They've done it. They have decolonized some land for themselves.

35,159 Views | 365 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Yesterday
fixer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10,000 ft. High desert of Colorado. What could go wrong?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Robin Hood Was A Thief said:

Why so much resistance to this? Let them do what they want, it's not hurting any of us.
No resistance, more like cheering on. I would happily donate $50 to the cause if they promise to set up cameras to observe.

I hope they chase their dreams.
Mas89
AG
Where is this? I hunted outside of Moffat, Co a few years ago and there was a real small town up in the hills near there that had turned into a hippie commune supposedly. They had shops and businesses set up downtown. Was a strange place.
blacksox

Why so much resistance to this? Let them do what they want, it's not hurting any of us.

To the contrary, my lad, I believe this board has expressed near universal support that these young folks embark to the fertile fields of the high Rockies and bring forth whatever may befall them.
CanyonAg77
AG

You're confusing mockery and reality checks with resistance.

There is a wealth of knowledge on TexAgs. People who know weather, law, medicine, and highly relevant to this idiocy, Agriculture.

We know this would be a train wreck if actually tried.

Therefore, many of us believe this is simply a scam to raise money through their GoFundMe.
milner79
They're also gonna need a lot of this ...

Squadron7
AG

Because we don't want the dog to be eaten....or worse once the girl leaves.
torrid
AG
10,000 feet up in Colorado actually sounds pretty nice. As long as I had access to a warm place, food, and no other people around.
Burdizzo
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

There is a wealth of knowledge on TexAgs. People who know weather, law, medicine, and highly relevant to this idiocy, Agriculture.

Therefore, many of us believe this is simply a scam to raise money through their GoFundMe.

The criticism and mockery is warranted.

The article itself is just a horribly produced PR release. It isn't even news. The larger problem is that when this thing fails no one will tell the story of why it failed. They will just stay the course of blaming their problems on another class of people.
Nasreddin
To me, these posts sound like a bunch of leftists that have nothing better going in their pathetic lives than to ridicule and mock others. I don't agree with what they are doing, they will fail. we know collectivism doesn't work. Just seems petty that people are rooting for their failure. But I guess if it makes people feel better...
CanyonAg77
AG

To me, these posts sound like a bunch of leftists that have nothing better going in their pathetic lives than to ridicule and mock others. I don't agree with what they are doing, they will fail. we know collectivism doesn't work. Just seems petty that people are rooting for their failure. But I guess if it makes people feel better...

Eliminating mockery and bullying are part of why the society is headed to Hell in a handbasket on a slippery slope.

Society needs to call out stupid ideas that end up hurting the environment and the people involved.

If this were real, and not simply a money raising scam, they would destroy the environment of their "liberated" land, and taxpayers would get stuck cleaning it up. Not to mention all the literal feces that's going to flow downhill, because you know these idiots aren't into sanitation.

Real people will get sick, dead, or broke, and taxpayers will pay to chopper them out to a taxpayer-funded hospital.

If they could do this idiocy in a vacuum, no one would care. But innocents will get hurt and we will foot the bill.

Side note, it's less "rooting" for failure and more "predicting".
Charlie Conway
Burdizzo said:

So if some breaks the law in that town is it called Hammer Crime?

Because I want there to be a lw enforcement campaign called Stop Hammer Crime.
if you do the Hammer Crime, you gotta do the Hammer Time

I hope someone hasn't said this already
CanyonAg77
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Burdizzo said:

Only about a dozen times.
Actual Talking Thermos
Burdizzo said:

CanyonAg77 said:

The article itself is just a horribly produced PR release. It isn't even news. The larger problem is that when this thing fails no one will tell the story of why it failed. They will just stay the course of blaming their problems on another class of people.
My twitter feed is extremely lefty and every mention of these people I have seen there has been mocking too, pointing out how ludicrous this whole thing is on many fronts. If it's a real thing at all rather than a fundraising scam, it will fail and anyone who cares enough to even be aware of them will know why.
Charlie Conway
CanyonAg77 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Burdizzo said:

Only about a dozen times.
well *****..
StoneCold99
AG
PLEASE, PLEASE GOD let there be cameras on at all times during this project.

