*** 2018 Movie Release Schedule ***

90,601 Views | 794 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The floodgates have officially opened!
TCTTS
AG
ATM1876 said:

This looks amazing, btw. What a cast.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Yet another unannounced trailer, one that looks damn good as well. Also, between this and Widows, Paper Boi is definitely getting some play today...

The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

And here we go...

This has quite a bit of potential.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I'm in. This looks awesome
TCTTS
AG
Trailer for the Bumblebee Transformers spin-off confirmed for Tuesday. So we're to the point where even the least confirmed / most rumored trailers are dropping this week. Crazy. Should be up in the next couple of hours.
TCTTS
AG
Right on cue...

TCTTS
AG
I kind of dig the slight Spielberg vibe, and I'm somewhat curious to see what a Transformers movie NOT directed by Michael Bay can be, but overall I'm just so tired of this franchise and I wonder if general audiences are as well. If anything, this feels utterly unnecessary, especially with Transformers 6 being scrapped and rumors of a complete franchise reboot on the horizon.
hurleyag
AG
So its a prequel?
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Right on cue...

"Herbie the Battle Bug"
FightinTexasAg15
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Right on cue...

So, wait......Starscream may be the villain in this (at the 1:48 mark)? And he actually looks like Starscream and not some generic grey robot?

Wow. If you take Michael Bay out of the Transformers movies, you may get actual Transformers.
jr15aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I kind of dig the slight Spielberg vibe, and I'm somewhat curious to see what a Transformers movie NOT directed by Michael Bay can be, but overall I'm just so tired of this franchise and I wonder if general audiences are as well. If anything, this feels utterly unnecessary, especially with Transformers 6 being scrapped and rumors of a complete franchise reboot on the horizon.

Yeah, very interested to see how this one turns out.

Let's be honest, what Michael Bay did to bring Transformers out of the 80's and into the 21st century was pretty amazing. It's unfortunate they had zero ability to plot out a path for the movies... the last one was a complete mess.

I'm all for a reboot! Start off small with our old school favorites and build it up from there. Prime, Bee, Jazz, and how about some love for my boy Wheeljack!!! But have a multi movie plan, kill Optimus Prime for real at some point, and let's do this!!!
TCTTS
AG
hurleyag said:

So its a prequel?
Yep. Set in the '80s.
TCTTS
AG
Gig-Em2003
AG
ATM1876 said:

Holy moly. $100MM budget, no name actors, and a concept that is...interesting. Good luck to the financiers of this movie. At least it's not part of a cinematic universe.
TCTTS
AG
... yet.

But seriously, that looks terrible. I truly do not understand how something like that gets made.
3rdGen2015
AG
It's based on a set of YA books. Unless it absolutely bombs, it's going to get at least a sequel.
schmendeler
AG
I didn't even finish the trailer.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Trailer was godawful from a pacing perspective. Less is more on a movie like this, but I guess they have to get across the YA vs. the World angle.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
TCTTS said:

Right on cue...

I actually think that looks pretty good, obviously has much more of an emotional elememt than any of the others. I haven't seen a transformer movie since #3, I think, but I'll probably see this one. Starscream looks pretty awesome.
fig96
AG
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

TCTTS said:

Right on cue...

I actually think that looks pretty good, obviously has much more of an emotional elememt than any of the others. I haven't seen a transformer movie since #3, I think, but I'll probably see this one. Starscream looks pretty awesome.
Looked way better than I'd have expected. Interesting note, directed by Travis Knight (director of stop motion Kubo and the Two Strings and a former Laika animator).
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, the trailer is being received way better than I thought it would. Twitter seems to be pretty into it, and I'm seeing a lot of "this is what Transformers should have been" comments, which I can't argue with. I assumed there'd be a lot of fatigue, and maybe there still will be, but it's amazing how much good will can be bought in seemingly treating the source material with respect. Maybe it'll be a nice little surprise come December.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. That looks damn good.

Also, is this Waco? Isn't there a cylindrical building off I35 that looks like this? Saw a couple other signs in the trailer that said "Texas"...

Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow. That looks damn good.

Also, is this Waco? Isn't there a cylindrical building off I35 that looks like this? Saw a couple other signs in the trailer that said "Texas"...

Yes indeed it is
TCTTS
AG
Nice.
schmendeler
AG
ATM1876 said:

not only is it set in the 70s/80s it looks like it was filmed then. very interesting.
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

not only is it set in the 70s/80s it looks like it was filmed then. very interesting.

That's just Waco
schmendeler
AG
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

That's just Waco
ha. I meant the color and film grain, etc.
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

That's just Waco
This is my favorite post today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.