Cobra Kai

91,870 Views | 708 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
slatermikan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two in already, better than expected!
fig96
AG
Movie trivia: the song during the beach fight in ep1 is the song Antonio Banderas plays in the opening scene of Desperado.
CondensedFogAggie
Honestly, I had no expectations but enjoyed the new season a lot. A lot of laughs, the show doesn't take itself too seriously, most of the kids are surprisingly mature, adults are pretty comedic.

They made a couple of the relatively newer kids way too irritating and dumb, same with the new bad guy sensei's, but you can skip over those parts and miss literally nothing.

The way they kicked off the inevitable final battle royale was absolutely hilarious. Hard to believe, but another really solid season. Can't wait for the next one.
gigemags-99
AG
Dang! Didn't realize a new season was out! I delayed watching season 4 until recently so this is a nice surprise.
beanbean
WOW, I was like "why is the Cobra Kai thread getting bumped?" I had no clue the new season was out. Figured it would be end of the year. Nice!
The Debt
slatermikan said:

Two in already, better than expected!

Minimized all the High School drama in the first two episodes. Ergo, very fun.

Ep 3 is Miguel and Sam crying. Miguel emotes like he's never had an acting class before.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Only 3 episodes in, but I'm really coming around to that theory from the first Karate Kid...LaRusso is the bad guy.

Dude can never leave well enough alone. So he constantly goes around stirring up **** and antagonizing other people into fights and to top it off he then drags other people into his **** when they were just trying to mind their own business!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I'm on episode 6 of the new season. Some really good stuff but a lot of REALLY bad stuff. They really contrived some utterly ridiculous scenarios this season.

I am enjoying the cameos from the Karate Kid universe of the past. Not many people left to sneak in now except for Hilary Swank.
deer corn
Three words. "Dungeons and dojos"

My sides!
Madmarttigan
AG
Worst character of the season I think is actually Sam. She is a self centered ***** to Miguel and then gets made when he is kissing someone else? Wtf.

Also Larussos in general are horrible at forgiveness and letting things go.

The Johnny baby training montage was hilarious
sburg2007
That's been pretty much every season.
CondensedFogAggie
Season 5 so far has a 100% Rotten Tomato score by 28 critics. Wasn't expecting it to be that high, but not too surprised either.

Larusso has a crew now! Well, more like a bungling group of comedic senseis. No doubt they doing vigilante work next season.
AgPediRPh
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Season 5 so far has a 100% Rotten Tomato score by 28 critics.
I was surprised by that. This was easily the worst season. One bright spot: Johnny was hilarious as always.
The Debt
I don't know why Chozen didn't fight Silver when he took down his senseis.

BTW, Chozen hitting the senseis on the ground was great. He signaled he has no mercy.
Madmarttigan
AG
AgPediRPh said:

Season 5 so far has a 100% Rotten Tomato score by 28 critics.
I was surprised by that. This was easily the worst season. One bright spot: Johnny was hilarious as always.

I don't know how you could differentiate the bad things from this season from any other season. They all have at times different kids that are the absolute worst and bond like villain moments and adults that just do idiotic things.

That said this is easily my most bingable show I watch.
Prosperdick
AG
So watching the opening to episode 5 and Amanda is playing cribbage with her mom and her mom has 3 cards in her hand and Amanda has 2. Good Lord you idiots cribbage is played with FOUR cards in your hand. Where is the cribbage consultant? This is ridiculous!!! Don't desecrate the time honored sport of cribbage you fascists!!

Ok I might just be taking the Aggie loss a bit harder than I expected. But seriously, I've played cribbage since I was 5 years old so it's like they were spitting in my face.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Finished the season last night. The show definitely does NOT take itself too seriously, but there were so many episodes and scenes where I felt like I was Joe Biden - "Oh, c'mon!' It was way over the top ridiculous, but definitely entertaining.
jamesf
AG
How is this show able to be so ridiculous and yet so awesome at the same time?
GoAgs92
AG
Prosperdick said:

So watching the opening to episode 5 and Amanda is playing cribbage with her mom and her mom has 3 cards in her hand and Amanda has 2. Good Lord you idiots cribbage is played with FOUR cards in your hand. Where is the cribbage consultant? This is ridiculous!!! Don't desecrate the time honored sport of cribbage you fascists!!