Oh man, that would be the BEST reality television ever.

Tanya 93
How are they going to have wifi so they can keep asking for money to their venmo when little food grows so they have to travel to buy more food so it is free for everyone?
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
ironmanag
AG
What I don't get is they claim to be Marxist however the man whose ideology they claim to follow hated them and thought they shouldn't exist.
Squadron7
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

ActualTalkingThermos said:

Burdizzo said:

CanyonAg77 said:

My twitter feed is extremely lefty and every mention of these people I have seen there has been mocking too, pointing out how ludicrous this whole thing is on many fronts. If it's a real thing at all rather than a fundraising scam, it will fail and anyone who cares enough to even be aware of them will know why.
They should be mocked.

Like CHAZ learning how to garden... their level if intellect is limited and their awareness of existing and known science is painful to see.

These are your people.

When Democrats espouse "trust the science"... Hammer and CHAZ are who we see saying it. Your Democrat leaders are no more science aware than those people. We are mocking YOU... just as you mock THEM.

For me, someone who has the level of formal Science education as I do... I can't help but shake my head at the ignorance of people like you.

I had 6 sciences in HS (Chem II, Bio II, & Physics my Sr year) and took classes like BioChem 410, MicroBiology, and Meteorology at A&M, just for funs. They counted as "Electives."

Science to them is "their truth". Makes it easier.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I would have preferred they had an island hundreds of miles from civilization.
But having the ability to fish for food would be too simple.
Good luck to them are there bets on when this goes all "Lord of the Flies"?
Tanya 93
LoudestWHOOP! said:

I would have preferred they had an island hundreds of miles from civilization.
But having the ability to fish for food would be too simple.
Good luck to them are there bets on when this goes all "Lord of the Flies"?
2 days after their supplies run out.

Nasreddin
I tend to agree about the reduction in mockery, but more important is the complete elimination of risk. These guys have no risk. **** goes down and they just go back to life. Everything must be safe and risk free.
txags92
AG

I tend to agree about the reduction in mockery, but more important is the complete elimination of risk. These guys have no risk. **** goes down and they just go back to life. Everything must be safe and risk free.
Well, if they are going to declare themselves as an independent colony and want nothing to do with Amerikkka, then I say we build a wall around the place, charge export duties of 100% on anything leaving the US to go into their colony, and shoot anybody coming over the wall on sight unless they have previous permission to enter our country. If they want to be independent, fine, live independent.
Nasreddin
Same for the Amish?
Tanya 93

Same for the Amish?

Have they claimed they are an independent country?
txags92
AG

Same for the Amish?
They haven't claimed to be an independent country that I am aware of. And they have shown no enmity towards America in general. I would hope they would do the same with Texas if we seceded, because we could make a fortune on the 100% reciprocal duties we charged on our crude oil, natural gas, and fuel exports to them.
Texarkanaag69
AG
AgNav93 said:

Well, I for one, think this is a wonderful idea. I think all of BLM and Antifa should have their own autonomous zone far away from civilization. The only caveat; they can't leave and can't ask for help. Problem should sort itself out. It'll look like thunder dome in month.
Let 'em have Central Park in NYC. They can certainly have my share.
Nasreddin
Lol! You think the leftists will allow the producers to just leave?
txags92
AG

Lol! You think the leftists will allow the producers to just leave?
Meh, if they want to fight about it, I think we are better equipped to take the fight to them.
Texaggie7nine
Wow, they probably spent half of their $60k raised so far on that pristine wood board there.

7nine
captkirk
AG

Who's resisting it? We're laughing at it
captkirk
AG

I'll root for Marxists to fail as long as there is breath in my lungs
Ol_Ag_02
AG

Same for the Amish?

Nope. This is the stupidest thing I've seen on the internet today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.