tents at rosewood park for a couple weeks. They made a big fuss on social media to raise money. That's it. These are scams.

I doubt anyone even spends the night out there in CO. Did yall see any equipment for building a city? Did you see a single tent?
BBRex
AG
I thought everything modern was a construct of the capitalist paradigm. They should start from scratch, "Naked and Afraid" style. I don't want them blaming any part of capitalism when this thing implodes.
Fireman
AG
I'll take the over that we spend > $1 million rescuing these fools off the mountain side in December. At that point it will be 2 or 3 creepy older dudes and 4 or 5 teen girls that could not escape, all "peacefully communing" together.
annie88
AG
So racist organization is going to get a racist location to basically install Jim Crowe laws and keep people out due to their race.

Congratulations on making so much progress with your racism.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
eric76
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

What's the over/under on how long before we hear they are petitioning the U.S. officials/government for financial assistance to build their 'independent' colony? 1 year? 2 years?
Or to become their own state with electoral votes as well as a member of the House and two Senators.
eric76
AG
BLM strikes me as being destroyers, not builders.
Jaydoug
AG
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Burdizzo said:

So if some breaks the law in that town is it called Hammer Crime?

Because I want there to be a lw enforcement campaign called Stop Hammer Crime.

And if they put you in jail, it will be "Hammer Time".

No conjugal visits either. Can't touch this when you're in jail.
This line of humor is too legit to quit.
dmart90
AG
Who's going to tell them about the bears?
OleArmyBQ68
AG
Where's the nearest white civilization? Towns? How far will their raiding parties have to travel to steal?
This ain't downtown Minneapolis.
AgBQ-00
AG
dmart90 said:

Who's going to tell them about the bears?
we talking

Or

bmks270
AG
I think we should designate some land in this country to exiles.
Aggieangler93
AG
LOL at this whole thread!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
TailG8TR
AG
Does anyone actually have an idea of just where within Colo this land they are talking about is located ?
BQ_90
AG
TailG8TR said:

Does anyone actually have an idea of just where within Colo this land they are talking about is located ?
wait a couple weeks and then follow the buzzards
txags92
AG
bmks270 said:

I think we should designate some land in thso country to exiles
NYC seems like a good place to start...or maybe Berkley.
TRADUCTOR
500,000 go fund me goal.
Wait till they find out there is nothing to buy in Black Hammer City. Next they will be marching down to the nearest city RV Super Center before fleshing out that idea.

Best to start planning a rescue before they starve...smelling an epic reality show.
policywonk98
AG
Athanasius said:

Do Irish count as "colonized peoples"?

Yes. As were the English, Spanish, Germans.

Quite honestly, I'm struggling to think of a single people group that hasn't been colonized at some point in the last 2,000 years.
BigRobSA
policywonk98 said:

Athanasius said:

Quite honestly, I'm struggling to think of a single people group that hasn't been colonized at some point in the last 2,000 years.
Romans?

Greeks?

Eskimos?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
chimpanzee
policywonk98 said:

Athanasius said:

Recorded history is pretty much all about "colonization", going back to Babylon. No one laments the fall of Alexandria to Arab "colonizers", or the fall of Alexandria to Alexander for that matter.
AgBQ-00
AG
All three colonizers and colonized.
FCBlitz
Can you imagine carry all of that fry oil up there? No deep freezes to keep boxes of breaded items.

Day 3 entry at the start of Winter : Most of the colony left today for California....
policywonk98
AG
Pretty sure Greeks were colonized within the last 2,000 years.

Rome doesn't exist. Seems like after colonizing their fall led to being colonized. Although I was thinking of a currently identified people groups. Are there people out there that still identify as Romans?

Aren't the Eskimo indigenous to regions of Canada, Alaska, and Russia? Is that not mean they are colonized? Have they always had autonomy? I don't know alot about them, so I don't really know.
doubledog
BigRobSA said:

policywonk98 said:

Athanasius said:

Romans?

Greeks?

Eskimos?
The Native Americans are not native to Colorado either. They are from East Asia and Siberia (central Asia)
AggieIce
AG
Looks like Southern Colorado near Pueblo

Summers get hot there and there are massive hail storms
Tree Hugger
AG
In some way, is this akin to them forcing themselves onto a reservation, or a concentration camp (without the gas chambers)?
doubledog
Sully Dog said:

doubledog said:

I will wait for winter and at least 10 ft of snow to solve this problem.

There is no 10ft of snow in that part of the colorado. Looks like the NW part of the state.
Yes I know, it was for dramatic effect. Saying months below zero temperatures does not have the same ring to it
I am from Colorado (1960-1990, pre-Ca and NY invasion). Cross the divide and it is a different story.

LoudestWHOOP!
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Here's a pro tip for them, from someone who has spent half a century growing things for profit.

If there's nothing growing there now, there's a reason for that. Probably several reasons. All the rhetoric in the world won't make things grow there.
Maybe they think they are South African Boers?
doubledog
AggieIce said:

Looks like Southern Colorado near Pueblo

Summers get hot there and there are massive hail storms
Leadville is closer to 10,000 feet. The "river" could be the Colorado or the Gunnison.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I bet they see Sasquatch.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
CanyonAg77
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Here's a pro tip for them, from someone who has spent half a century growing things for profit.

If there's nothing growing there now, there's a reason for that. Probably several reasons. All the rhetoric in the world won't make things grow there.
Maybe they think they are South African Boers?

Not familiar with the Boers and their Ag practices, but I'm going to guess that they developed land that was at least growing grasses before they arrived.

The Israelis are pretty good at making deserts bloom. But they are a lot lower and a lot further south, plus, they have water rights.
peteratm02
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

chimpanzee said:

Rich soil, lush and fertile. At 10,000'. Hope you enjoy eating scrubby pine trees.

These guys are the worst land speculators since the Allen brothers sold Houston as a city on a bluff overlooking a river navigable from blue water.

Rich soil, growing salt cedar and other brush. Hardly a blade of grass in sight.

Lush soil, if you discount the huge gully, 50% slope, and the 99% rock content

There's only like 2.5 black dudes in this picture...guess they're all ding dongs???
aggiehawg
AG
doubledog said:

Sully Dog said:

doubledog said:

I will wait for winter and at least 10 ft of snow to solve this problem.

There is no 10ft of snow in that part of the colorado. Looks like the NW part of the state.
Yes I know, it was for dramatic effect. Saying months below zero temperatures does not have the same ring to it
I am from Colorado (1960-1990, pre-Ca and NY invasion). Cross the divide and it is a different story.

Quote:

The coldest temperature ever recorded in Colorado was -61 degrees which occurred in Maybell, CO on Februrary 1, 1985. Maybell is a small community located in northwestern Colorado. If you think that is frigid, how about -80 degrees!
Link

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.