Cobra Kai

92,986 Views | 714 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Bruce Almighty
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if he lost the weight and the writers decided to write the storyline for him, or if it was them asking him to lose the weight for the show.
Southlake
When is Silvers kid going to make an appearance?

Or Johnny's real dad?

This show could go on forever.

And, that would be cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Shall we do a bit of fan casting?

Miguel's dad:
Tony Dalton

Miguel's half brother:
Moises Arias

Mike Barne's daughter:
Jenna Ortega
Bruce Almighty
AG
Southlake said:

When is Silvers kid going to make an appearance?

Or Johnny's real dad?

This show could go on forever.

And, that would be cool.
I'm pretty sure Johnny's dad is dead.
The Collective
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I'm pretty sure Johnny's dad is dead.

The Debt
SpreadsheetAg said:

I am really impressed that that fat tub of a kid from season 1 & 2 got essentially skinny for seasons 3 & 4... can't believe it's the same kid.

Testosterone does the body good.
GrayMatter
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I think this show has run its course. Not sure what episode we are on in the latest season. But, it just doesn't feel like the story is hitting anymore. We will still watch. But I think they need to wrap it up.
Yes, I feel the same way. Now that Cobra Kai has shown their cards with the Silver and Kreese storyline, I dont see them having much to add to the show. After a while, it's a soap opera-ish kind of technique that gets tiring when the characters flip back and forth between good and evil.
Rex Racer
AG
Trident 88 said:

LSCSN said:

Charlie Conway said:

XXXVII said:

This show is so damn cheesy, but I can't stop watching it.

What's the name of the song they played during the credits of the final season 4 episode?
It's cheesy but they also lean into it which makes the show much better in my opinion. They know how crazy the plotline is with teenagers having karate wars in school but they joke about it as to not take themselves too seriously, one of my favorite aspects of the show.
the Instrumental? Switch 625, from the High N Dry album
I came here to tip my hat to the show for using this song. To know it, I think you'd probably have to be an 80's kid and a fan of Def Leppard's music before they got really popular.
The genius that was Steve Clark. RIP.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Shall we do a bit of fan casting?

Miguel's dad:
Tony Dalton

Miguel's half brother:
Moises Arias

Mike Barne's daughter:
Jenna Ortega

In a completely unexpected plot twist, Netflix and AMC collab to announce the Breaking Bad /BCS universe is really an offshoot of the Karate Kid universe
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ok just finished the current season.

Let me preface by saying I've been a HUGE CK fan since the get go (on Netflix). But I do feel like this was the weakest season and I do feel like the show is going at a steady down hill pace. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it and will continue to watch but I'm thinking S5 will be a great time to wrap it up and going more seasons than that with the kids in college etc will get pretty stale and long in the tooth.

I think this show has 2 seasons left in it but really should only have 1.

I didn't think I'd like the Chozen and Terry Silver additions and both were actually pretty good btw. I don't think I'll like the Barnes addition so hopefully if its him, I'll end up liking that one too.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Just finished S4 have not read anything here yet.

7/10. I think. But it was fun.

It was pretty good. Although not as good as S1 or even S2 but it was nowhere near as comically over the top as S3 with the absurd fights.

• The lengths they went to to avoid another big fight were funny almost.
  • The never ending Eagle Fang or Miyagi-Do way was tiring and predictable in how it would play out really.
  • Super silly how brand new recruits were like black belt in 2 weeks. The new chicks in particular.
  • And that was pretty obviously intentional to set up some S5 drama with the new black kid. Needed new blood so some of these other feuds could be reconciled.
  • An all out prom fight apparently ends as soon as anyone gets wet and needs the hilarity of pulling the one guy in the pool.
  • Actually the dancing might have been the dumbest thing this season. Oh look It's Dancing with the Cobra Kai stars.
  • Geeze Daniel is a stubborn and slow learner.
  • Kinda liked the Silver twist at the end with Sting Ray and the ref too. Now Kreese gets redemption of course also predictable.

