Cobra Kai

91,897 Views | 708 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bad Dude said:

Through episode 9. Think my favorite part so far is Johnny telling Miguel the events of the original movie through his point of view. Had me rolling.

He is right. Daniel couldn't leave well enough alone.
AgPediRPh
AG
Quote:

But that REO Speedwagon scene
i was singing along
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jjmanzano said:

Quote:

But that REO Speedwagon scene
i was singing along

Ghey. But funny.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Me after finishing.

That movie is even worse than the one with Hillary Swank.
jr15aggie
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Me after finishing.

That movie is even worse than the one with Hillary Swank.
I loved how the committee brought up Terry Silver and Johnny was like, "I don't even know who the hell that is!". Very clever writing!

Me neither Johnny, no idea who they are talking about, never happened, sounds made up!!!
Coppell97
AG
I have not seen anyone in the real world who has watched this, but I am telling everyone about it. I loved this. It was an awesome continuation of the story that feels like legit Karate Kid canon moreso than any Karate Kid sequel.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Great show. Only negative was Larusso's wife needing to be crane kicked every time she said tournament.
Rudyjax
AG
Ordered a banquet at a bar tonight. Then had a great discussion about the show with the bartender.
Rudyjax
AG
Roger Eberts review of The Karate Kid.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-karate-kid-1984

It's hard to explain how much I loved Siskel & Ebert. How Siskel passed me off so much,but I still wanted them to love the same movies as me.

Watching the movie again as an adult, Daniel deserved most of his ass kickings.

aggiepaintrain
AG
Binge over.

Great series, lots of unfinished story lines.
Looking forward to S2

Now how do I cancel youtube red lol
FJB
SACR
AG

What is interesting to me is Johnny mocking SJWs (rightfully) when I think The Karate Kid is a perfect example of why we're where we are today as a culture. Karate Kid was a classic 'nice guy defeats bully and gets the girl' story, which taught a lot of guys that if they were 'nice' and 'white knights' who 'saved' the girl, they'd get the girl. They're mocking the very culture they created.
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
Rudyjax
AG
It's so odd watching the movie as an adult.

Johnny was an ahole, but a lot of what happened to Daniel he brought it on himself.

bangobango
AG
SACR said:

What is interesting to me is Johnny mocking SJWs (rightfully) when I think The Karate Kid is a perfect example of why we're where we are today as a culture. Karate Kid was a classic 'nice guy defeats bully and gets the girl' story, which taught a lot of guys that if they were 'nice' and 'white knights' who 'saved' the girl, they'd get the girl. They're mocking the very culture they created.

That's stretching real hard to try to make some red pill point.

Nice guys beating bad guys and getting the girl goes back a helluva lot farther than Karate Kid.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I watched the first 30 minutes of the Karate Kid with the wife and 2 kids today

The beach scene where Johnny literally eye fooks Elizabeth shue for a good 5 minutes is creepy as hell

MookieBlaylock
AG
Edit for Daniel

This website sucks balls for editingnow
Rudyjax
AG
Its not as rapey as our other favorite from that year.
SACR
AG
bangobango said:

SACR said:

That's stretching real hard to try to make some red pill point.

Nice guys beating bad guys and getting the girl goes back a helluva lot farther than Karate Kid.

Wasn't going for a 'red pill point', but whatever.

I blame Disney for giving women a Prince Charming complex, thinking a knight on a horse is going to save them. Is that 'red pill', too?

I'm not saying Karate Kid created this archetype, I'm saying they helped perpetuate it.
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
Bruce Almighty
AG
Johnny wasn't a white knight, the dude was an *******.
SACR
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Um, yeah. Daniel is the white knight, he beats the bully and gets the girl. Did you watch the original?

jamey, 3/13/20

Rudyjax
AG
SACR said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Um, yeah. Daniel is the white knight, he beats the bully and gets the girl. Did you watch the original?

No *****
SACR
AG
Unthought Known said:

SACR said:

Bruce Almighty said:

No *****

Your reply should be directed to Bruce Almighty.

jamey, 3/13/20

Rudyjax
AG
SACR said:

Unthought Known said:

SACR said:

Bruce Almighty said:

No *****

Your reply should be directed to Bruce Almighty.

Why. I was agreeing with you.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Bruce Almighty
AG
Sorry, not sure why I typed Johnny, meant Daniel.
Rudyjax
AG
We can all agree that both Johnny and Daniel had issues.

Daniel went around begging to get his ass kicked .

Johnny took that ass kicking to the extreme.
aggiechick
Wow. Just got done binge watching. I smiled through the whole series. I loved everything about that: The self-deprecating humor, the comeback story, and the chemistry between Johnny and Daniel. Definite thumbs up. Now how do I cancel?
aggiechick
And easy to cancel. Can't wait for the next series. And I can't believe how much I liked that. The REO Speedwagon scene had me grinning from ear to ear.
SACR
AG

I just cancelled yesterday, only to find out my subscription is still good until the end of the month. Good to know.

Too bad there is nothing else on YouTube Red that intrigues me.

jamey, 3/13/20

ScottBowen
AG
This was excellent, and Youtube really screwed up by not having any other content on here to keep people around.
Texaggie7nine
I have enjoyed mind field
7nine
chipotle
No mercy, Bert! NO MERCY!

Leggo My Elko
AG
Welp, I forgot to cancel my month long free trial and now have YouTube red for another month, any recommendations? I loved Cobra Kai
Serious Lee
watch cobrai kai 3 more times?
SACR
AG

Bert added comic relief in several scenes.

"I was getting some....milk."

"We're all gonna die, kid!"

"That's my son."

jamey, 3/13/20

True Anomaly
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Great show. Only negative was Larusso's wife needing to be crane kicked every time she said tournament.
Everyone on that show went to the Daniel LaRusso School of Phonics. She and Johnny both say it how Ralph Macchio pronounced it in the original movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.