*** 2018 Movie Release Schedule ***

90,640 Views | 794 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TCTTS
PlanoAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Green Book looks great!! Looking forward to it
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I am into all of this.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
I have no idea what this is about, but it's Alfonso Cuaron (director of Gravity and Children of Men) going back to his roots with something smaller, and even though it's a foreign language film in black and white, I could not be more excited. This looks stunning...

TCTTS
AG

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

that doesn't look controversial at all...
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

The sentence at the bottom of that still shot offends me grammatically.
TCTTS
AG

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

could it be? an actual GOOD Netflix movie?
TCTTS
AG
Between this and Roma hopefully Netflix finally turns the corner this year...
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Between this and Roma hopefully Netflix finally turns the corner this year...
good point. roma looked legit.

I also never saw mudbound. that was Netflix, too, right? and supposedly pretty good.

but other than that, their movies have been pretty terrible. it's funny though, when their series are generally very good. I would have thought it would be easier to make good movies but maybe the time constraints make it harder?
TCTTS
AG
Mudbound was Netflix as well, and yeah, it was pretty good. I actually got to see that in a private screening at Netflix's LA office, which was really cool.

As for time constraints, I don't really think that has anything to do with it. I think it's as simple as they're finally getting good directors like Mackenzie, Cuaron, and Scorsese.
schmendeler
AG
makes sense
Urban Ag
AG
Have you tried War Machine, Beasts of no Nation, or The Siege of Jadotville? They certainly make some dogs but I thought all three of those were pretty good. Some of Adam Sandler and Kevin James stuff is not too bad for mindless fun.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TBA 2018
FL_Ag1998
AG
Urban Ag said:

Have you tried War Machine, Beasts of no Nation, or The Siege of Jadotville? They certainly make some dogs but I thought all three of those were pretty good. Some of Adam Sandler and Kevin James stuff is not too bad for mindless fun.

Beasts of No Nation and Siege of Jadotville were both really good. Haven't seen War Machine.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

PharmD4
AG
TCTTS said:

well that was unsettling...
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

ja86
AG
PharmD4 said:

TCTTS said:

well that was unsettling...
remake of a pretty good Italian film.
schmendeler
AG
it looks good. also looks like they used some sort of vintage lenses. lots of fringing and weird distortions.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, super curious about that one.
TCTTS
AG
I can't remember the last time Eastwood made a good movie, but his latest teaming with Bradley Cooper in the lead yet again at least seems to be making waves...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Second trailer, and this looks like so much fun. One of my most anticipated for the rest of the year...

TCTTS
AG
Just a brief tease, but this feels like it could special. Or at least extremely unique and cool to look at.

"Vox Lux follows the rise of Celeste (Natalie Portman) from the ashes of a major national tragedy to pop superstardom. The film spans 18 years and traces important cultural moments through her eyes, starting in 1999 and concluding in 2017."

No release date yet, but it premieres at the Venice Film Festival next week and will likely hit theaters later this year...

TCTTS
AG
Speaking of film festivals, the aforementioned Venice Film Festival officially begins tomorrow, and the Toronto Film Festival begins next week. Traditionally, over the course of these two, back-to-back festivals, the vast majority of the fall and holiday season's most notable titles debut for critics and festival attendees. And because none of the reactions/reviews from these festivals are embargoed, what this means is that, basically, starting tomorrow, over the next three weeks, many of the major Oscar players will start to distinguish themselves and the awards race in general will pretty quickly start to snap into focus. In other words, not only is this the last week of the summer movie-wise, but for all intents and purposes, Oscar season begins tomorrow.

In terms of notable titles, I made a quick list of debuts, so expect reactions, reviews, and impressions to start hitting for these films on the respective dates below...

VENICE FILM FESTIVAL
8/29 - First Man
8/30 - The Favourite
8/30 - Roma
8/31 - The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
8/31 - A Star Is Born
9/01 - Suspiria
9/03 - Dragged Across Concrete
9/04 - Vox Lux
9/05 - 22 July

TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
9/06 - Outlaw King
9/07 - Beautiful Boy
9/07 - Destroyer
9/07 - The Front Runner
9/07 - White Boy Rick
9/08 - Ben Is Back
9/08 - Boy Erased
9/08 - Widows
9/09 - High Life
9/09 - If Beale Street Could Talk
9/09 - Mid90s
9/10 - Jeremiah Terminator LeRoy
9/10 - The Old Man & the Gun
9/11 - Green Book
9/12 - Hold the Dark

Outside of these titles, there will of course be plenty of "surprises" over the next four months - movies that aren't quite ready, and others that haven't yet settled on release dates - but for the most part, I'd say the group above will end up comprising a good chunk of the awards talk/makeup.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I saw an Imax teaser for First Man in front of Mission: Impossible - Fallout earlier this summer. Looks like Chazelle is going to make this as claustrophobic as possible. The scene they showed was the launch, and it was all close ups inside the rocket. Very stressful. Intrigued to see if that works out, or if it makes watching it a bit rough.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I think "stressful" is exactly what he is going for in that scene. I cannot wait for First Man. Looks fantastic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.