*** 2018 Movie Release Schedule ***

90,615 Views | 794 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TCTTS
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who cares if it's got a slant, that looks awesome! (For the record I'm not a left leaning guy).

Edit - I wouldn't be shocked if this is one of those films that snowflake conservatives (you know the type, both sides have them) will hate the trailer then actually see it and love it. Maybe I'm wrong.
israeliag
AG
Man that trailer makes this look... damn fun.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
And with that, we finally have the last trailer for a potential awards player this year. There are still no doubt other 2018 trailers to come, but we have now seen footage from every major 2018 awards contender or blockbuster for the remainder of the year.

I gave up on Eastwood as a director a while back, but this does at least look better than anything he's done in some time. And the last time he had a hit - American Sniper - was with Bradley Cooper, so maybe Cooper can be his good luck charm again here. This was supposed to be a 2019 release, but Warner Bros. moved it up because they think they could have a legit Oscar contender on their hands, but we'll see...
mslags97
AG
That looks very intriguing!

I know it's just for nostalgia sake, but I grew up on Pake Rider and Unforgiven. I would give anything to have Clint do one more epic Western like those.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is it me or has there been a serious drought at the movies for a solid 2 months?

I'm looking forward to First Man and Beautiful Boy to kick things off again, and then Halloween.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is it me or has there been a serious drought at the movies for a solid 2 months?

I'm looking forward to First Man and Beautiful Boy to kick things off again, and then Halloween.

Yeah not much, seen a few things I ended up enjoying enough because of Moviepass, but all in all been pretty rough going lately. Looking forward to First Man and Bad Times at the El Royale
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TCTTS
AG
September and August are notoriously bare, year in and year out. I've got a post coming in the next few minutes, though, with highlights of the onslaught that's about to hit...
TajMaballer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Lots to anticipate in the next few months, but there were some pretty good movies to come out in August and September:

Blindspotting
BlackkKlansmen
Searching
A Simple Favor
Crazy, Rich, Asians
Juliet, Naked
Christopher Robin
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (not for everyone, but I really liked it)
The House With a Clock In Its Wall (mainly went for Thriller in IMAX, but the movie wasn't too bad)

A little bit for everyone. But I agree that the next few months are more stacked.
TCTTS
AG
While Oscar season technically kicked off just after Labor Day, today marks the true start of Oscar season with the release of A Star is Born. Then pretty much every week from now until the end of the year will either see an awards contender or a blockbuster. As a primer, if it helps, here's everything I'm looking forward to over the next three months, as a filter of sorts, starting with my most anticipated, though all of these look to be worthy based on reactions and reviews so far...

01. First Man (10.12)

02. Widows (11.16)

03. Green Book (11.21)

04. Vice (12.25)

05. A Star Is Born (10.05)

06. Roma (12.14)

07. If Beale Street Could Talk (11.21)

08. Bad Times at the El Royale (10.12)

09. Creed II (11.21)

10. Bohemian Rhapsody (11.02)

11-25 (trailers for which can be found in the OP by release date):

11. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (12.14)
12. Mid90s (10.19)
13. Beautiful Boy (10.12)
14. The Front Runner (11.07)
15. The Favourite (11.23)
16. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (11.16)
17. Vox Lux (12.07)
18. Halloween (10.19)
19. The Mule (12.14)
20. The Girl in the Spider's Web (11.09)
21. Serenity (10.19)
22. Boy Erased (11.02)
23. Wildlife (10.19)
24. Suspiria (10.26)
25. Holmes and Watson (12.21)
Pahdz
That looks fantastic
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Good gosh. Did all the big, dumb, craptacular CGI blockbusters coming out in December just decide to release their trailers on the same day?

GiveEmHellBill
AG
There's a new minute-long trailer for "Overlord" that came out today.

I'm not going to post the Youtube video of it because I saw it....and wish I hadn't. I think it gives away a plot point I'd rather not have known.

Here's a link to it if you're curious.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is that kid in every movie?
TCTTS
AG
It's crazy. Feels like he's been in every single Oscar movie over the past two years...

- Manchester By the Sea (2016)
- Lady Bird (2017)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

And now, over the next two months...

- Ben is Back
- Boy Erased
- Mid90s

Also, I had no idea, but his dad directed him in Ben is Back.
TajMaballer
AG
It's him and Timothy Chalamet. Both great young actors.

Not related at all, but I have seen Lakeith Standfield and Brian Tyree Henry pop up in a bunch of random trailers recently. Henry also just got cast in Godzilla vs. King Kong.

This next "class" of actors looks very promising if you also add Saoirse Ronan, Brie Larson, Michael B. Jordan, and Tessa Thompson among others.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Randomly came across this trailer, which I missed last month. I'm usually not into low-budget sci-fi, but this actually looks pretty cool. Comes out this weekend...

Sex Panther
AG
That looks solid
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

That trailer seems like two different movies are going on, crazy. Love both her and Jude Law though as actors. I'm interested to see where his career goes, as it seems he's not trying to get hair plugs to cover up his hair loss. Could be great to see him in roles where he isn't just a pretty boy at first look. (I feel like Road to Perdition was the first time I remember him like that)
schmendeler
AG
The treasure of the Sierra Madre in space?
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

I have no idea what this is supposed to be but I'm totally intrigued.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
schmendeler
AG
Is that a cave/concession on Netflix' part? I seem to remember them taking a stand about their films being released to stream at the same time they had a theatrical release.
AgGrad99
AG
Is there a trailer for buster Scruggs?
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS
AG
I think so. Their exact plan has always been up in the air, but it feels like this will likely be the strategy going forward, at least for their prestige/bigger-name titles
AgGrad99
AG
Gracias mi amigo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.