*** 2018 Movie Release Schedule ***

90,598 Views | 794 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TCTTS
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

All I can say is thank god that my wife can't just buy a quick train ticket to escape to Paris.
MrPlow2010
AG
schmendeler
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

this looks like a lot of fun. kind of a further dive into the world of the hotels in the John Wick films.

plus, goldblum makes anything better.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

I completely forgot that I had seen the first one. I enjoyed it.
FancyKetchup14
AG
"Give me a 5 star rating"
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Added both to the OP. Thanks.

Also, just FYI, for anyone who cares, I edited the OP down to one trailer per movie. I had multiple trailers each for the bigger releases, but the first page was getting too slow and unwieldy with all the embeds, so I had to scale back.
TCTTS
AG
I know someone who saw an early cut of this recently (the movie, not the trailer) and they swear it's going to be the breakout comedy of the summer. They were RAVING about it. Comes out in August...

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

I know someone who saw an early cut of this recently (the movie, not the trailer) and they swear it's going to be the breakout comedy of the summer. They were RAVING about it. Comes out in August...

my wife was a big fan of the book.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Just FYI, over the next couple of weeks it looks like we're getting new trailers for...

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Final Trailer
In theaters with either Rampage (4/13) or Avengers: Infinity War (4/27), but likely online in the next week or two.

The Meg
Teaser Trailer
In theaters next with Rampage (4/13). Should be online at some point next week.

Ocean's 8
Final Trailer
In theaters next with Rampage (4/13). Should be online at some point next week.

Solo: A Star Wars Story
Final Trailer
In theaters with either Rampage (4/13) or Avengers: Infinity War (4/27). Maybe online next week, but I'm betting it debuts the week of the 27th.

Those four are confirmed to be releasing, but I'd also expect another batch of high profile trailers with Infinity War the week of the 27th that could include...

- Ant-Man and the Wasp (Final Trailer)
- Aquaman (Teaser Trailer)
- Bumblebee (Teaser Trailer)
- The Equalizer 2 (Teaser Trailer)
- First Man (Teaser Trailer)
- Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Final Trailer)
- The Predator (Teaser Trailer)
- Robin Hood (Teaser Trailer)
- Venom (Full Trailer)

... among others.

In other words, expect a ton of new blockbuster trailers over the next three weeks.

Following up on this, all of the "confirmed" trailers have now been released, along with The Equalizer 2 trailer from the lower/guess list. So now it's just waiting game to see which of the remaining hit over the next week or so. Christopher McQuarrie said yesterday that a new M:I6 trailer is imminent, so I bet that's coming next week, and there are rumors that the First Man trailer is playing theatrically in select cities as of this past weekend, so I'm thinking that goes wide/online next week as well. As for the others, I haven't heard a peep, but Aquaman has long been rumored to debut its first trailer with Avengers, though no news as of late.
schmendeler
AG
definitely interested in the "first man" trailer.
TCTTS
AG
Same. Probably my most anticipated of the year. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer.
TCTTS
AG
Slightly different tone than what I was expecting based on how my friend was explaining it, but she's a woman and this has a certain The Devil Wears Prada vibe, so it makes sense. And because of that, I think this is going to end being a huge hit come August.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I imagine we'll be getting the first trailer for this any day now. Definitely been hearing the same thing, i.e. that this is a shoe-in awards contender. I never in a million years could have conceived of a Bradly Cooper-directed music drama starring Lady Gaga as something that would actually exist, much less be part of the Oscar conversation, but here we are...

TCTTS
AG
This too sounds amazing. Stars Melissa McCarthy and hits August 17. Surprised we don't already have a trailer...

TCTTS
AG
Kin - Such a random premise/cast, but I think I'm in?

Leave No Trace - Yeah, I'm definitely in for that one.

Added both to the OP, thanks.
israeliag
AG
Kin looks like the movie that played in my head when I walked back from school when I was 10 or 12 and I'd find a stick that was shaped enough like a gun.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
With CinemaCon having privately debuted a whole slew on new trailers last week to theater owners, and now that we know all the big trailers that debuted with Infinity War this weekend, I felt like putting together a quick list of some of the big remaining trailer debuts we'll likely get this summer for what's left of the 2018 slate. There will of course be some great trailers coming this summer for all the fall Oscar indies and dramas, but this list is mainly for the bigger studio releases.

In order of my most anticipated...

First Man
Could drop potentially as early as this coming week or next with Breaking In (another Universal release). Surely we at least get this trailer in May, as we know it's complete and might even be playing in select theaters right now.

Ad Astra
Currently has a wide release date of January 11, 2019, but I just don't see any way this doesn't get a late 2018 limited release. It's a space-set sci-fi film starring Brad Pitt and directed by James Gray, someone who has shot/directed some of the most beautifully filmed movies I've ever seen (The Immigrant, The Lost City of Z). The story sounds amazing, and word is that Gray has dug deep to give us something potentially amazing. This is 20th Century Fox, so we could get a trailer as early as with Deadpool, but I could also see them holding out until July or so.

Aquaman
I have no idea if this will be any good or not (probably not), but I'm extremely curious just to see what this thing is going to look like. However, at this point, with so many crucial effects still not complete (as evident by the CinemaCon trailer last week), I wouldn't be surprised if they just wait to debut this in July at Comic-Con. If not, maybe with Solo at the end of May.

A Star Is Born
Bradley Cooper directing a Lady Gaga music drama. Yes, you read that right, but the movie itself is somehow getting rave reviews - like, Oscar caliber - and a trailer should be dropping any day now. This is another one that is just sheer curiosity for me. Comes out in October.

Bohemian Rhapsody
The Queen / Freddie Mercury biopic that comes out in November. Hearing really great things about not only the trailer, but Rami Malek's performance as well. Seeing as this is 20th Century Fox, I'm guessing the trailer could also debut with Deadpool in a little under three weeks.

Creed II
Comes out in November. I'd say starting in mid-to-late May, this one could drop at any point over the next couple of months thereafter.

Widows
The next from director Steve McQueen (12 Years a Slave), which features a hell of a cast.

Holmes & Watson
Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as the titular characters. Yet another November release. I'd be shocked if we don't have a trailer by mid June or so.

The Girl in the Spider's Web
Completely recast (yet again), and it's not Fincher, but word is strong for this one and it actually sounds like it could be a quality sequel/reboot.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.