Ok I might just be taking the Aggie loss a bit harder than I expected. But seriously, I've played cribbage since I was 5 years old so it's like they were spitting in my face.

Didn't pay attention but maybe they already played some cards?
GoAgs92
AG
The change speech from Rocky…hahaha.

"This guy gets it"
johnnyblaze36
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Man they've really milked this show for all it is worth. That said, I'm still IN.
Binged the 10 episodes over the course of the past two days. After the first couple of episodes I thought to myself "Man, they really upped the cheese factor even more than previous seasons as if that was even possible".

By the end of it I left thinking it was my favorite season since the 1st one or a close second to season 2. Tough to tell if there will be another one. Seemed like they wrapped everything up until the very last second.

Sidenote: I started a thread awhile back on the show "Kingdom" but if you have never watched it seek it out. The actor that plays Stingray is fantastic in it and the show is one of the most underrated ever imo.
CondensedFogAggie
johnnyblaze36 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Man they've really milked this show for all it is worth. That said, I'm still IN.
Binged the 10 episodes over the course of the past two days. After the first couple of episodes I thought to myself "Man, they really upped the cheese factor even more than previous seasons as if that was even possible".

By the end of it I left thinking it was my favorite season since the 1st one or a close second to season 2. Tough to tell if there will be another one. Seemed like they wrapped everything up until the very last second.

Sidenote: I started a thread awhile back on the show "Kingdom" but if you have never watched it seek it out. The actor that plays Stingray is fantastic in it and the show is one of the most underrated ever imo.

100% there will be another season. And we already know which direction they're going to go.

Larusso, Lawrence, Chosen and Barnes are going to be the bungling adult version of teenage mutant ninja turtles. Chosen already has a sai, we saw nunchucks and a japanese sword. The writers are basically shouting to the whole world their intentions of the 4 becoming a crew.

Besides we know one of the bad guys is going to become some criminal ganglord. So Lawrence and crew are going to go vigilante.

Probably should be a lot of fun.
johnnyblaze36
aggiechick
I just laughed out loud at "karate adjacent".
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG

johnnyblaze36 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

100% there will be another season. And we already know which direction they're going to go.

Larusso, Lawrence, Chosen and Barnes are going to be the bungling adult version of teenage mutant ninja turtles. Chosen already has a sai, we saw nunchucks and a japanese sword. The writers are basically shouting to the whole world their intentions of the 4 becoming a crew.

Besides we know one of the bad guys is going to become some criminal ganglord. So Lawrence and crew are going to go vigilante.

And Hilary Swank will be their April.
aTmLoKi
AG

johnnyblaze36 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Don't forget - John Kreese as Splinter
agdaddy04
AG
Binged it a couple nights this week. Was on a flight back home last Friday and the folks next to me were telling me it was back on. Didn't expect it so soon.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I've pretty much lost all interest in this story and just have it on as I work to get through it. I hope there isn't another season after this.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I've pretty much lost all interest in this story and just have it on as I work to get through it. I hope there isn't another season after this.

Agreed. They've taken the kids storylines beyond what they should have - their plots are just plain stupid and redundant at this point. The only somewhat interesting plotline is the adult Miyagi-do vs Cobra Kai.

This season should be the last if the writers are being honest with themselves. Daniel's actions and failings are getting redundant, and my son and I both agree the real villian is Daniel. We're actually kinda rooting for Silver now.
The Debt

johnnyblaze36 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Rafael is the strongest...
Southlake
Can't decide who's a worse actor: Daniel or his wife??

This is just one of the reasons I love this show…
fig96
AG
He's pretty terrible. But I don't watch this show for the performances
The Debt
Am I wrong or did Barnes not really do much fighting/stunts?

It was obvious that young Kreese was used to deliver a fight that the actor couldn't physically do. Do yall think Barnes is still capable of stage fighting?
CondensedFogAggie
The Debt said:

Am I wrong or did Barnes not really do much fighting/stunts?

It was obvious that young Kreese was used to deliver a fight that the actor couldn't physically do. Do yall think Barnes is still capable of stage fighting?

Mike Barnes apparently was dealing with a rotator cuff injury before filming:

"I was dealing with a pretty significant shoulder injury, which did make things a little more difficult. But we worked on the choreography. They saw what I could and couldn't do and they came up with the best solution. I got the chance to mix it up a couple of times. So it was a lot of fun."
The Debt
tyvm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.