Really think an opportunity was missed with Miguel's injury for Daniel-son to come in and do the Miyagi hand rubbing trick so he could fight. That would have been better than just "AGGGH my back I'm dying"... followed by "Nah he's fine. He can fight" WTH

But anyway it was a fun ride as usual and I rolled my eyes less than S3.

Still love the Johnny doesn't understand anything from the last 25 years bit. His motivational talks are also gold. Oh his interpretation of Top Gun was also very funny tongue in cheek reference to the HIMYM interpretation of Johnny was the hero in KK bit. Which they play off of anyway and flipped on its ear a bit.

double aught
AG
I finally convinced my wife to watch Cobra Kai, which she now loves. So I had to wait for her to catch up before I could finally finish season 4. So, here I am.

Love this show. Another quality season. I thought the tournament was great. The fights were impressive. Loved the over the top announcer. That guy killed me.

Johnny is the best of course.

What's an Uber?
Furlock Bones
AG
Ha. To give you an idea how far this show has fallen, I just realized we haven't even finished the latest season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Uh, what?
Furlock Bones
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Uh, what?

Pretty simple. The story has become super repetitive and easy to predict. So much so, that I didn't even remember we had yet to finish the season until I opened this thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
S3 is probably my favorite, so in that sense I see it being a small step down, but other than that I couldn't disagree more.

I think Silver was awesome and he pretty much made the season for me.

This is one of maybe a handful of shows I can think of where there's been no discernible loss of quality over time. (The other current ones being Succession and Better Call Saul.)
digging tunnels
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Uh, what?

Pretty simple. The story has become super repetitive and easy to predict. So much so, that I didn't even remember we had yet to finish the season until I opened this thread.

So tell us your prediction for the rest of the season and we'll tell ya if you're right
LawHall88
AG
The Dog Lord
AG
Netflix trying to prevent more people from canceling their subscriptions?
beanbean
Surely at some point Hillary Swank is going to show up. She's not doing anything else these days.
Quad Dog
AG
The Dog Lord said:

They need to stop the all at once releases so they get multiple months out of fans.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed on the weekly releases.

But more importantly, they need to stop dropping $200M on big budget but completely forgettable action movies that nobody has Netflix for. People watch it cause it's there, but I guarantee nobody would have missed Red Notice.

They need to focus on their series, smaller arthouse movies, and stop putting out so much crappy filler.
Madmarttigan
AG
Their movies are by far some of their worst content and don't keep anyone coming back for more. Their cost to consumption ratio for those has to be really really dumb.
CondensedFogAggie
IMO they need to acquire a true 'tentpole' media franchise such as Star Wars, Marvel, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings etc. For a lesser example, Star Trek.

Something with a huge, global, built in fanbase, and deep enough in lore that they can pump out TV series after TV series.

But if you look at the top revenue franchises, I have no clue if any of them can be acquired. Netflix may have to take some popular book, game, or comic series and create one themselves.
LawHall88
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG
Man they've really milked this show for all it is worth. That said, I'm still IN.
An L of an Ag
AG
Same. Season 4 felt at times like a forced march, but I'll watch season 5.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
100% for S5 on RT.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

100% for S5 on RT.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quad Dog said:

The Dog Lord said:

They need to stop the all at once releases so they get multiple months out of fans.
Seems like a no-brainer. Not sure why they can't grasp this.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
LawHall88 said:

That's not DUTCH at 158 is it?!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Don't think so. Jawbone and cheek structure looks very asian from the partial side view. Pause it.

I'm stereotyping but.thats what it looks like.

I think it's the same guy on the far right at :45 and :48 mark.
The Collective
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Seems like a no-brainer. Not sure why they can't grasp this.

I think there is value to allowing some shows to be fully binged. Guilty pleasure shows like this absolutely fit the bill.
aggiechick
Season 5 TODAY!
double aught
AG
It's karate time!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.